It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Spaulding wrote:
Tuned in for the 2nd. Effort is there I think maybe but we aren't going to be competitive.

They just don't have the talent. Having meh goaltenders doesn't help either.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Can you imagine being Kane or toews? Ick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They have got to trade Kaner. He looks miserable and has absolutely nothing to work with as far as linemates. Just let this be the try hard AHL team they were built to be. When Entwhistle stands out amongst his teammates you have a really awful roster. They won't even let the prospects play on this team as they are all in Canada, College or Rockford.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
They have got to trade Kaner. He looks miserable and has absolutely nothing to work with as far as linemates. Just let this be the try hard AHL team they were built to be. When Entwhistle stands out amongst his teammates you have a really awful roster. They won't even let the prospects play on this team as they are all in Canada, College or Rockford.

Agree; get some picks/prospects and give Kaner a chance for another cup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:34 pm 

Would Kane care about another cup? It's a little stupid, he's a little pouty. Patrick Sharp will always be a huge disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:36 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Would Kane care about another cup? It's a little stupid, he's a little pouty. Patrick Sharp will always be a huge disappointment.

Of course he would care about another cup. If he does not care about cups there is literally no reason for him to continue playing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:34 pm 

For Kaner, they have to wait a bit because of his contract. They had to take the re capture penalty for Keith retiring so that cost them 5.5M for this year. Their available cap is only a shade above 5M now. To move Kane they would likely have to take someone's bad contract and hopefully get some value back in a prospect with that bad contract. Plus he's got that whole NMC.

Man, they really fucked themselves with all these bad deals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:57 pm 

I can't really blame them for toews and Kane. Maybe even Hossa. Everybody else they should have protected themselves more. The Seth Jones thing enrages me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The Seth Jones trade and deal set them back a couple years and will leave them saddled with that deal until they pay someone to take him off their hands. So dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
For Kaner, they have to wait a bit because of his contract. They had to take the re capture penalty for Keith retiring so that cost them 5.5M for this year. Their available cap is only a shade above 5M now. To move Kane they would likely have to take someone's bad contract and hopefully get some value back in a prospect with that bad contract. Plus he's got that whole NMC.

Man, they really fucked themselves with all these bad deals.

He’ll end up being a trade-deadline rental for a contender.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Stan should burn in hell for the Jones trade. There was no reason for it and it has acted as a poison pill now that he is gone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:24 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Stan should burn in hell for the Jones trade. There was no reason for it and it has acted as a poison pill now that he is gone.

The contract is awful - I get the reason for the trade - for some reason, they thought they were a playoff contender (they weren't) but yeah that many years at the price plus a NMC - that was some dumb shit. Tyler Johnson at 5M a year? Keep it too. I can handle the Murphy and McCabe deals - both are fine and low enough that they can be moved.

And Stan should burn in hell for more than the Jones trade.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Watching the Doug Wilson pregame thing. Joe Thornton looks like a homeless guy they threw a suit on…

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:10 am 

pizza_Place: sorentos
nice win last night

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: sorentos
Another fun win

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yes they are winning more than I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:
Yes they are winning more than I thought.

Agreed. I’m. It sure what it means at this point but I’ll take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
stalock looks very not good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
yeah...and thinking he's a cinch to start tonight. tough game, let's see how we do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:20 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yeah...and thinking he's a cinch to start tonight. tough game, let's see how we do.

So far, so good…

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
This team might quietly surprise many. Twice coming back on 2 goal deficits isn't easy. Up tonight by 2. Might be an indication of a bunch of over achievers, just like CFMB... :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:43 pm 

The penalty kill is definitely improved this year

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When you consider the years we had of high talent and low effort, I guess we were due for low talent and high effort. Upgrading from the worst coach in the league in Colliton and then A Guy probably helps, too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The penalty kill is definitely improved this year

Was an awesome job. I think they were down a man for 8 minutes, with about 1:30 of that two men down.

First game v Colorado, I think they gave up four. But Colorado will do that to a lot of teams. Tightened it up since then.

And now up 3!

Last edited by The Division on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I think Troy Murray is doing color tonight...honestly one of the finest gentleman I've ever worked with...good to see him kicking cancer's ass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

So far, so good…

entertaining game...the ice tipped towards the hawks' goal in the 3rd, but they held on. have been impressed with kurashev, reminds me of versteeg. speed & great hands. eddie o has said that the trick to being a competent GM is to know your own players before the rest of the nhl does. given that, hawks need to seriously look at giving kurashev a contract at money & years that behoove the club. going forward, i'd give some thought of penciling him in as the C on the #1 line and see how he handles it. toews' train is coming into it's last stop, while the hawks drafted Cs nazar, ludwinski and greene in the last draft - clearly realizing they lack depth at the position. hawks can always sign another #1 C from free agency, but, looks like kusharev is a keeper. another great goal. i believe (heard on TSN) monahan (if 100% healthy) of the canadiens and larkin (unlikely, is red wings' captain) of detroit are 2 Cs that would be available as UFAs next off-season that would fit the #1 C role, allowing kusharev to play against 'lesser' opponents.

also, tinordi had a monster game. has to stay healthy and consistent. we were nervous about stalock, had a very good game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:10 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

So far, so good…

entertaining game...the ice tipped towards the hawks' goal in the 3rd, but they held on. have been impressed with kurashev, reminds me of versteeg. speed & great hands. eddie o has said that the trick to being a competent GM is to know your own players before the rest of the nhl does. given that, hawks need to seriously look at giving kurashev a contract at money & years that behoove the club. going forward, i'd give some thought of penciling him in as the C on the #1 line and see how he handles it. toews' train is coming into it's last stop, while the hawks drafted Cs nazar, ludwinski and greene in the last draft - clearly realizing they lack depth at the position. hawks can always sign another #1 C from free agency, but, looks like kusharev is a keeper. another great goal. i believe (heard on TSN) monahan (if 100% healthy) of the canadiens and larkin (unlikely, is red wings' captain) of detroit are 2 Cs that would be available as UFAs next off-season that would fit the #1 C role, allowing kusharev to play against 'lesser' opponents.

also, tinordi had a monster game. has to stay healthy and consistent. we were nervous about stalock, had a very good game.

Tinordi has been good. Wonder why he was waived.

Been a fan of Kurashev ever since he had a very good showing at the World Juniors four of five years ago. Glad he's getting a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:30 pm 

Couple trades made today

Quote:
(670 The Score) The Blackhawks made a pair of minor trades Wednesday.

Chicago dealt 23-year-old defenseman Nicolas Beaudin to Montreal in exchange for 22-year-old forward Cameron Hillis, who will report to AHL Rockford. Later, the Blackhawks traded 23-year-old forward Evan Barratt to the Flyers for 23-year-old defenseman Cooper Zech, who will also report to Rockford.

The Blackhawks selected Beaudin in the first round of the 2018 NHL Draft, but he failed to establish himself in the organization. He recorded six points (two goals, four assists) across 22 games for the Blackhawks at the NHL level.

Montreal selected Hillis in the third round of the 2018 NHL Draft. He has appeared in one career NHL game.

Barratt also failed to latch on with Chicago, as he has yet to appear in an NHL game. The Blackhawks selected him in the third round of the 2017 NHL Draft.

Zech has recorded 36 points (four goals, 32 assists) in 131 career AHL games.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beaudin was supposed to be the failsafe if Adam Boqvist did not, in fact, turn out to be Just Like Erik Karlsson. What a terrible draft that was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Couple trades made today

Quote:
(670 The Score) The Blackhawks made a pair of minor trades Wednesday.

Chicago dealt 23-year-old defenseman Nicolas Beaudin to Montreal in exchange for 22-year-old forward Cameron Hillis, who will report to AHL Rockford. Later, the Blackhawks traded 23-year-old forward Evan Barratt to the Flyers for 23-year-old defenseman Cooper Zech, who will also report to Rockford.

The Blackhawks selected Beaudin in the first round of the 2018 NHL Draft, but he failed to establish himself in the organization. He recorded six points (two goals, four assists) across 22 games for the Blackhawks at the NHL level.

Montreal selected Hillis in the third round of the 2018 NHL Draft. He has appeared in one career NHL game.

Barratt also failed to latch on with Chicago, as he has yet to appear in an NHL game. The Blackhawks selected him in the third round of the 2017 NHL Draft.

Zech has recorded 36 points (four goals, 32 assists) in 131 career AHL games.

I'm guessing that Davidson wouldn't have drafted any of the guys he traded today. Kind of interested to see what Barratt does with a fresh start.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next