It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
nazar playing, read where he will C a line with dickinson and anderson.

will watch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm not the smartest guy around, so forgive me, but why is he just playing now? There is like 3 games left. Seems like a mute point

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I think they give college players a quick look after their season ends.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 pm 

He scored?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:46 pm 

nice goal...showcased his speed and shooting ability on the goal. the chance he missed on the PP, was easier to score. amazing, in that he should have had 2 goals in 20 mins of hockey - against a very good club.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:47 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
nice goal...showcased his speed and shooting ability on the goal. the chance he missed on the PP, was easier to score. amazing, in that he should have had 2 goals in 20 mins of hockey - against a very good club.

Cubs are done. I’ll jump over to this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:49 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm not the smartest guy around, so forgive me, but why is he just playing now? There is like 3 games left. Seems like a mute point

my opinion is that's what nazar wanted - 1 year closer for an opportunity to make big money. a 2 year entry level deal usually sees the player earn less over those 2 years. getting $900k for 3 games, another $900k for 2 years after this season...then, time to negotiate for big money: at the same time with bedard and korchinski.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm 

denisdman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Cubs are done. I’ll jump over to this.

yeah. nazar is one more building block to future playoff hockey. he may not be an all-star, but he will eliminate a stiff off the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm 

got steamrolled when the game mattered. hurricanes are a very strong club and when they're on the forecheck against the chicago hockey club's hideous D-zone play, the carnival music ramps up.

not going to pick on anyone, today, need to ask coach dickinson why he keeps rolling out the same dysfunction on the PP. players like foligno or donato have no business on the PP - unless rim arounds count as PP goals. the drop pass for entry - almost every single time; is a trainwreck and seth jones on the PP is a shipwreck.

with all the talent on carolina's 1st PP unit, brind'amor started carolina's game winning PP with his 2nd unit. dickinson and staff need to wake up and smell the coffee.

great to see nazar score. him a few others are the future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
It sucks that a year of the contract is wasted on 3 games, but maybe they had this worked out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 am 

yeah...there's always a chance his side hinted to the blackhawks that he may stay in school...dragging out the time when this particular talent would arrive to a club that has very little attacking talent.. i'm sure things went smoothly - the blackhawks have and will have plenty of $$$ for signings.

no real use comparing this club to a very strong carolina club, but it was obvious in the difference of play in all 3 zones. hawks' D-zone play is a shambles...it's that way against most other clubs. a guy like korchinski needs the season to end. D-men tinordi, murphy and megna have no speed at all. murphy got beat badly on an icing that turned into a non-icing. the carolina player eliminated the 15 foot advantage that murphy had, in 4-5 seconds.

carolina would be a good darkhorse pick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yeah...there's always a chance his side hinted to the blackhawks that he may stay in school...dragging out the time when this particular talent would arrive to a club that has very little attacking talent.. i'm sure things went smoothly - the blackhawks have and will have plenty of $$$ for signings.

no real use comparing this club to a very strong carolina club, but it was obvious in the difference of play in all 3 zones. hawks' D-zone play is a shambles...it's that way against most other clubs. a guy like korchinski needs the season to end. D-men tinordi, murphy and megna have no speed at all. murphy got beat badly on an icing that turned into a non-icing. the carolina player eliminated the 15 foot advantage that murphy had, in 4-5 seconds.

carolina would be a good darkhorse pick.

I'm not sure how darkhorse they are. They are still in play for the President's Trophy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:45 pm 

yeah, true. though i sense that the rangers and florida are generating more talk. the main chunk of canada have their fingers crossed for the leafs. bruins and tampa are also tough.

i like tampa and carolina due to their coaches. think boston doesn't have the attacking depth and skill of the others...how many 7-5 playoff games can the leafs win?

i'd argue carolina's skill against any of the others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yeah, true. though i sense that the rangers and florida are generating more talk. the main chunk of canada have their fingers crossed for the leafs. bruins and tampa are also tough.

i like tampa and carolina due to their coaches. think boston doesn't have the attacking depth and skill of the others...how many 7-5 playoff games can the leafs win?

i'd argue carolina's skill against any of the others.

Agreed, Carolina is well balanced team. The playoffs will be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Caller Bob wrote:

he's in college, just wrapped us his season last Thursday in the frozen four.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I would love to see him Center Bedard for a series or two, but I hope he he is a solid #2 Center.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am 

Cashman wrote:
I would love to see him Center Bedard for a series or two, but I hope he he is a solid #2 Center.

what's the point? That's going to be Celebrini's job next year anyway. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am 

if the hawks were guaranteed the 1st overall pick, no doubt they would take FWD celebrini.

given that, i would take FWD demidov, if the hawks do end up with the 2nd overall pick. i would assume the blackhawks have x-amount of european scouts, maybe 1 just for russia. trust your scouting.

the club desperately needs attacking talent. RD is another need, RD levshunov doesn't appear ready for awhile.

i'm not sure about demidov's contract - it may cost more than 1 year's worth of an entry level deal to break his contract. he may get drafted, then play his last year in russia before coming here. i believe i read he's under contract for 1 more year with his russian club.

here's a brief highlite package. granted, his competition isn't the greatest - his skills are crystal clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-0YWM661i0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:05 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
if the hawks were guaranteed the 1st overall pick, no doubt they would take FWD celebrini.

given that, i would take FWD demidov, if the hawks do end up with the 2nd overall pick. i would assume the blackhawks have x-amount of european scouts, maybe 1 just for russia. trust your scouting.

the club desperately needs attacking talent. RD is another need, RD levshunov doesn't appear ready for awhile.

i'm not sure about demidov's contract - it may cost more than 1 year's worth of an entry level deal to break his contract. he may get drafted, then play his last year in russia before coming here. i believe i read he's under contract for 1 more year with his russian club.

here's a brief highlite package. granted, his competition isn't the greatest - his skills are crystal clear.

I guess it depends on when Demidov's ready and if they feel confident they can sign him away from the K.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Seems like a mute point
How can you be a writer and so fucking dumb at the same time?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

if Hawks don't get #1 they should take a long look at the Israeli kid who just led Denver to a natty. He's a lefty D and not big, but could QB our PP for the next decade.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am 

yes....i mentioned buium when i was getting greedy and hoping the blackhawks can do a deal where the club ends up with 2 picks in the top 11-12.

buium and zayne parekh are both cut from the same cloth, yet, likely not around after the top 14 or so picks. only knock is his size, i can't see him being around for the club's other 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:04 am 

The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I guess it depends on when Demidov's ready and if they feel confident they can sign him away from the K.

the skill is there, shooting/hands/skating...my only fear is someone folding up camp and not trying after getting their first contract in big american dollars. the foley rant against karpotsov. how motivated and determined is he? trust your scouts. kantserov is another.

the blackhawks do have 1 pro scout that is russia-based, semyonov. i'm guessing he's the man behind kantserov and could tip the balance on whether the club drafts demidov or not.