It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
For gods sakes, CH is for the move, let that sink in. :lol:

Ask him if he thinks Oduya is better than Toews.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
That's going to be a crazy contract to make it work. Like incentive laden to say the least. Lines would/could be interesting. I'd like him with Hossa just because.. Hopefully this mean Desjardin goes and visits lovely Rockford or whatever.. He is like skating with a half a player out there.

Shalunov would come here on an ELC. It needn't be crazy at all, nor any more incentive-laden than any other ELC for a mid-round draft pick.

There's no place for Desjardins going forth. Decent contributor for a year and a half but he's about as finished as any professional hockey player has ever been. He is literally one of the three or four worst players in the entire NHL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:
For gods sakes, CH is for the move, let that sink in. :lol:

Ask him if he thinks Oduya is better than Toews.

He thinks you are a better hockey player than Toews. :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 pm 

And he knows I can't skate.

Disappointing about Desjardins .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The articles I read on him, and they were mostly speculation, thought it might take a bit more as he is due a pretty big pay raise in KHL. Also referenced him not wanting to make less here and wanting nothing to do with AHL assignment. I don't know. Some of these were based on signing him this summer vs for playoffs so that could make a difference. I would think it would take more than a Hartman or Motte type contract. Maybe more than Schmaltz. Not saying its going to take the Panarin with the 2.5 million performance bonus as this is someone the Hawks have rights to vs being a free agent like Panarin. I hope you're right though CH. I hope it takes a max of a 1.2 AAV..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 pm 

The Hawks own his rights. As per the CBA he would come in on an incentive-based entry-level contract. There are hard limits on what they can offer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
damn hawks keep making great moves. This is like the 3rd ex player they brought back after trading him right?

I thought they'd get Patrick Sharp back but Oduya seems like a better player at this point ? true?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:55 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
damn hawks keep making great moves. This is like the 3rd ex player they brought back after trading him right?

Versteeg, Ladd, Campbell, Oduya. You could count Michael Handzus and Jassen Cullimore if you wanted to reach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Versteeg, Ladd, Campbell, Oduya. You could count Michael Handzus and Jassen Cullimore if you wanted to reach.

Khabibulin's short 2nd stint counts as well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

I thought they'd get Patrick Sharp back but Oduya seems like a better player at this point ? true?

Patrick Sharp would not have helped this team at this point. He is at best a 4th liner on a good team with the toll his body has taken this year. Oduya addresses a need and came over cheap while leaving cap space to sign Shalunov if that happens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Khabibulin's short 2nd stint counts as well

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. His groin exploded in the middle of a game and he went to Kim Johnsson Land.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Versteeg and Campbell weren't /aren't good or even okay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:50 pm 

Versteeg wasn't that bad the second time around, and Campbell has been about what you'd expect a 37-year-old pseudo-fourth-forward to be. Campbell looked much better in Florida last year because he was being put in a position to succeed that we couldn't put him in (paired with Aaron Ekblad and getting lots of cushy zone starts). Campbell fell short of expectations that were probably too high.

Ladd's return was the biggest disappointment of all because he cost us a pick (#22) and a prospect, didn't do anything, we lost in the first round, and he left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm 

I didn't really expect much from Ladd. Versteeg always had great moments but could be so so dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:04 am 

Yeah, he was always a dipshit, even when he was at his best.

Evolution:

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Curious Hair wrote:
Versteeg wasn't that bad the second time around, and Campbell has been about what you'd expect a 37-year-old pseudo-fourth-forward to be. Campbell looked much better in Florida last year because he was being put in a position to succeed that we couldn't put him in (paired with Aaron Ekblad and getting lots of cushy zone starts). Campbell fell short of expectations that were probably too high.

Ladd's return was the biggest disappointment of all because he cost us a pick (#22) and a prospect, didn't do anything, we lost in the first round, and he left.

And for the 2nd time in his career, found a sucker of a team in FA to massively overpay for him. He's lead a charmed life to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:
Not bad at all if he's healthy enough for the playoff grind and comes at the right price (low pick or Mark McNeill). We know what a top four of Keith-Seabrook-Hjalmarsson-Oduya can give us, then add Campbell, Kempny, and van Riemsdyk to round it out on the third pair. Hard not to feel good about that, IF, again, Oduya is close to 100%.

The only place Sharp seems to be going is injured reserve, however, so don't get any big ideas.

I'm still holding out hope for Shalunov coming over tomorrow -- and it would have to be tomorrow -- to shore up the bottom six. I don't want the Hawks to leave anything on the table this year.

If Oduya is in our top 4 we got serious problems. He's bottom pair filler at this point in his career. A buddy of mine is a Stars fan, says he looks very slow these days and has been misused in the top 4 by Dallas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm 

No moves at forward, so the Hawks must be confident that Shalunov is coming over. That or he just really likes what we have.

shakes, if you don't reunite Dunc-n-Seabs and the Swedes, how do you set up this defense?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
No moves at forward, so the Hawks must be confident that Shalunov is coming over. That or he just really likes what we have.

shakes, if you don't reunite Dunc-n-Seabs and the Swedes, how do you set up this defense?

Duncs-Hammer
Seabs-Kempny
Campbell-TVR-Oduya

You can mix and match that top 4, but those are the top 4 I would go with. According to people who follow advanced stats, Kempny is leading our d in possession stats.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 pm 

Hmm, well, sounds like Q wants Hjalmarsson and Oduya back on shutdown duty with Keith and Seabrook back together to pounce on scoring opportunities, and presumably Kempny/TVR with Campbell on the third. We'll see if it still works.

I do hope everyone on the blue line gets offdays here and there this month, especially the guys in the top four. Gotta keep the legs fresh so we can run 'em into the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 pm 

shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Duncs-Hammer
Seabs-Kempny
Campbell-TVR-Oduya

You can mix and match that top 4, but those are the top 4 I would go with. According to people who follow advanced stats, Kempny is leading our d in possession stats.

Advanced stats are bullshit. Kempny looks good by those metrics, but watch him cover a forward 1 on 1 in the D zone, he gets beat like a fucking pylon every time. Tonight's goal is a prime example of it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:38 am 

The same can be said for TVR: by the numbers, he's doing just fine (high +/-, positive Corsi, .263 scoring pace), but you'll watch a game and you can pin a goal against precisely and solely upon him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:49 pm 

shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Not bad at all if he's healthy enough for the playoff grind and comes at the right price (low pick or Mark McNeill). We know what a top four of Keith-Seabrook-Hjalmarsson-Oduya can give us, then add Campbell, Kempny, and van Riemsdyk to round it out on the third pair. Hard not to feel good about that, IF, again, Oduya is close to 100%.

The only place Sharp seems to be going is injured reserve, however, so don't get any big ideas.

I'm still holding out hope for Shalunov coming over tomorrow -- and it would have to be tomorrow -- to shore up the bottom six. I don't want the Hawks to leave anything on the table this year.

If Oduya is in our top 4 we got serious problems. He's bottom pair filler at this point in his career. A buddy of mine is a Stars fan, says he looks very slow these days and has been misused in the top 4 by Dallas.

called it.

Sucks when the guys running the team are dumber than the guy typing on a message board.