It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i'm willing to give the new regime lots of time. looks like they couldn't wait to dump dach and too bad they couldn't convince the canadiens that his name is really dachier - they would have gotten more.

i don't see any positive sea-change happening until the kane and certainly the toews contracts go away. poor kane, lost his snipers panarin and now debrincat. panarin was lost to recapture saad - due to bowman getting bickell all wrong. to me, that was the start of the unraveling.

Quote:
More likely Towes retires or gets a Hosea skin injury.

just too many crosschecks to the back of the head.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
i'm willing to give the new regime lots of time. looks like they couldn't wait to dump dach and too bad they couldn't convince the canadiens that his name is really dachier - they would have gotten more.

i don't see any positive sea-change happening until the kane and certainly the toews contracts go away. poor kane, lost his snipers panarin and now debrincat. panarin was lost to recapture saad - due to bowman getting bickell all wrong. to me, that was the start of the unraveling.

Quote:

It's going to take YEARS for this to turn around. I keep hearing a 5 year rebuild but that's if they hit with these players and their tank pays off in a couple elite players the next 2 drafts. They have very little in the minors right now. Reichel looks to be a top 6 winger and maybe Commesso becomes a starting goalie but everything else is just bottom 6 and bottom pairing guys. I'm not a Hawks fan but I'd be happy they went this route if I were one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The DeBrincat trade combined with the Mrazek trade makes a little more sense even though I think they needed a 2023 pick in there as well.

DeBrincat for #7, #25, Mrazek, and the 2024 3rd, with the total money staying about the same but half of it being pushed out a year. In theory, that should let them absorb another $3M expiring contract for maybe a 3rd next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:32 am 

It is all they can do right now with the current situation of the team and minors.

It sucks. But we got to see quite the run of dominance.

Hopefully the hit on a few guys and can get it turned around at some point.

I have no issues with what they are doing. And I will be pulling for Kane wherever he ends up. And I hope for his sake Toews heads to the farm and enjoys his retirement. He deserves it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Stan should burn in hell for what he did the last 5 years. He traded away every prospect and every draft pick and got shit back every time. It sucks seeing guys like Hagel and the Cat go but it has to be done in order to be bad enough to build it from the foundation up. Now what the hell do they do with Jones? He will be awful by the time this team is good. Is he just around to keep them above the cap floor? I would trade him away too for whatever I could get and then load up on shit contacts from other teams coupled with prospects/picks to keep above the floor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I read somewhere (maybe Second City Hockey) that Jones' NTC is only on his extension, which starts on Tuesday.

I won't be surprised if they trade him, but then again they need to pay somebody the year after this one.

Jones for a Seabrook type LTIR dump of about $12M and a 2024 1st and 3rd round pick, anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Word on the street is that Duncan Keith is retiring, so that’s a $5M+ cap hit for the Hawks for next season:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/sta ... e3adba32a5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Let me know when they retire #2 to the rafters.
Probably the only time I'll go to a Hawks' game in the next 5 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:48 pm 

Nice recap of all their picks

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/black ... A1PksIwj-s

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:

How many Poles does it take to bring the Blackhawks back to the Stanley Cup? Two!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

How many Poles does it take to bring the Blackhawks back to the Stanley Cup? Two!

And one pole, that of Brad Aldrich, to ruin the franchise’s reputation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:48 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Stan should burn in hell for what he did the last 5 years. He traded away every prospect and every draft pick and got shit back every time.

I was having this conversation last night- does Bowman ever get another job of consequence in the NHL? Couple the Beach incident which I don't hold him as responsible as McDonough and Q, AND the way he left the team with the Jones trade. He literally set the Hawks back a couple years with the god awful trade.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well they sure had a lot of picks. I’ll say that

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
DAC wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Quote:

It's going to take YEARS for this to turn around. I keep hearing a 5 year rebuild but that's if they hit with these players and their tank pays off in a couple elite players the next 2 drafts. They have very little in the minors right now. Reichel looks to be a top 6 winger and maybe Commesso becomes a starting goalie but everything else is just bottom 6 and bottom pairing guys. I'm not a Hawks fan but I'd be happy they went this route if I were one.

yes, no guarantee they will make the right selections if gifted with high picks.

i think next year the league cap numbers are $82.5 mil cap/$61 mil floor. i was wondering what happened to their european scouts? is the club still funding the european scouting? i'm betting those funds dried up quick.

Quote:
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS CAP TOTALS
Forwards:
$37,466,666 (#17)
Defensemen:
$20,166,667 (#19)
Total Cap $:
$66,971,795
Est. Cap Space:
$15,290,705

the 2022-23 hawks are already $5+ mil OVER the floor at $66+ million and that is with only 16 salaries out of 23 salaries on a full active roster. in a rebuild, no chance of paying big money for a wonderkid finnish winger or swedish d-man.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Across the board with this draft.....the theme seemed to be all gas and no brake. Motor..motor...motor...that was the theme with every pick. Should be fun to watch if it comes together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Blackhawks have a woman assistant GM now. I'm sure that will fix all our problems.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:43 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
The Blackhawks have a woman assistant GM now. I'm sure that will fix all our problems.

We all know you need to have balls to be successful in that role.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
The organization must have stockpiles of cash somewhere because there will be absolutely no reason for anyone to spend money on what are now insanely overpriced tickets to attend games, or buy any team gear, or spend a second watching a game in the post Foley era.

The bandwagon jumping championship fans are long gone, but there is a very real possibility that many long term fans will find something else to do with their time in the winter, and it will take a long time to bring them back if they ever come back.

Good thing the Wirtz family has the distribution business because they would be in for some hard times financially if they had to depend on their hockey team for income.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
blackhawksfan wrote:

Maybe they couldn't find a qualified man that believes he is a woman.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
DAC wrote:
Stan should burn in hell for what he did the last 5 years. He traded away every prospect and every draft pick and got shit back every time.

I was having this conversation last night- does Bowman ever get another job of consequence in the NHL? Couple the Beach incident which I don't hold him as responsible as McDonough and Q, AND the way he left the team with the Jones trade. He literally set the Hawks back a couple years with the god awful trade.

I think all 3 will get blacklisted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Agreed, and Q is the one who deserves it least. He was never really allowed to control his coaching staff; it was always set out for him until they set him up to fail. "I don't have time for this" was the right thing for him to say in his position. Bowman had all kinds of time. What else did he have to do?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kubalik and Strome non-tendered, return of big fat nothing. This is going to be worse than 2002-2007, because now in addition to being bad, the media says the Blackhawks are advocates of white supremacy and gay rape.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Kubalik and Strome non-tendered, return of big fat nothing. This is going to be worse than 2002-2007, because now in addition to being bad, the media says the Blackhawks are advocates of white supremacy and gay rape.

Well that is just back to Bernsie’s all Hawks fans are KKK etc and impregnate themselves at parades. So the media will be happy us cretins are no longer noticed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:48 am 

Cashman wrote:
DAC wrote:

I think Q coaches again. There's already been rumblings and hockey culture and the old boys' network is forgiving. McDonough probably stays retired or takes another position in a different sport.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:52 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
The organization must have stockpiles of cash somewhere because there will be absolutely no reason for anyone to spend money on what are now insanely overpriced tickets to attend games, or buy any team gear, or spend a second watching a game in the post Foley era.

The bandwagon jumping championship fans are long gone, but there is a very real possibility that many long term fans will find something else to do with their time in the winter, and it will take a long time to bring them back if they ever come back.

Good thing the Wirtz family has the distribution business because they would be in for some hard times financially if they had to depend on their hockey team for income.

While we'll never get the answer, I am curious what the financial hit will be for this. 41 home dates- let's say attendance averages 12k. Their payroll drops 15 M to roughly 65-70 M. How much does their profit decrease? Do they lose money?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Sponsorships and ad revenue as well. I’m surprised they couldn’t get a late round pick at least for one of those two. Was looking at the depth chart right after draft and it was awful even before the non tenders. The Jones trade set it back a year or two and they still sucked last year. Train wreck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:24 am 

Derek King to be an assistant.

He seems like a good dude. Glad he is getting a chance to stick around, but that is going to be kinda odd. Be interim head coach, want to be the head coach full time and now be an assistant to another head coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
RFDC wrote:
Derek King to be an assistant.

He seems like a good dude. Glad he is getting a chance to stick around, but that is going to be kinda odd. Be interim head coach, want to be the head coach full time and now be an assistant to another head coach.

I wonder if he was really Richardson's choice or if King was handed to him by Davidson. If I were King, I probably would have opted to seek employment elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
DAC wrote:
Cashman wrote:
DAC wrote:

I think Q coaches again. There's already been rumblings and hockey culture and the old boys' network is forgiving. McDonough probably stays retired or takes another position in a different sport.

Coach Q is 63 years old. I would guess at least another year out would be needed....I just don't see it. I think he's done. Bowman and McDonough will / should be blacklisted.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Wondering what Kane brings back in a trade? He has refusal rights, so if he wants to go to a contending team you would get back first round picks at the end of the first round at best.

All the talk is about tanking badly enough to secure the first overall pick for the Bedard kid who is supposed to be one of the best prospects in years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next