It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
So it is only game 1 of the preseason. So what if most of the real team is not playing. It is still hockey, still better than the Bears,so come on jump aboard the wild ride known as the NHL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
chaspoppcap wrote:
So it is only game 1 of the preseason. So what if most of the real team is not playing. It is still hockey, still better than the Bears,so come on jump aboard the wild ride known as the NHL!

:cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
10/12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
10/12

Hat size?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:27 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Didn't watch, can't imagine many people did, but the ones who did said Schmaltz, Forsling, and Hinostroza (!) were your standout youngsters, while Kero, Motte, and Hartman were warm crap and Svedberg was hot flaming crap. The only real surprise there is Hinostroza, whom I pegged at "AHL All-Star" and nothing more. Maybe he had a good summer. I hope he did; God knows we need forwards.

With Keith being out for at least the preseason, it wouldn't surprise me to see Forsling make the team out of camp and get a quick look early.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:02 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Didn't watch, can't imagine many people did, but the ones who did said Schmaltz, Forsling, and Hinostroza (!) were your standout youngsters, while Kero, Motte, and Hartman were warm crap and Svedberg was hot flaming crap. The only real surprise there is Hinostroza, whom I pegged at "AHL All-Star" and nothing more. Maybe he had a good summer. I hope he did; God knows we need forwards.

With Keith being out for at least the preseason, it wouldn't surprise me to see Forsling make the team out of camp and get a quick look early.

I think we are in for a bumby year. I thought Motte and Schmaltz would make the team, but I think Schmaltz will be the only of the 2. Svedberg needs to learn how to use his size. Should of trained with a certain captain of a New England team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:32 am 

I watched some of the game last night. No one stood out. A whole lot of nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Curious Hair wrote:

I watched most of the game. Hartman was not "warm crap." He wasn't gold, but wasn't bad. Schmaltz and Forsling looked as advertised. They'll need seasoning and experience, but you can see why they're highly regarded. Schmaltz demonstrated his speed and vision multiple times. Forsling was steady and mature.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Did not watch, but am glad to see younger guys getting some time. I really, really, really want to see Roszival anwhere but on the ice.

Pressure is on the young Forwards...we need 2 of them to step up.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:45 am 

No he didn't

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'll be there opening night. Can only pay attention to pre-season hockey so much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Must be saving all those goals for the regular season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 pm 

Hammer gets suspended for the rest of the preseason AND the first regular season game. That's bull fucking shit.

I don't want guys head hunting, but sometimes you're going to make a clean hit that happens to line up with the guy's head. I don't know what you want people to do - not hit the guy at all? Crouch down to make sure you don't get him in the head?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Again, he was useless for two whole years after he got suspended for wrecking Jason Pominville. This is not a good sign at all.

And yeah, if you know the league is going to come down on you like a ton of bricks for shouldering a guy in the head on open ice, fucking don't do it then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Again, he was useless for two whole years after he got suspended for wrecking Jason Pominville. This is not a good sign at all.

And yeah, if you know the league is going to come down on you like a ton of bricks for shouldering a guy in the head on open ice, fucking don't do it then.

Yeah that was a huge problem after the Pominville hit. He was finally getting back to playing physical.

The trouble I see is that you don't always know whether or not you're going to catch the guy's head or you'll catch the guy's shoulder/chest. You either need to go puck all the way or body all the way and hope for the best. By the time you figure out that you're physically lined up with his head, it's too late. It's sort of a flaw in the rule. It's a good rule to control head-hunting. But this is sort of a necessary side effect. With the way puck carriers and defenders are lined up physically, there will be instances where no matter what, you line up with his head. It's an imperfect system.