It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Sam Fels: the not-convicted rapist

man, where's the fake band names thread when i really need it? Julie DiCaro and the Not-Convicted Rapists would seriously get me to stick around if i saw that name written on the door @ the empty bottle!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
With the Blues' loss tonight (and a big injury to Fabbri), Hawks-Perds is 99% set for the first round. Here we go again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 pm 

St Louis failing to make the playoffs was be great :lol: Fuck the blues

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
With the Blues' loss tonight (and a big injury to Fabbri), Hawks-Perds is 99% set for the first round. Here we go again.

whats ur hawks confidence level @ on a scale of 1 to 10 for a hawx/perdz series?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:00 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

whats ur hawks confidence level @ on a scale of 1 to 10 for a hawx/perdz series?

6.6. Nashville has been discombobulated this year because their goaltending is going to shit and their forwards as a whole aren't really as good as they need to be for a Laviolette run-and-gun team, but they've also had a lot of injuries when we've seen them, especially to Subban, and they could be putting it together down the stretch. The Hawks as of late haven't inspired a great deal of confidence, but when have they ever from games 49 through 82?

I think Shea Weber may have been more integral to the Perds than people gave him credit for. I mean, it's not that anyone ever disliked Shea Weber, at least not beyond "I don't like that he doesn't play for my team," but when Subban came to town, well, no one was going to miss a chance to get up and say "I am in favor of the black guy, the black guy is the best, I will not allow myself to be mistaken for the people who don't like the black guy," and now all of a sudden Weber is just a big dumb old white guy (who has the Habs in first place). The whole thing about having to rescue Subban from the racism of Montreal always struck me as silly given his destination: "Montreal is so racist! This is where he belongs, in a city that makes music for aggressively white people, in a state that seceded from America over the right to own black people."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
a city that makes music for aggressively white people

montreal? literally and figuratively a comedy festival compared to THE REALNESS!!!!

(hint: it's a place that made me wanna make a t-shirt that says THERE'S A FUCKING "R" IN "CAAAAARRRR")

edit: this dude just makes me lose my shit....this can't be serious. everything he says is a platitude!

seriously, i always joked that if i ever moonlighted in a punk band i'd be jimmy disdain.... definitely no JOE HARDCORE, but then again i dont claim to be the product of a fucked up society! i'm just kinda technically [redacted] or something (shhhh) =P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:01 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

6.6. Nashville has been discombobulated this year because their goaltending is going to shit and their forwards as a whole aren't really as good as they need to be for a Laviolette run-and-gun team, but they've also had a lot of injuries when we've seen them, especially to Subban, and they could be putting it together down the stretch. The Hawks as of late haven't inspired a great deal of confidence, but when have they ever from games 49 through 82?

I think Shea Weber may have been more integral to the Perds than people gave him credit for. I mean, it's not that anyone ever disliked Shea Weber, at least not beyond "I don't like that he doesn't play for my team," but when Subban came to town, well, no one was going to miss a chance to get up and say "I am in favor of the black guy, the black guy is the best, I will not allow myself to be mistaken for the people who don't like the black guy," and now all of a sudden Weber is just a big dumb old white guy (who has the Habs in first place). The whole thing about having to rescue Subban from the racism of Montreal always struck me as silly given his destination: "Montreal is so racist! This is where he belongs, in a city that makes music for aggressively white people, in a state that seceded from America over the right to own black people."

Zawaski was the champion of that Subban mindset. Btw, is there a good Hawks centric podcast to listen to? Zawaski's has regressed and I'm not listening to anything from the Committed Indian guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 am 

Zawaski is champion of nothing, he just ripped it off from Hockey Twitter/Puck Daddy groupthink.

Playing around with pythagorean expectation and it's about what you'd expect: Nashville should be around 55 points, they have 58. The Hawks have 69 points (lol), but by goal differential should actually be around 58. Like I've been saying, the Hawks win small and lose big. They've gone to a lot of one-goal games and won a lot of them, but they've also gotten blown out a lot without doing a lot of blowing out themselves. Right now it looks like the series would be a lot closer than you might think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Hawks are way too inconsistent for any playoff series to be easy for them. Unless Crawford tightens it up, they will struggle with any opponent. I am heartened by the play of Schmaltz, Hartman, Hero ,and Panik. They are bringing something every night.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Zawaski is champion of nothing, he just ripped it off from Hockey Twitter/Puck Daddy groupthink.

Playing around with pythagorean expectation and it's about what you'd expect: Nashville should be around 55 points, they have 58. The Hawks have 69 points (lol), but by goal differential should actually be around 58. Like I've been saying, the Hawks win small and lose big. They've gone to a lot of one-goal games and won a lot of them, but they've also gotten blown out a lot without doing a lot of blowing out themselves. Right now it looks like the series would be a lot closer than you might think.

I'd be confident in a series vs. Nashville. Moreso than in years past. Not because the Hawks are better than they have been, but because Rinne is a ghost of his former self.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:18 pm 

Nashville probably goes down in six in one of those series where four or five games go to overtime. I could see Minnesota drawing L.A. in the first round and completely derping it. Then we could have Hawks-Kings again, oh joy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'd love 1st round matchup vs Nashville. That means I'd be able to afford playoff tickets.