It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
:lol: :lol: Fuck this team. I'm done watching until the next series or next season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
hawks need to hope nashville thinks the series is over and shits the next 3 games.

I think I heard Toews name once or twice the whole game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nashville is just better suited for the playoffs. Our forwards are too soft. The Preds dmen retrieve every dump in. Our dmen can't provide any offense either.

Preds just figured us out. Good effort tonight but we were frauds all season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:12 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
This is the end of the Blackhawks as a meaningful entity in Chicago sports.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
:lol: :lol: Fuck this team. I'm done watching until the next series or next season.

i haven't watched all year. is this a surprise or if you've seen this team did you see this coming? It seems hawks have a lot of youngsters out there without any experience. That's fine as long as your veterens are doing their job but they look old and tired. Seems like the magic is gone for the Hawks this year. Even last year in the playoffs vs stl you could tell they had that magic even though they lost in 7. But this year they seem blah.

I've never seen the Hawks physically dominated in a playoff series like this one. This is just bullying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
HawaiiYou wrote:
I think I heard Toews name once or twice the whole game.

Clearly you're not hanging out with curious hair enough!!!

Post-modern when?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Lmfao

Toews can fuck off back to Canadurr and captain the Sunnyvale trailer park team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
This is the end of the Blackhawks as a meaningful entity in Chicago sports.

HEY! surely someone can plonk a drunk chick or not like black women or something. They'll always be around!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 am 

Only time I heard Toews mentioned was when he was getting his ass kicked by Subban and once in OT.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 am 

When they won Quenville got credit as a master adjustment coach. He could adjust in game and between games. LOL, I guess he adjusted well after game 1 giving up 5 goals and playing like they were scared to win in game 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Falcos
The 3rd period and that OT looked like a dead ass team. Crow gave them a chance but they never could figure out a way to play on the other side of the ice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Falcos
How the fuck did Calgary lose tonight? Woof.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:23 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:

i haven't watched all year. is this a surprise or if you've seen this team did you see this coming? It seems hawks have a lot of youngsters out there without any experience. That's fine as long as your veterens are doing their job but they look old and tired. Seems like the magic is gone for the Hawks this year. Even last year in the playoffs vs stl you could tell they had that magic even though they lost in 7. But this year they seem blah.

This is a surprise, an 8 sweeping a 1 always is, though I will say they've always had it in them to shit the bed like this. For years now, no one has had a higher ceiling with a lower floor than the Blackhawks. Other teams have been better or worse on one end or the other, but no one's had a bigger delta. And we're seeing that now. They've always had the capacity not to care at all. I don't blame roster construction or deployment so much as the lack of production and effort from the people we need to rely on the most. Toews is a pot-addled ghost. Panarin has done nothing but cash a bonus. Kane has one goal.

They just don't care enough and I think they're finished caring. Hockey players have no real lives or education or worldly experience through childhood and adolescence because it's all given to playing hockey. Socially speaking, they're all retarded. And I'd bet no one is more socially retarded than Toews. We heard so much about how he's discovering "life beyond hockey," which is apparently just weed. That's fine to go through life caring about nothing in the world but smoking weed, but usually that's a phase you both start and finish during your sophomore year of high school. He's done all there is to do on the ice and can't lead this team anymore. He's banged up, he's bored, he just wants to get high. Seabrook is old and fat, Hossa is old, even Keith is getting old. We've seen all there is to see from these guys. It's over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

This is a surprise, an 8 sweeping a 1 always is, though I will say they've always had it in them to shit the bed like this. For years now, no one has had a higher ceiling with a lower floor than the Blackhawks. Other teams have been better or worse on one end or the other, but no one's had a bigger delta. And we're seeing that now. They've always had the capacity not to care at all. I don't blame roster construction or deployment so much as the lack of production and effort from the people we need to rely on the most. Toews is a pot-addled ghost. Panarin has done nothing but cash a bonus. Kane has one goal.

They just don't care enough and I think they're finished caring. Hockey players have no real lives or education or worldly experience through childhood and adolescence because it's all given to playing hockey. Socially speaking, they're all retarded. And I'd bet no one is more socially retarded than Toews. We heard so much about how he's discovering "life beyond hockey," which is apparently just weed. That's fine to go through life caring about nothing in the world but smoking weed, but usually that's a phase you both start and finish during your sophomore year of high school. He's done all there is to do on the ice and can't lead this team anymore. He's banged up, he's bored, he just wants to get high. Seabrook is old and fat, Hossa is old, even Keith is getting old. We've seen all there is to see from these guys. It's over.

wow you got to be kidding about toews and weed right? he doesnt seem the type or should I say his image doesnt seem the type. I think STL proved last year how to play the hawks in the playoffs and everyone is taking suit. Just hit and beat them up and get them tired. Ana tried that that year the hawks won the cup but i guess they were younger and survived that. but the last 2 years thy've taken a beating.

i was just thinking is toews done as a hawk. he maybe good in the regular season but 2 years in a row it seems like he is a non factor in the playoffs. trade him?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:33 am 

You can't trade him, he's the most expensive player in the entire NHL and he can't score goals. The Hawks need to explore every avenue possible for terminating his contract. He needs to be ended the way Mike Richards was ended. He cannot be on this team anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 am 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
I'm starting to get the feeling you guys aren't big fans of toews

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 am 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
I think the main problem with this team the last few seasons has been the huge contracts given out, seems like other teams have spent their money a lot wiser since toews, Kane, and Keith were signed to those massive extensions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well many hockey teams have the same issue with large contracts. The Penguins here did the same thing with high money to Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury. They were unable to cap manage as well as the Hawks just as other teams could not. The Pens had a long drought from before the Hawks 2010 cup until last year.

One bone I do have to pick with the Hawks is actually tied to their success. They stuck just a little too close to the Detroit plan in choosing players. They never wanted to get/keep the big physical players and the ones they did (Bickell) was very hurtful. Teams that were big like the Kings gave the Hawks fits forever.

It is hard to keep filling in and being right every year. This has been a long run and I am sure sad to see it end but it seems natural.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am as disappointed and shocked as anyone. The team had really good stretches for most of the year, and their young talent brought a fresh air to their play. I loved the mix of players, although I had noted in some of my posts that their defensemen (aside from Hammer) would have persistent lapses. I have been critical of Toews for several years running although not to the degree of CH. I don't believe this is the end of the line for this collection of players despite this terrible series. But if this is the end, or beginning of it, I will have nothing but fond memories. I enjoyed the Hawks as a kid going to Chicago Stadium with my family and listening to Pat Foley on my radio. It damn near killed me to see the franchise so low for so long. I went to Wolves games to get my hockey fix. The interactions at games and on this board have been so much fun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Maybe I am not as hockey smart as the rest of you but I do not feel this is the end of the line. It seems a lot of the kids are good and this experience will help them. And hockey is weird. The Hawks could have easily scored three goals the first game. Had that happened who knows where this series would be now?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am 

a genius wrote:
Maybe I am not as hockey smart as the rest of you but I do not feel this is the end of the line. It seems a lot of the kids are good and this experience will help them. And hockey is weird. The Hawks could have easily scored three goals the first game. Had that happened who knows where this series would be now?

That is what I alluded to with my Pens comparison. It does not have to be over. They just need to be better or luckier at putting the pieces around their core.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am 

The dmen are getting older. Seabrook and Oduya are bad at this point, Keith and Hammer are okay but not what they once were.

The biggest issue is Toews sucks really bad now and the Kane line doesn't have someone who can retrieve pucks sent in deep which doesn't bode well for playoff success.

If you offered me back Saad for Panarin straight up I'd make that deal.

Why Kempny is the odd man out on D, no one knows. The guy is a stud but Q doesn't like him for some reason.

This team will continue to have regular season success but 2015 felt like the last hurrah as a playoff powerhouse.

I believe it's been an end of an era since 2016. I drank the kool aid for a bit this season but that's because my heart forgot to remind my brain that regular season hockey is for the most part pointless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:19 am 

pittmike wrote:
a genius wrote:

That is what I alluded to with my Pens comparison. It does not have to be over. They just need to be better or luckier at putting the pieces around their core.

They don't compare. Crosby's was injured for like 3 years. Toews is just done and he's the most expensive player in hockey.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
pittmike wrote:
a genius wrote:

They don't compare. Crosby's was injured for like 3 years. Toews is just done and he's the most expensive player in hockey.

The Pens were bad since after 2009 until last year. Crosby being hurt was not all that reason. They made similar mistakes always filling holes with old and bad. It wasn't until last year after changing the GM and coach that they brought up a shit load of kids and said roll with them. They made a couple signings and trades but my point is luck and being better at filling holes.

The Hawks were better and luckier up to this point in the cap moves. It appears to me it has caught up with them. They can retool and win another cup yes but the every other year they are just going to is not likely.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am 

The thing that stands out the most is how soft we are. That OT last night, eh. Brutal. Any puck we put in deep the Preds put back out immediately.

We were never a team who hit in the past but we were not soft. Sharp and Saad battled in corners and Toews was strong like an ox on the puck. I miss the days when Toews won every board battle to start or keep possession. He's aging like a dog. He's done. A lot of Hawks fans can't accept it.

Last edited by Hockey Gay on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
New strategy: I'm skipping the rest of the series unless the Hawks win the next 2 games, then maybe I'll watch game 6.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
pittmike wrote:
a genius wrote:

The Pens were bad since after 2009 until last year. Crosby being hurt was not all that reason. They made similar mistakes always filling holes with old and bad. It wasn't until last year after changing the GM and coach that they brought up a shit load of kids and said roll with them. They made a couple signings and trades but my point is luck and being better at filling holes.

The Hawks were better and luckier up to this point in the cap moves. It appears to me it has caught up with them. They can retool and win another cup yes but the every other year they are just going to is not likely.

For sure. The team they put around Crosby and Malkin is great and they did make their mistakes along the way. The difference is Crosby and Malkin never stopped being Crosby and Malkin. Toews is now Marcus Kruger.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
shakes wrote:
New strategy: I'm skipping the rest of the series unless the Hawks win the next 2 games, then maybe I'll watch game 6.

As expected, I fell asleep in the first intermission. I left the tv on. I woke up to see the 2-0 lead. Luckily, I feel asleep until the end of OT. For a brief resting period, I had a warm feeling in my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
The thing that stands out the most is how soft we are. That OT last night, eh. Brutal. Any puck we out in deep the Preds put back out immediately.

We were never a team who hit in the past but we were not soft. Sharp and Saad battled in corners and Toews was strong like an ox on the puck. I miss the days when Toews won every board battle to start or keep possession. He's aging like a dog. He's done. A lot of Hawks fans can't accept it.

I fear you are right. Not much we can do about it though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next