It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Coalfire
This place is filled with Dicaro like bad takes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jackref wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Unprepared thanks for a late march/early April sabbaticle for the entire team. If they lose to Nashville in the 1st round, Quenville has to be fired.

3 Cups in 7 years and you are calling for him to be fired after 1 game in the playoffs. You know you are a meatball when... :lol:

:lol:

You know you missed us jackref

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
What happened to Spaulding? Thought maybe the Hawks would bring her back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks go down in 5 or 6 at this point. The Hawks are elite when it comes to quitting, but haven't done much of it lately. They're due to regress to their no-fuck-giving ways.

HE'S BACK!!! :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
FavreFan wrote:
jackref wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Unprepared thanks for a late march/early April sabbaticle for the entire team. If they lose to Nashville in the 1st round, Quenville has to be fired.

3 Cups in 7 years and you are calling for him to be fired after 1 game in the playoffs. You know you are a meatball when... :lol:

:lol:

You know you missed us jackref

Maybe a couple of ya goofs. Not that Leash guy though. Bad News Naperville that one.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Preds needed that game more than the Hawks did.

Hawks controlled play all night but kept whiffing on shots that would have been great chances. That won't happen all series. Hawks in 6.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
That was one of the most boring playoff games I've seen them play in a long time. Felt like a random Tuesday in December.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The Hawks are going to have to establish some real net front presence in Game 2. It felt like Rinne really wasn't tested with any hard shots. The lone Preds goal came off of a redirect. Hawks need to find those redirects of their own, screen Rinne, and get rebounds.

To further the last point, if you aren't going to screen the goalie, then you better have some odd man rushes sprung by stretch passes. Either that or you better move the puck in the O-zone with quick crisp passes that get the goalie moving side to side. Especially a big goalie like Rinne as once he is down in the butterfly, it takes an effort to kick off the skate to make that side to side move. That lift of the leg to go post to post is how you get a butterfly goalie to open the 5 hole.

Hawks dominated in Corsi, but as I have been arguing for some time, Corsi is a bullshit stat and you can put this game into the pile of evidence reflecting that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
History shows the Hawks always start series like shit. They usually end up 2-2 by game 4 and then dominate games 5 and 6. Their record under Q in games 5 and 6 after a series is tied 2-2 is something insane like 16-1. That single loss being Game 5 vs Anaheim in 2015, but then the Hawks won games 6 and 7 (they nearly won Game 5 as well tying it after being down 2 in the final 2 minutes before the OT loss)

That record is so outside the realm of probability that you have to chalk it up to the fact Q teams always get better as a series progresses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
They will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They played fine. Rinne just had a good night. They carried the play most of the night. Sometimes in hockey effort does not equal wins.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Teams start a series like this against the Hawks pretty often. Oh we will just muck up the neutral zone and we will be victorious. It rarely works out that way. The Hawks adjust then the other team over adjusts and then the neutral zone is back. We have seen this before many times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am 

denisdman wrote:
They played fine. Rinne just had a good night. They carried the play most of the night. Sometimes in hockey effort does not equal wins.

They didn't play fine, the first period was a dumpster fire and the PP at the end was a horse abortion. Rinne didn't even have a good night, I can't recall a single above avg save he made.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:58 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They didn't play fine, the first period was a dumpster fire and the PP at the end was a horse abortion. Rinne didn't even have a good night, I can't recall a single above avg save he made.

They had several solid chances in the early part of the first. Once that goal went in, I thought they deflated a bit. They carried the play the rest of the way. Rinne didn't give up much in the way of rebounds. The Hawks out shot them 29-20, and Nashville blocked 26 of the Hawks attempts, while the Hawks only blocked 12. That means the Hawks were taking a lot more attempts. The Hawks won 56% of the faceoffs.

Unless those stats lie and my eyes are gouged out, I'd say the Hawks played better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am 

denisdman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They had several solid chances in the early part of the first. Once that goal went in, I thought they deflated a bit. They carried the play the rest of the way. Rinne didn't give up much in the way of rebounds. The Hawks out shot them 29-20, and Nashville blocked 26 of the Hawks attempts, while the Hawks only blocked 12. That means the Hawks were taking a lot more attempts. The Hawks won 56% of the faceoffs.

Unless those stats lie and my eyes are gouged out, I'd say the Hawks played better.

I think they did play better. I never said the Perds played well. It was a terrible game to watch. Both teams played like ass.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
That was one of the most boring playoff games I've seen them play in a long time. Felt like a random Tuesday in December.

I flipped over to the capitals/leafs game during intermission and it was unbelievable the difference in play. Both teams were absolutely flying back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:10 am 

It was boring because of the Preds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The Preds are the fucking worst.

Every playoff series involving them is a joyless chore. They need to be banned from postseason play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Q seemed to go full panic mode basically played 8 forwards after the 1st. He got them playing, but every shot or crucial pass was off a leg. Our d-men can't get a shot thru from the point to save their lives. No crease crashing in game 1.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Anisimov had 3-4 chances in front of the net. Non rusty AA finishes at least 1-2 of those.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
A loss tonight, which feels likely at this point, basically wraps up the season. Something is wrong with Toews and Keith, they're either hurt or they quit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
:bounce:

Rasmussen in; Hayden out :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:03 pm 

Ah shit Doc the Dick Emerick. I had to watch the Cubs lose. I am slightly hung over, and now I have to listen to screamy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
1-0 Preds. Does Q get fired if they get swept?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
A loss tonight, which feels likely at this point, basically wraps up the season. Something is wrong with Toews and Keith, they're either hurt or they quit.

Good to have you in playoff form.

I was tired of you being positive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah being a top seed I'm positive they quit on their team.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
This team is an embarrassment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Curious Hair wrote:
This team is an embarrassment.

Yeah, being a top seed is embarrassing.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
A gift of a penalty. Don't fuck this up, now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next