It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
As connected as the Wirtz family is, if they wanted to find Toews in such trouble that they had grounds to terminate his contract, they could do it. I really believe that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
JFC are we really lamenting the loss of Nick Leddy now? Charm and Jurko are.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:

Jurko is spot on about Keith. CH and I had an exchange about Keith maybe a month ago. I see too many mistakes from Keith.

But there are no heroes in this series. The entire team has been flat, and I always pin the blame on the highest paid, highly touted players- 19, 88, 7, and 2 among a few others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 pm 

denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Jurko is spot on about Keith. CH and I had an exchange about Keith maybe a month ago. I see too many mistakes from Keith.

But there are no heroes in this series. The entire team has been flat, and I always pin the blame on the highest paid, highly touted players- 19, 88, 7, and 2 among a few others.

Not too many players have been good but yeah those 4 plus Panarin are really notable . Can't fucking score 3 goals in 3 games and not expect to suck hind tit. Plus , another multi goal lead blown which has happened numerous times this year .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Leddy was good, but not great. I think I might like to have him back now that I see how decimated our defensive pipeline is, but whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Leddy was good, but not great. I think I might like to have him back now that I see how decimated our defensive pipeline is, but whatever.

Seems like Q has a very difficult system for young players to pick up which doesn't help much.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Curious Hair wrote:
As connected as the Wirtz family is, if they wanted to find Toews in such trouble that they had grounds to terminate his contract, they could do it. I really believe that.

Can you please expound upon this and the weed suspicions?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Matches Malone wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'd like to know too. What do you know? Is it public knowledge? Toews still had a golden boy image. I cant' believe he's doing weed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'd like to know too. What do you know? Is it public knowledge? Toews still had a golden boy image. I cant' believe he's doing weed.

Especially considering Toews is such a health nut and is supposedly crazy strict about what he puts into his body . Can't believe he's a regular (if at all) pot smoker considering that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie Hair will not pay this off. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Has an 8 seed ever swept a 1 seed in either the NHL or NBA?

Edit...looks like it's happened several times in the NBA but never in the NHL from what I can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Prior to the season, I thought Nashville would be the biggest obstacle. They certainly didn't play like it in the regular season, but they figured out for this series.

Toews is done. 2 seasons in a row of very pedestrian hockey. I believed this team was better this season at defense but we are clearly seeing that's not the case. Rozner said it best....this team get old and slow really quickly.

Sadly...with the contracts they have...the future doesn't look so good. I like the young guys from this year, but Toews, Keith, Seabrook contracts are a real problem. Kane still has it but as was mentioned before, someone has to get him the puck.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
wdelaney72 wrote:
Prior to the season, I thought Nashville would be the biggest obstacle. They certainly didn't play like it in the regular season, but they figured out for this series.

Toews is done. 2 seasons in a row of very pedestrian hockey. I believed this team was better this season at defense but we are clearly seeing that's not the case. Rozner said it best....this team get old and slow really quickly.

Sadly...with the contracts they have...the future doesn't look so good. I like the young guys from this year, but Toews, Keith, Seabrook contracts are a real problem. Kane still has it but as was mentioned before, someone has to get him the puck.

Keith has arguably the best contract in the NHL.

I would've agreed about our defense being solid this season until the Oduya trade. Now the defense is shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Kempny in for Oduya.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 pm 

What are we thinking about tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm 

Trying to be positive....but not doing very good with it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Trying to be positive....but not doing very good with it.

Gotta Manny Ramirez it at this point.

With the Red Sox just one loss from elimination, the star slugger was asked about Game 5 of the AL Championship Series
against Cleveland. "Why should we panic?" he said Wednesday in a rare clubhouse interview. "We've got a great team."

And then, this: "It doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
What are we thinking about tonight?

How to tear down and rebuild.

Here's what a lot of you guys just don't get about the NHL. This league is moving at the speed of light, not just in on-ice velocity but in player trajectories, not quite so much at defense but emphatically at forward. There's so much young, fast, elite talent coming up every year. Look at Matthews and Marner in Toronto, who are taking it to the Crapitals about ten times harder than the Hawks are to the eighth-place Perds. Look at McDavid and Draisaitl in Edmonton, the kids in Calgary, Laine and Ehlers in Winnipeg. Today's league is all about youth. It's a glorified NCAA. By age 26, your best days are gone. People are already looking at guys like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, 1OA in 2011, as yesterday's news. What does that say for guys in their late twenties like Toews and Kane, or, perish the thought, their thirties? This league is fucking Logan's Run. You can't put together those long meaningful careers anymore like those of, say, Joe Nieuwendyk, or Danny Alfredsson, Doug Weight, Mark Recchi, Dave Andreychuk, Dave Roberts, Mats Sundin, guys who contributed as not-even-that-old men because they were in better shape and kept their resistance low against a league rounded out by goons and drug-addled fuckups. You can't do that anymore, the floor isn't that low now. Today's league is so goddamn fast and hard-hitting. It chews you up and spits you out. Anze Kopitar is probably done. Jonathan Toews is definitely done. Brent Seabrook is a beached whale. It makes for exciting hockey, sometimes, but it's going to dictate a ruthlessness where it's understood that by the time your second contract is up, all you'll ever be to your team is a liability. Blame the CBA, I guess; much the same is happening to the NFL with theirs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm 

When taking in CH's thoughts on the future of hockey, let's not forget that he is the guy that in the last few years predicted that the Avs, the Stars, and the Wild were the teams of the future. 2 of the 3 did not even make the playoffs this year and the Wild have collapsed faster than his Hell is coming to breakfast line.

So I don't really think that he has his finger on the pulse of what is going to happen as we move forward.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm 

You've got some serious issues then if that's the case.

Toews and Seabrook are on the books until what, 2023? How would you go about breaking it down and building it back up and more importantly, do you have faith in Bowman's capabilities to do so?

Can a case be made for a retool as opposed to a rebuild?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm 

I would trade Panarin, Anisimov, Hjalmarsson, Kruger, van Riemsdyk, and Crawford if I could, and live with the other burdens while amassing as many draft picks and prospects as possible. It's time to reimagine the entire team other than Patrick Kane, who is among the rare players of this generation who will be able to contribute at a high level for many years, and ride out the burdensome players while hoping that Seabrook or Toews find their way into grounds for termination.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm 

I thought they would at least have one deep run left in them. Didn't think it would end so early.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
I thought they would at least have one deep run left in them. Didn't think it would end so early.

They've been making the playoffs with this core since 2008-09, to be fair. They lasted the entire Obama presidency. Now it's all over and it's time to start from as close to scratch as you can.

Happy 4/20 to Jonathan Toews, by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

They've been making the playoffs with this core since 2008-09, to be fair. They lasted the entire Obama presidency. Now it's all over and it's time to start from as close to scratch as you can.

Happy 4/20 to Jonathan Toews, by the way.

still can't believe it. can you send me a link he's a pot smoker. if that's true what a fucking loser. Young with all the money in the world and you turn to smoking pot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm 

There's nothing wrong with smoking pot in and of itself. The problem is when your world is very small for many years and you get way too into drugs in the manner of a 15-year-old because you have the education of a 14-year-old.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
There's nothing wrong with smoking pot in and of itself. The problem is when your world is very small for many years and you get way too into drugs in the manner of a 15-year-old because you have the education of a 14-year-old.

Hey, Curious Julie ... either back-up your accusation with some evidence or stifle it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm 

We already litigated all this months ago when we talked about his Onnit endorsements. His mugshot on the Committed Indian lineups has been Willie Nelson all season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Reminds me of a guy I knew. Straight edge, health nut his whole life. Finally convince him to smoke a bowl and months later he's sucking nitrous out of a balloon until his lips are purple and smoking synthetic weed (which sucks ass) and claims it's a different kinda high.

Luckily for me he never wanted to talk to me again after I decided we should all do a shot in Game 1 of the World Series when Beckett got a strike out and he proceeded to strike out something like 7 or 8 of the first 9 batters and then I crashed my car into his tree.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
We already litigated all this months ago when we talked about his Onnit endorsements. His mugshot on the Committed Indian lineups has been Willie Nelson all season.

Citing a logo from Committed Indian is your 'proof'?

Ye gods.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
... and then I crashed my car into his tree.

I have this feeling that MANY of your stories end this same way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next