It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

channel 7 weather report says that people change and seasons change.

I think hot guys should always stay hot and I'm sad when they don't.

We need this.

Whatever I saw tonight keep it. I'll stick with my husband.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 pm 

very exciting hope it's enough to get going

edit :?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Spaulding wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

channel 7 weather report says that people change and seasons change.

I think hot guys should always stay hot and I'm sad when they don't.

Whatever I saw tonight keep it. I'll stick with my husband.

My daughter was born at the same hospital as Sharp's about a week later. I asked one of the nurses if he was that good-looking. She said emphatically OH YES.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Spaulding wrote:
I don't love his "retirement". I don't get what happened but I don't know if this is the best time to have another strong connection to the team leaving after this year.

From what I read, his contract is up at the end of this season. Blackhawks management asked him if he was going to continue on or retire and he said he didn’t know and wasn’t going to make a decision now. So it sounds like they made the decision for him. Could be there were looking to make a change anyway and this was a perfect way for them to do it without “firing” him. Who knows for sure?

It’s sad that it’s come to this from both sides. Since I’m older and remember when I had to listen to the radio for home games (and simulcasting the radio and TV away games) , I’ll always remember his work there, which was fantastic. But the way he’s handled some of the things this year hasn’t been great. He’s just coming off as a bitter old man, which I get and he has every right to be, but it hurts the broadcast.

Time heals all wounds so I hope whatever animosity there is on both sides can be figured out before it’s too late…

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i don't feel that foley is coming off as bitter, i believe he's been a good soldier for the organization - considering what happened with dollar bill. it's easier for him to take shots at players than management - he couldn't take shots at management for spending precious cap money on the big stiff bickell/ridiculous resigning of seabrook, but he's not wrong on number 3 overall pick k. dach.

i believe if he was alone in the booth he'd be much more professional, having eddie in the booth brings out the kid in him. sad to hear eddie having more health issues, but that was soon forgotten and foley was giggling in minutes.

i'm not saying you're totally incorrect, foley may have much to say next year that could make him look bitter.

the whole bannerman/north stars thing, that made foley in this town.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
All these other guys they have been auditioning make Foley sound that much better. I don't mind his and Eddie's shtick, especially when the team is as bad as it is. Unless they get good again it's doubtful I'll watch as many games once Foley is gone for good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
a genius wrote:
All these other guys they have been auditioning make Foley sound that much better. I don't mind his and Eddie's shtick, especially when the team is as bad as it is. Unless they get good again it's doubtful I'll watch as many games once Foley is gone for good.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: watch games around the league and realize how much better and more interesting Foley and Olczyk are than their peers. But what people want these days is a guy off the Syracuse conveyor belt paired with one of Our Wonderful Gals. Any why not? Anodyne observations in some Team USA player's monotone contralto along with some stats about shot attempts will be cheaper, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:26 pm 

Booking tickets groups of 10 or more get $40 per ticket in the 100 level. Please please please come see us play. Yowzer.

Hope this game doesn't suck, it's been a while.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Even the Pens here lost there sellout streak. Some strange things happening to hockey not just Covid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:49 pm 

I was worried about Keith for a minute.

They just tried to push the gluten free cookies at the UC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Spaulding wrote:
Booking tickets groups of 10 or more get $40 per ticket in the 100 level. Please please please come see us play. Yowzer.

Hope this game doesn't suck, it's been a while.

Gosh, back in the day you'd get two seats and it would cost more than 400 between them for 100 level.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:28 pm 

Looks like tickets average about 200-250 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again: watch games around the league and realize how much better and more interesting Foley and Olczyk are than their peers.

For the last couple years I have only watched games from around the rest of the league. I don't think there is anything particularly special about Foley and Olczyk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
DAC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again: watch games around the league and realize how much better and more interesting Foley and Olczyk are than their peers.

For the last couple years I have only watched games from around the rest of the league. I don't think there is anything particularly special about Foley and Olczyk.

The thing I have noticed about the most recent hawks announcers it that they announce after it happens. Foley narrates and elevates everything as it is happening or even before it happens. I am sure years of experience helps with that but the others are so delayed it is almost painful. Like the announcing and game are at different delays.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The main problem is/was Foley is old. On NBC Doc saw the writing on the wall and retired. Btw Al Michaels should too that old dumb Jew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
They keep trying to shoehorn these young announcers that suck. Young doesn’t mean good. There are some really good people on tv that are young. I think bennetti is one of them. He seems to narrate the moment very well. His inflection is spot on and gives you a great feel for the game and moment. Too many of the other younger sportscasters have a bland monotone style that bores the fuck out of me. A good announcer will force me to leave the radio/tv on just to ride along with them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:19 am 

pittmike wrote:
The main problem is/was Foley is old. On NBC Doc saw the writing on the wall and retired. Btw Al Michaels should too that old dumb Jew

Yeah, Doc lost it a little there at the end but that guy was great. I don't remember which show interviewed him on the Score but their intro had all his major Blackhawk playoff calls over the years and it was a trip down memory lane. He just made the games feel big. I miss that guy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
The Man wrote:
DAC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The thing I have noticed about the most recent hawks announcers it that they announce after it happens. Foley narrates and elevates everything as it is happening or even before it happens. I am sure years of experience helps with that but the others are so delayed it is almost painful. Like the announcing and game are at different delays.

Foley was like that, IMO, due to the radio/TV simulcasting that went on back in the 80s. I wonder if he'd be a bit different if he was doing only TV from the time he started. Regardless, Pat Foley from the 80s was as good as it got in terms of PBP.

For me, I don't really need a PBP guy for TV, maybe for players that I don't know. For the plays I don't know, I rely on the analyst for that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The Man wrote:
They keep trying to shoehorn these young announcers that suck. Young doesn’t mean good. There are some really good people on tv that are young. I think bennetti is one of them. He seems to narrate the moment very well. His inflection is spot on and gives you a great feel for the game and moment. Too many of the other younger sportscasters have a bland monotone style that bores the fuck out of me. A good announcer will force me to leave the radio/tv on just to ride along with them.

I really hated Hawk at the end, but I would rather have him. Listening to Bennetti makes me wanna hang myself.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
The Man wrote:
The thing I have noticed about the most recent hawks announcers it that they announce after it happens.

spot on. the radio guy needs to tell us that the opponent "he shoots and scores", 2 seconds after you hear 12,000 hawk fans groan. same thing after those 12,000 are cheering a hawk goal, he'll tell us "he shoots and scores" 2 seconds after the crowd is cheering. yes, we can easily tell what happened by the reaction of the crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Hawks-Blues on a Saturday night. I want Foley, not more fucking amateur hour. This guy they have doing PBP tonight is doing the thing where he tries to sound like a very professional announcer but his delivery is so fake and put on he sounds more like Professor Frink from the Simpsons.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:13 pm 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-blac ... 00881.html

LOL- a good 2-3 pieces away? Maybe if those pieces were Auston Matthews, Cale Makar, and Igor Shesterkin.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Hawks-Blues on a Saturday night. I want Foley, not more fucking amateur hour. This guy they have doing PBP tonight is doing the thing where he tries to sound like a very professional announcer but his delivery is so fake and put on he sounds more like Professor Frink from the Simpsons.

Why is the audio volume so low on the broadcast? I have to turn it up +5 to hear this guy whispering the play by play.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:21 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Exile on Route 41 wrote:

Why is the audio volume so low on the broadcast? I have to turn it up +5 to hear this guy whispering the play by play.

ASMR Broadcast?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
"Friday night on the west side, that's the best side!" the bearded hipster fuck says to Colby Cohen to open tonight's broadcast.

You know, if Foley is already fired and Olczyk is already retired it's okay to tell the 8 of us who are still watching. This season already reads like a WYTS article about the Redskins before Magary lost his edge anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 am 

FFS

I almost turned off the highlights since they were so boring. I hope none of you guys watched that snoozefest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 pm 

Hagel traded to Tampa.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
RFDC wrote:
Hagel traded to Tampa.

Reportedly for two #1s and two prospects.

Yeah, they’ll be low-end #1s, but still…good start.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:54 pm 

Hawks give up Hagel and a 22 4th round pick and a 24 4th round pick.

Hawks get Taylor Raddysh, Boris Katchouk and 23 1st round pick and a 24 1st round pick

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
There will be a lot of gnashing of teeth over that trade but this team is a long way from competing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next