It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
https://committedindians.com/making-cas ... is-trophy/

Tab Bamford has the best blog out there imho. He stays out of the SJW fray and keeps it to hockey and he's very good.

Keith has quietly had another stellar season.

I figure Burns will win it because the league loves offensive d-men. He's got 27 goals.

Last edited by GoldenJet on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's not getting it over Burns.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
FifthFeather when they ran their own WordPress site used to be my favorite. They still are my favorite when they write occasional pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Curious Hair wrote:
He's not getting it over Burns.

Note my edit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Keith will probably be one of the three finalists, but yup, it's Burns in a rout this season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
sorry, not sorry but not clicking on anything from that site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shakes wrote:
sorry, not sorry but not clicking on anything from that site.

This isn't the site you are thinking of. They have similar names, but this one is actually palatable and has a bit of a rivalry with the similarly named but trashy blog you are thinking of.

This is run by Tab Bamford, not Fels/McClure (who should be given a free helicopter ride)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Keith is vastly diminished to me. He still skates really well, but there have been plenty of times when he gets turnstiled or is poorly positioned on D. I think his Norris Trophy days are well in the rear. I am sure more astute hockey people (Shakes CH) will have a more informed opinion than mine, but Seabrook and Keith both are showing their wear. I honestly think Hammer is our best and most responsible defenseman. Keith still does great work in the offensive zone with the puck on his stick at the point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Keith is vastly diminished to me. He still skates really well, but there have been plenty of times when he gets turnstiled or is poorly positioned on D. I think his Norris Trophy days are well in the rear. I am sure more astute hockey people (Shakes CH) will have a more informed opinion than mine, but Seabrook and Keith both are showing their wear. I honestly think Hammer is our best and most responsible defenseman. Keith still does great work in the offensive zone with the puck on his stick at the point.

No, I'd agree that Keith has lost a little, but he's still among the top five defensemen in the league. Hjalmarsson is a better pure defensive defenseman, of course. Keith's elite ability has always been flipping the ice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No, I'd agree that Keith has lost a little, but he's still among the top five defensemen in the league. Hjalmarsson is a better pure defensive defenseman, of course. Keith's elite ability has always been flipping the ice.

Keith will remain elite so long as his conditioning keeps up.

Now if we are talking about Seabrook, there has been a notable decline there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That's what I meant. He doesn't suck. He just isn't the best, and I see more mistakes from him than in the past. He's still wonderful, and I especially love the way he skates with the puck at the point on the power play. He moves laterally so well as he searches for a lane.

He has lapses in pure defensive situations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That's what I meant. He doesn't suck. He just isn't the best, and I see more mistakes from him than in the past. He's still wonderful, and I especially love the way he skates with the puck at the point on the power play. He moves laterally so well as he searches for a lane.

He has lapses in pure defensive situations.

Keith is one of those players who elevates his play though. I'm not saying he takes nights off, but he finds another level when the games really matter. I'll need to see him make those mistakes in the playoffs before I really say he's showing decline, especially in areas of mental lapses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Now if we are talking about Seabrook, there has been a notable decline there.

Yeah, this Oduya-Seabrook pairing is giving me the fantods. You really have to go Keith-Seabrook and Oduya-Hjalmarsson if you're going to use Oduya. Keith-Hjalmarsson is obviously a better pairing than either one, but then that leaves you with a second pairing that doesn't work at all. At least Campbell and TVR have been solid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
As CH said above, Hammer is the best pure D man they have. Keith is solid, but does get value from skating that balances out the occasional defensive lapse. Seabrook adds the leadership dimension that make up for his lapses (and a criminally under-utilized shot, particularly on the PP). I can actually see Keith getting another Norris, because he'll likely play for years with his conditioning. As he ages, it would behoove him to tighten up the pure D work in exchange for some of the puck-moving responsibility. Perhaps a pairing with Forsling in the future could work well for him.