It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You'd think so, wouldn't you? I'm sure there's an arrangement to pick things back up in the offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 pm 

Quote:
Speaking of which, though Hayden has only shown a flash or two when on the puck and looks a little behind everything the rest of the time, that was a scorer’s instinct to rip the shot off first time off his skate. Had he tried to corral it, Andersen would have been set and not surprised. So I’ll give him that.

-Hartman and Jurco were probably the best forwards on the night for the Hawks, and while TOOTBLAN has actually not swallowed his own vomit for a couple games I’d much rather give Jurco the rest of the slate to see if anything can’t be conjured. He’s got some skill and vision, and I don’t know where it says you can have too much of that. I certainly don’t need to see that much of the good Dr. or TOOTBLAN or Desjardins.

-While Panarin set up the winner, he had another game where he basically spends his time twiddling his thumbs and waiting for a one-timer. It’s not a major alert for now, because based on last year he will actually apply himself in the playoffs. It’s just annoying, and Schmaltz could use the help.

I'm glad The Committed Indian saw more from Tomas Jurco than they did from the guy with the game-tying goal or the guy with the game-winning assist.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of which, though Hayden has only shown a flash or two when on the puck and looks a little behind everything the rest of the time, that was a scorer’s instinct to rip the shot off first time off his skate. Had he tried to corral it, Andersen would have been set and not surprised. So I’ll give him that.

-Hartman and Jurco were probably the best forwards on the night for the Hawks, and while TOOTBLAN has actually not swallowed his own vomit for a couple games I’d much rather give Jurco the rest of the slate to see if anything can’t be conjured. He’s got some skill and vision, and I don’t know where it says you can have too much of that. I certainly don’t need to see that much of the good Dr. or TOOTBLAN or Desjardins.

-While Panarin set up the winner, he had another game where he basically spends his time twiddling his thumbs and waiting for a one-timer. It’s not a major alert for now, because based on last year he will actually apply himself in the playoffs. It’s just annoying, and Schmaltz could use the help.

I'm glad The Committed Indian saw more from Tomas Jurco than they did from the guy with the game-tying goal or the guy with the game-winning assist.

They actually like the Jurco signing huh? For a hockey blog they sure are wrong most of the time.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 pm 

Well, I like hockey and I'm wrong about stuff on a near-daily basis -- look at how Minnesota is liquid-shitting its pants to end the year (though to be fair to myself, I didn't see any of YOUSE guys saying this is what they'd do). But I don't think they're painting an honest picture of the game by short-selling anyone who speaks English as a first language.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 pm 

I like Hayden. He's a grinder with some good instincts.

Needs to win more puck battles as he loses it everytime he's engaged on the boards. He's also slow.

He's smart though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 pm 

Would you play Hayden in the playoffs if Anisimov is back in time, and if so, with whom? And is anyone else worried about Kero sort of fading these last few games?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion- ... -281010592

Quote:
Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

By default, protections have to be issued to..

Toews
Kane
Seabrook
Keith
Hammer
Crawford

1st and 2nd year protected
Panerin
Schmaltz

My guess the 4 remaining protections will go to
Hartman
Anisimov
Krueger
Panik

My guess, Vegas takes TVR.....Unless they want a "name"...then maybe Hossa?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 pm 

But what it sounds like, the "exposure list" is not the list Vegas must chose from, if it was ,Rosival would be the defensive men they expose, and Jurco and Tootoo would be the two forwards satisfying that requirement, but, but they still can chose from rostered players that aren't 1st or 2nd year or in your "ten protected"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:28 pm 

Hossa has a no-move clause and also has to be a protected player.

Isn't it so fucking dumb that we as fans of 30 NHL teams are all panicking over what George McPhee might do to our teams? This genius traded Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat and built year after year of fatally flawed Capitals teams dating way back to before Ovechkin even got there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hossa has a no-move clause and also has to be a protected player.

Isn't it so fucking dumb that we as fans of 30 NHL teams are all panicking over what George McPhee might do to our teams? This genius traded Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat and built year after year of fatally flawed Capitals teams dating way back to before Ovechkin even got there.

Is this contract database wrong?
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks/

It's showing no restrictions? If Hossa DOES have to be protected, then the Hawks have to chose between protecting Krueger or Panik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

Quote:
Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

By default, protections have to be issued to..

Toews
Kane
Seabrook
Keith
Hammer
Crawford

1st and 2nd year protected
Panerin
Schmaltz

My guess the 4 remaining protections will go to
Hartman
Anisimov
Krueger
Panik

My guess, Vegas takes TVR.....Unless they want a "name"...then maybe Hossa?

I think Kruger is left unprotected. Kero or Rasmussen will fill that spot next year

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:34 pm 

What is horesshit is the rule that "no movement" guys HAVE to be protected, unless there was a player's association legality that had to be met, otherwise, it would have been great for everyone involved.

Teams get to shed a former star currently dragging down salary(Seabrook) and the new team in Vegas can sell some tickets with some former (big) names.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm 

CapFriendly reports a NMC for Hossa. I tried to check General Fanager as well but it appears to have been wiped from existence and not even archived.

You know what the best solution to this expansion draft would be? Fold the Coyotes, transfer their entire 50-man roster and 75-man reserve list over to the Las Vegas franchise but without any of their dipshit coaches or management, and forget about the whole "expansion" mess.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Would you play Hayden in the playoffs if Anisimov is back in time, and if so, with whom? And is anyone else worried about Kero sort of fading these last few games?

Too small of a sample size with Hayden right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 pm 

Oh and recapture would still be charged to the Hawks if Hossa waives his NMC and goes to Las Vegas, so you'd lose him for nothing and carry $4.275MM in dead cap space for four years. I guess you could trade him, but I still don't see a way you win that trade.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh and recapture would still be charged to the Hawks if Hossa waives his NMC and goes to Las Vegas, so you'd lose him for nothing and carry $4.275MM in dead cap space for four years. I guess you could trade him, but I still don't see a way you win that trade.

Bitch move of the NHL to create that rule while allowing teams to trade Pronger's and Datsyuk's contracts even though they are retired.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 pm 

Hey, anything to help out the Coyotes, who have both of those contracts coming off the books this summer and will lose nearly $12.5MM in dead cap space. (They still have about $8.7MM in dead space for Ribiero, Bolland, Vermette.) It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bettman changed the rules so that the Hawks could trade DeBrincat to the Coyotes in exchange for them carrying Hossa's recapture penalty.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hey, anything to help out the Coyotes, who have both of those contracts coming off the books this summer and will lose nearly $12.5MM in dead cap space. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bettman changed the rules so that the Hawks could trade DeBrincat to the Coyotes in exchange for them carrying Hossa's recapture penalty.

At least the cap is projected to go up and Hossa is still a top-9 forward

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:01 pm 

It won't go up appreciably if the union doesn't approve the escalator, and it's speculated that they won't because they're getting tired of putting more money in escrow every year and having it clawed back because revenue fell short.

I'd just keep Hossa and LTIR him if necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

For the love of god, please don't give those assholes clicks. I'd like to see Fels and McClure dropped from the 500 level ramp at Comiskey.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
CapFriendly reports a NMC for Hossa. I tried to check General Fanager as well but it appears to have been wiped from existence and not even archived.

You know what the best solution to this expansion draft would be? Fold the Coyotes, transfer their entire 50-man roster and 75-man reserve list over to the Las Vegas franchise but without any of their dipshit coaches or management, and forget about the whole "expansion" mess.

The guy who owned General Fanager got hired by Vegas's front office and as he is now employed by an NHL team had to take it down in its entirety

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

For the love of god, please don't give those assholes clicks. I'd like to see Fels and McClure dropped from the 500 level ramp at the Comiskey.

Once they went all SJW, I gave up on them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:46 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Too small of a sample size with Hayden right now.

Yup. Let's see how this goes a little while longer and then we will figure out.

I need Hayden to win some board battles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
badrogue17 wrote:
Those green Leafs unis are horrible .

I think they're fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 pm 

Yea, they're really nice.

When I heard they were wearing green jerseys I figured they'd auto-suck but those looked sharp.