It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: E'Twaun Moore
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Forget about how much Stacey King praised E'Twaun Moore tonight for his ability to play the PG position when needed...but I'm pretty sure E'Twaun Moore could play all five NBA positions. He could be a huge piece to this team off the bench. You'll have a lot of egos vying for minutes and the ball...meanwhile Moore will just. play. winning. basketball. Doing whatever the team needs of him.

Smart basketball player...and I'm a guy that usually cannot stand the revolving door of combo guards the Bulls have had since the early 2000's.

Post subject: Re: E'Twaun Moore
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie wrote:
Marginal role players are not needed here you idiot meatball.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
e-moo hedging his bets that etawn moore has a breakout year so if he does he can show up in bulls threads later and link us back to this one and say "SEE! I CALLED IT!"

but yeah dude TLDR = it's nice to see hoiberg recognize that giving etauwn minutes > giving hinrich minutes cuz with kirk you might get some defense, but its not going anywhere or building to anything. get etauwn out there and maybe he just maybe he develops into a useful weapon for this team that will be in the hoibulls' arsenal come playoff time.... and obviously thibbs would be giving hinrich minutes (until he breaks down) just for DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

it seems like a +/- thing where hoiberg looks for what players CAN do for the team while thibodeau would recognize what players CAN'T do and bench/doghouse them immediately. good luck etauwn!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 pm 

It isn't about a breakout year. The guy isn't a star.

But he is a valuable piece to have on a good team. It isn't Moore's fault that the Celtics and Magic make bad personnel decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
You just gave Moore the kiss of death.. Add him to your list

Brett Jackson
Travis Wood
Javy Baez
Matt Sczur
Randy Wells

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:05 pm 

How are Wood and Szczur on my list? Also you may not have noticed but Javier Baez was good this year.

How about Arrieta? Deng? Niko? Aromashodu...err...nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:27 am 

IMU wrote:

But he is a valuable piece to have on a good team. It isn't Moore's fault that the Celtics and Magic make bad personnel decisions.
Another great post by IMU.

The playing time that Moore got last year is proving invaluable. This may have been Thibs last thank you present to the Bulls!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

Another great post by IMU.

The playing time that Moore got last year is proving invaluable. This may have been Thibs last thank you present to the Bulls!

[url][/url] https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... GY31reh2UA

9 minutes per game during the regular season. 2.5 during post season. Thibs really played this guy "extended minutes" in order to expedite his development. Thanks Thibs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 am 

long time guy wrote:
9 minutes per game during the regular season. 2.5 during post season. Thibs really played this guy "extended minutes" in order to expedite his development. Thanks Thibs.
:lol: You were the one complaining he was playing too much!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I was complaining that he was playing him in front of Tony Snell. Check the tape. Tony Snell was regularly receiving DNPs prior to Hinrich's injuries. Revisionism particularly when contradicted with evidence, is not going to fly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:57 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I was complaining that he was playing him in front of Tony Snell. Check the tape. Tony Snell was regularly receiving DNPs prior to Hinrich's injuries. Revisionism particularly when contradicted with evidence, is not going to fly.
You can try and spin it all you want but the minutes Moore got seem to have paid off. Any complaints about them were wrong.

Still ready to say that Moore won't crack the top ten in the rotation with the Bulls? :lol: Probably easier for you to admit it now that you were wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yes I am. Also where was the Etwaun Moore love and new found Thibs love when he avg. 2 min. per during the playoffs. I didn't hear a lot of clamoring for the services of Moore when the Bulls were involved in all of their prolonged scoring droughts.

I'm sure you will have no trouble bumping the thread or comment which stated how Thibs screwed up by keeping Etwaun Moore on the bench. That should be pretty easy given the level of groundswell support he is presently enjoying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 am 

long time guy wrote:
Yes I am. Also where was the Etwaun Moore love and new found Thibs love when he avg. 2 min. per during the playoffs. I didn't hear a lot of clamoring for the services of Moore when the Bulls were involved in all of their prolonged scoring droughts.

I'm sure you will have no trouble bumping the thread or comment which stated how Thibs screwed up by keeping Etwaun Moore on the bench. That should be pretty easy given the level of groundswell support he is presently enjoying.
He's a bench player, and they get less time in the playoffs. That's why they are bench players.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:14 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He's a bench player, and they get less time in the playoffs. That's why they are bench players.

According to Imu he is better than Ben Gordon. Ben Gordon won a 6th man of the yr award and avg. 18-19 points a game. If that is the case then he should at least come close to that shouldn't he.

If he is merely a bench player, then what exactly are you celebrating? The basketball existentialist abilities of Etwaun Moore?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:16 am 

long time guy wrote:
If he is merely a bench player, then what exactly are you celebrating? The basketball existentialist abilities of Etwaun Moore?
I'm celebrating that he has worked himself into a contributor for the team, and that people like you who doubted he would will be proven wrong.

Remember, it was just yesterday, that you stated he won't be a top ten player for the Bulls.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I'm celebrating that he has worked himself into a contributor for the team, and that people like you who doubted he would will be proven wrong.

Remember, it was just yesterday, that you stated he won't be a top ten player for the Bulls.

I'm still stating it by the way. Remember, Dunleavy is out. I've kind of proven right regarding Bull and basketball thoughts during the past year. Not that I'm tooting my own horn or anything. Do you really want to continue the battle? Rhetorical question.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He wasn't in the rotation during the playoffs, yet you thank Thibs anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:34 am 

I'll defer to IMU, who seems to have been correct far more than you in regards to basketball.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 am 

IMU wrote:
Also you may not have noticed but Javier Baez was good this year.

In AAA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
IMU wrote:

In AAA

And additionally the majors and the playoffs. As an everyday player...the kid is going to be alright alright alright.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am 

IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IMU wrote:

In AAA

And additionally the majors and the playoffs. As an everyday player...the kid is going to be alright alright alright.

not really in the majors

He looked denuded of his home run power in order to cut down on this strikeouts but he still struck out 1/3 of the time.

His defense betrayed him in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 am 

good dolphin wrote:
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IMU wrote:

In AAA

not really in the majors

He looked denuded of his home run power in order to cut down on this strikeouts but he still struck out 1/3 of the time.

His defense betrayed him in the playoffs.

.289 Batting average would be good for 7th best 2B in all of MLB (since that is your go to stat)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'll defer to IMU, who seems to have been correct far more than you in regards to basketball.

Wrong move.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
[.289 Batting average would be good for 7th best 2B in all of MLB (since that is your go to stat)

See how great he was?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's a pretty bold statement.

Might want to pump the brakes on that line of thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:03 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

sugar rush from prematurely dipping into the Halloween candy bowl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
good dolphin wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

sugar rush from prematurely dipping into the Halloween candy bowl

Understandable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:46 pm 

More point guard duties for our boy E'Twaun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You can try and spin it all you want but the minutes Moore got seem to have paid off. Any complaints about them were wrong.

Still ready to say that Moore won't crack the top ten in the rotation with the Bulls? :lol: Probably easier for you to admit it now that you were wrong.

Oh was I? I thought it was high time to bump this particular thread from days gone by.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:06 am 

long time guy wrote:
Oh was I? I thought it was high time to bump this particular thread from days gone by.
Huh?

Moore is top ten in minutes played this year.