It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Great game from Crawford.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Fantastic win, but now I can't help but look disappointingly on that game in Detroit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FrankDrebin wrote:
This is the only time I like seeing the Hawks playing keep away on a power play

That was kinda fun. Stupid doc said coach k when dean was four corners with MJ. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Where is CH? Is he a late sleeper?

I think I have a sinus infection. My whole face hurts. I just listened on the radio.

Hey CH, you have any thoughts on John Hayden? He signed today a 2-yr ELC today

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017/3/ ... t-nhl-2017

Yeah, I've had fairly high hopes for Hayden for a while now. I hope he gets a fair shot at next year's roster because we can always use center depth, and a guy with four years of NCAA hockey should be the kind of guy you can mold into a good shutdown center. Probably amounts to Kero with a slightly higher ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Hayden is reporting right to Chicago and will join the team tomorrow. Q said he will get some games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Hayden is reporting right to Chicago and will join the team tomorrow. Q said he will get some games

Hmm, I wonder who is sent down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:45 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No one has to be sent down, after the trade deadline you have no limit to roster slots provided you are under the cap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:16 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No one, necessarily. You lose the 23-man roster limit after the deadline but you're still bound to the salary cap and you only get four AHL recalls. There's no cap for the playoffs, so with Rockford not making it, we'll probably empty out their roster and carry ten to twelve black aces for the hell of it.

I'm circling @Ottawa as a fuckoff game the way @Detroit was. You probably want to give it your best shot against the Habs to see what you have against a team you could meet in the Final, and the Leafs game is worth competing in as well, but a Thursday-nighter against the Sens you can afford to get Hayden in there, among others, rest Crawford and the shutdown Swedes, and just scrimmage it for the 15,000 people who drive all the way to Ottawa's Elburn. I don't expect him to make an immediate impact, but I hope he fares better than other late-season college callups, like Kyle Baun or that one dude, the one who won the Hobey Baker but turned out to suck and has been so forgotten that even I can't remember his name. I think it might have been Pierre.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:19 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

No one, necessarily. You lose the 23-man roster limit after the deadline but you're still bound to the salary cap and you only get four AHL recalls. There's no cap for the playoffs, so with Rockford not making it, we'll probably empty out their roster and carry ten to twelve black aces for the hell of it.

I'm circling @Ottawa as a fuckoff game the way @Detroit was. You probably want to give it your best shot against the Habs to see what you have against a team you could meet in the Final, and the Leafs game is worth competing in as well, but a Thursday-nighter against the Sens you can afford to get Hayden in there, among others, rest Crawford and the shutdown Swedes, and just scrimmage it for the 15,000 people who drive all the way to Ottawa's Elburn. I don't expect him to make an immediate impact, but I hope he fares better than other late-season college callups, like Kyle Baun or that one dude, the one who won the Hobey Baker but turned out to suck and has been so forgotten that even I can't remember his name. I think it might have been Pierre.

Was it Drew LeBlanc?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:21 pm 

Btw, Shattenkirk still Bluesing it up...suspended 2 games

https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-cap ... =277549076

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FrankDrebin wrote:
Btw, Shattenkirk still Bluesing it up...suspended 2 games

https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-cap ... =277549076

Fuck him. I hope he sends a Penguin into concussion land.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:40 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Was it Drew LeBlanc?

Thaaat's it. And they pronounced it "le blah" even though he wasn't French and even if he were you still wouldn't pronounce it "blah." Seems to have washed out of Rockford and wound up in the German league. Here's to better things for Hayden.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hope you feel better CH. I missed your thoughts today. I am on beer #8 and feeling great. Off to LA tomorrow if the weather let's me get out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:56 pm 

Eight beers by five, you better feel great! And yeah I feel a little better. I've had something on and off for weeks, I think.

If you're staying in downtown Los Angeles, stop by a place called EJ's Bites and get some good cheap Middle Eastern.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We stay out north in Woodland Hills, but we'll be downtown quite a bit. I'll see if we have time to check that place out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

It's just a quick little sitdown joint, but I had a really good pita with lamb and Jerusalem salad for like $7. Two really good hot sauces, too. Very satisfying but not heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I've had fairly high hopes for Hayden for a while now. I hope he gets a fair shot at next year's roster because we can always use center depth, and a guy with four years of NCAA hockey should be the kind of guy you can mold into a good shutdown center. Probably amounts to Kero with a slightly higher ceiling.

To correct myself here, apparently Yale moved him to wing, so college wing to pro center in a matter of weeks doesn't feel likely. But hey, our fourth-line wings are up in the air, so who's to say he can't grab a share of one?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:53 pm 

Hayden should fare better than LeBlanc simply due to the fact he was drafted and thus was seen as a prospect from the point he was 18. If they didn't sign Hayden, he would've been a free agent like Vesey and Hayes. He would've drawn some interest from other teams so the Hawks wanted to lock him up before the summer.