It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I was reading a DH article about Schmaltz, and it got me thinking. Of they guys making less than $2M per, who do you like most (Bread man excluded):

1) Hartman $833k- I just love this guy. He is noticeable on almost every shift. He has grit and skill.
2) Schmaltz $925k- Toews resurgence probably doesn't happen without this guy. He seems fast and has good vision on the ice. He makes an impact in distinct spurts.
3) Darling $600k- Q should give Crawford rest more often. He is a great backup.
4) TVR $750k-Pretty solid. I trust him on the ice.
5) Panik $875k- He is doing more than I ever thought he would. He still seems to miss good chances, so he's not the best finisher, but he has a decent game.
6) Kero $667k- I'll take what he offers on the 4th line.
7) Vinnie- Well, I am not posting his salary since he's gone and sure as hell am not spelling his name. He is ok, kinda.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I would probably rate Panik ahead of Darling and TvR at this point, although he can be frustratingly streaky. TvR IMO, while still a work-in-progress, is trending slowly upward.

Darling has been better of late, but still scares me. I do think he needs to see a bit more action, and probably will as the season winds down and the games before the playoffs have less meaning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:15 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
I was reading a DH article about Schmaltz, and it got me thinking. Of they guys making less than $2M per, who do you like most (Bread man excluded):

1) Hartman $833k- I just love this guy. He is noticeable on almost every shift. He has grit and skill.
2) Schmaltz $925k- Toews resurgence probably doesn't happen without this guy. He seems fast and has good vision on the ice. He makes an impact in distinct spurts.
3) Darling $600k- Q should give Crawford rest more often. He is a great backup.
4) TVR $750k-Pretty solid. I trust him on the ice.
5) Panik $875k- He is doing more than I ever thought he would. He still seems to miss good chances, so he's not the best finisher, but he has a decent game.
6) Kero $667k- I'll take what he offers on the 4th line.
7) Vinnie- Well, I am not posting his salary since he's gone and sure as hell am not spelling his name. He is ok, kinda.

Hinostroza has an NHL cap hit of $717,500, though both his salary and cap hit will be considerably prorated by his AHL time. Anyway, this list leaves off a few more than Panarin. As it turns out, the majority of the roster makes under $2MM.

1. Artemi Panarin: $925,000 - enough said

2. Scott Darling: $600,000 - Second to Panarin, the most valuable under-$2MM to the team. He had a rough year last year but he's looked very good again.

3. Nick Schmaltz: $925,000 - I think Schmaltz has the highest ceiling of any of the kids, though Hartman has been quite a surprise. What he's done with and for Toews has been a revelation so far.

4. Brian Campbell: $1,500,000 - Should we even count Campbell in this? He's fallen short of expectations but we knew he wasn't going to be as good as he was with Aaron Ekblad.

5. Ryan Hartman: $832,500 - Very pleasantly surprised to see how well he's done here. Great Shaw replacement, though in points he's almost more of a Teravainen replacement.

6. Richard Panik: $875,000 - Streaky project player with lots of garbage goals, but they're still goals. Ideally you want him to be the kind of premium fourth-liner that Michael Frolik was, a high-ceiling guy with a low ceiling imposed upon him, but we have to ask more of him than that, unfortunately.

7. Trevor van Riemsdyk: $750,000 - He's recovered from being eye-poppingly awful to start the year but remains overdeployed and seems to get scored on a lot despite one of the better +/-s on the team. I'll laugh if Las Vegas treats him like a true first-pairing defenseman.

8. Michal Kempny: $700,000 - Kempny isn't as bad as Quenneville's healthy scratches have made him out to be nor is he as good as FelsMcClure's tireless advocacy made him out to be. Holes in his game, sure, but glad to have him here.

9. Gustav Forsling: $767,500 - I'm conflicted on Forsling because objectively speaking, he is a disappointment by dint of not being in Chicago any longer, but at the same time, I think he acquitted himself pretty well for a 20-year-old dman in his first year on 200'x85' ice. I hope he gets Keith-in-the-playoffs minutes down in Rockford to make plays and make mistakes and do whatever he needs to do to be a full-timer next year. I feel good about him going forward.

10. Tanner Kero: $667,500 - Satisfied with Kero. Kruger replacement.

11. Vinnie Hinostroza: $667,500 - I've never been 100% sold on Hinostroza. I can't see him as anything but a tweener. I want to be wrong.

12. Tyler Motte: $925,000 - Haven't seen much of Motte lately but I think he'll wind up being as good as Hartman. Kinda feel like he's an incomplete now, hard to rank.

13. Dennis Rasmussen : $575,000 - I'm starting to get a little down on Rasmussen, as his lack of offense (one goal and one assist in the last ten weeks/27 games) is really getting hard to gloss over. I don't think we can have Moose and Kruger as pointless wonders in the playoffs, not when you need bottom-six scoring to take over for a cancelled-out top six, and Kruger obviously isn't going anywhere (for now).

14. Michal Rozsival: $600,000 - I have to hand it to Rozsival for coming back year after year. He's clearly finished now but I hope he can stick around as a coach or part-time instructor.

15. Jordin Tootoo: $750,000 - Awful, useless, only here because he parties with Seabrook in the offseason. Zero points. Makes Dan Carcillo look good.

16. Andrew Desjardins: $800,000 - Maybe Desjardins is a good dressing-room presence but he's been one of the worst players in the entire NHL this season. I think the only one worse has been Riley Sheahan of Detroit, who is in an unbelievable scoring drought. Send him down or out.

I left off Spencer Abbott because no one cares about a guy who played less than nine minutes for us, but I was tempted to rank him 15th ahead of Tootoo and Desjardins because at least his less than nine minutes didn't take wins away from us like those two schmucks did.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 pm 

I only picked the guys worthy of a mention. Basically looking at the decent young guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 pm 

No Crawford, no Hjalmarsson tonight. So basically take no penalties.

I said no games matter anymore but I lied. This one matters because if you can keep points out of the Blues' hands, there's a slight chance they'll screw up and miss the postseason altogether. They're three up on L.A. with a game in hand for WC2, one back of Calgary with one in hand for WC1, and two back of Nashville with one in hand for 3rd in the Central. SportsClubStats has them at 89.7% for making the playoffs but that seems a little high to me. Let's help them get that 11.3%. I don't want to deal with Tarasenko if I can help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm 

I want the Blues in the playoffs. Wildly entertaining and vengeful. I may go to St Louis again this year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:28 pm 

I would rather see the Kings and Jets get the wild cards over the Flames and Blues. The Flames are a great big nothing that'll just get swept by the Wild. Winnipeg and L.A. have awesome talent in front of crap goaltending (Quick's been out and Hellebuyck forgot what goaltending is). Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler, and Scheifele deserve the playoffs than this bucket of fucks in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Schmaltz looks to have serious potential and looks to be a great match with Toews. I hope Hartman develops into what it looks like he could be. He does a lot as a third liner, not sure I want him higher than that but he seems to have a future. Less of a dumbass streak than Shaw, not as much talent as Teuvo but a lot more want to. Ever now and again Vinnie looks like something. But I'm not sure he is anything more than a dream. Hard when you're that small to have impact. DeBrincat is probably the same pipe dream but he scores a lot and supposedly has an edge. Hopefully Motte develops, looks like he could be okay.

Kempy... I was hoping for more. Hm and TVR drive me nuts with flashes of good and flashes of wtf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 pm 

Holy give and go!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nice goal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Nice goal.

the passing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hawks are all over these fucking guys .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The Cap'ns goal was a beauty. If he truly is healthy and /or reborn it looks good.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm 

They have a decent shot to have 6/20 goal scorers .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Wicked wrister by Kaner...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:00 pm 

Nice

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Kaner!

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tazer with two points already.

Harvard Dan wrote:
Wicked wrister by Kaner...

His body made it look like he was going far post, but he snuck it near side. Sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 pm 

88 can sure find the little open spots better than most I've watched.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Heck of a save

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm 

Dumb turnover.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:16 pm 

Relegated to listening to the just-turned-on stream [mickfoley] here in Sparks, MD [/mickfoley]. Who performed the dumb turnover?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 pm 

Van Reammyass

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
TVR

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm 

:?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:16 pm 

Hopefully the Hawks play the third like the first.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:37 pm 

When was the last time the Blackhawks tipped in a point shot ? Seems like it's been ages .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53 pm 

Arty!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53 pm 

MY. GUY!!!!!

Suck it some more, Rozner.