It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Offseason
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: John's
After the 2nd cup the following season they took LA to 7 games in the ECF. And Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabs where stilll playing in their prime. They just didn't have the filler pieces. This is much different. The core is getting old.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Kaner just committed to playing for USA in the World Championships! Looks like I'm not done watching hockey after all this year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:04 pm 

Quote:
“I’m completely disappointed,” Bowman said. “It’s unacceptable to be where we are today. I’m frustrated, I’m angry This was a tough loss for us all to take. Standing here April 22nd is not the way we expected our season to end. It’s a complete failure when you measure it against the expectations we have for ourselves. We did not come even close to reaching the standard that we’e set over the years here, and that’s unacceptable.

“Any successes that we did experience this year are complete overshadowed by the abrupt ending to our season. it’s not close to good enough for anybody, and I think it’s time like now to take a look in the mirror and face facts. When you do that, you look at accountability, and that starts with me. I need to be better, there’s no doubt about it. I’m going to take a look at all things, and I can promise you I will be better. Top to bottom, we need more.

“This is unacceptable to be where we are today. There will be change moving forward. Change comes in many different ways. So, the specifics of how we’re going to change things into next year are not really meant for this forum. But I can promise you we need to be better. Joel (Quenneville) is our head coach. He will continue to be our head coach. And Joel and I are going to work together to make sure this never happens again.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They need to get bigger, stronger, faster and younger. It's that simple.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Unfortunately you can't move anybody.....I didn't know Anisimov even had a No move clause woof.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm 

Darling to Carolina for 3rd round pick

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
RFDC wrote:
Darling to Carolina for 3rd round pick

Does this mean no Crawford trade?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fair return for signing rights.

Quote:
Does this mean no Crawford trade?

obv.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:56 pm 

But it would own if he signed with us after July 1st and then we traded Crawford. Fuck the Hurricanes until the day they relocate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
But it would own if he signed with us after July 1st and then we traded Crawford. Fuck the Hurricanes until the day they relocate.

Bring back the whale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJtiepwpKFw

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm 

Quote:
The Blackhawks have reportedly inked free agent forward David Kampf to an entry-level contract, according to Cap Friendly, who reports it's a two-year deal worth $925,000 per year that includes signing bonuses.

Kampf, 22, set career highs with 15 goals and 16 assists in 52 games this past season for Piráti Chomutov of Czech Extraliga, and also compiled 10 points (three goals and seven assistsin) in 15 playoff games. It's a significant leap from his rookie campaign, when he potted nine goals and four assists in 42 regular season contests, and one point in eight playoff tilts.

Kampf is a 6-foot-2, 192-pound versatile winger who will certainly get a look at training camp this fall as the Blackhawks try to inject more youth and fresh blood into their roster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:59 pm 

4 years 16 million for Darling in Raleigh. Cam Ward and Eddie Lack both to be exposed in expansion draft.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nico Toscani wrote:
4 years 16 million for Darling in Raleigh. Cam Ward and Eddie Lack both to be exposed in expansion draft.

Good for him I guess.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:39 pm 

Doubt either one gets claimed and Darling still has to be Cam Ward's bitch because they won a Stanley Cup with him going on 12 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:04 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Doubt either one gets claimed and Darling still has to be Cam Ward's bitch because they won a Stanley Cup with him going on 12 years ago.

I'd take Lack for the cheap backup for Hawks.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 pm 

Great move by the Stars acquiring Bishop. Niemi says No needs a home.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nico Toscani wrote:
Great move by the Stars acquiring Bishop. Niemi says No needs a home.

Didn't see this post before I posted in the NHL thread, but Dallas could be leaving Niemi unprotected for the expansion draft, so Dallas may be wise to wait until then, seeing h has one year left on his deal at 4.5 milldo. They may also shop Lehtonen, who only has a limited no trade, makes 6 mil and sucks balls.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Panik signed 2 years at AAV of $2.8MM

Solid signing of a 20 goal scorer

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panik signed 2 years at AAV of $2.8MM

Solid signing of a 20 goal scorer

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/05 ... hawks.html

Good value...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 pm 

Okay, fine, whatever. Now to trade Panarin.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Okay, fine, whatever. Now to trade Panarin.

This is your desire? I thought you said last week you wanted to get rid of Anisemov for young guys?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:24 pm 

No, I would trade Panarin for a defenseman and roll the dice on plugging in DeBrincat to replicate that little-winger-with-Kane production. Can't spend $6MM on a playoff ghost. Maybe Anisimov has to go, too, I don't know. Canada picked the wrong week to stop having a strong economy.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
No, I would trade Panarin for a defenseman and roll the dice on plugging in DeBrincat to replicate that little-winger-with-Kane production. Can't spend $6MM on a playoff ghost. Maybe Anisimov has to go, too, I don't know. Canada picked the wrong week to stop having a strong economy.

These 3 are gonna get traded:

Kruger
AA
Bread Man

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:09 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Kruger
AA
Bread Man

Kruger or TVR probably get picked up by Vegas in expansion draft. AA has an NMC :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:57 am 

Nico Toscani wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Kruger
AA
Bread Man

Kruger or TVR probably get picked up by Vegas in expansion draft. AA has an NMC :lol: :oops:

With the Panik signing at mid $2 range, something tells me they have an under the table deal for both Kruger and TVR going there.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Something called Jeremy Colliton is now the head coach in Rockford.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Something called Jeremy Colliton is now the head coach in Rockford.

Looks like he spent six (!) years bouncing between Long Island and Bridgeport, then four years coaching in the #2 Swedish league. Who knows? Jon Cooper rose from obscurity, but he was A LAWYER. This guy is just some hoser who couldn't crack the National.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:56 pm 

From https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/chicago-blackhawks

There are few certainties around the league but something that is seemingly becoming an annual tradition is the Blackhawks making moves to tap dance under the NHL’s salary cap. There have been no shortage of casualties over the years – Dustin Byfuglien, Brandon Saad, Patrick Sharp, and Andrew Ladd are among the many that have had to go elsewhere – and as Chris Hine of the Chicago Tribune notes, center Artem Anisimov is a candidate to join that ever-growing list.

In a breakdown of which teams could be potential trade partners for Chicago, Hine states that Anisimov has been rumored to be on the trade block despite his strong production and reasonable contract.

Anisimov has four years remaining on his contract with a cap hit of $4.55MM, not exactly a premium price for a second line pivot nowadays. Worth noting, he joined Chicago as part of the Saad deal as a cheaper top six forward, signing his current deal immediately after the trade.

Despite missing 18 games due to various injuries (including a lower body issue that caused him to miss the final 13 regular season contests), he set a career high in points last season with 45. It marked the second straight year that he hit the 40 point plateau after only reaching that mark just once in his first six seasons.

Based on that alone, it would seem like a no-brainer for GM Stan Bowman to want to keep him around. However, they already have over $76MM in payroll committed for next season per CapFriendly while they still to re-sign a few players in defenseman Michal Kempny, winger Tomas Jurco, and center Dennis Rasmussen. The salary cap isn’t expected to go up much beyond the $73MM upper limit from this season so some cuts will need to be made.

Hine adds that the team believes they may be able to use Nick Schmaltz or Tanner Kero in Anisimov’s second line spot which would free the team up to move the soon-to-be 29 year old. Schmaltz just wrapped up his first professional season, recording 28 points (6-22-28) in 61 games while Kero split the season between the NHL and AHL, recording 16 points (6-10-16) in 47 NHL contests. Both players have two years remaining on their contracts with cap hits of $925K and $750K, respectively.

The Blackhawks have been forced to make cost-cutting moves in the past and for the most part have been able to land a quality return. At a time where there are few top six centers available, Bowman could be poised to capitalize on a sellers’ market and bring in some more quality youngsters into the organization, freeing up a sizable chunk of cap space in the process.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 am 

Kempny back 1 year $900,000

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:05 pm 

New leak of Hawks_Vegas deal.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/maj ... s/?ref=seb

Well, it appears some information has been leaked as Frank Seravalli is reporting the deal wouldn’t be 100% done, but the Blackhawks would allow Las Vegas Golden Knights to take defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk in draft, on consideration that they also take Marcus Kruger in trade. Seravalli added that it is also possible it can be flipped: VGK takes Kruger in consideration for also getting TvR. Either way, those two names have been linked to Vegas.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next