It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 Offseason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Jagr says no one has called him. Guy still puts up points. Could Blackhawks become interested?

Columbus bought out Scott Hartnell today. 35 yrs old, 13G 24A in 78 games with CLB. Could be an option if the price is right.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Reports are Sharp will sign for under $1 million, expected to take a 3rd line role

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:10 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Reports are Sharp will sign for under $1 million, expected to take a 3rd line role

I'm fine with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:12 pm 

Can't verify this guy's accuracy but...

John Jaeckel‏
@jaeckel
Follow
More
Replying to @jaywp1 @JayZawaski670
Also heard minor trades possible involving John Moore (NJ) and/or Jon Merrill (VGK) possible. Timing not specified.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Can't verify this guy's accuracy but...

John Jaeckel‏
@jaeckel
Follow
More
Replying to @jaywp1 @JayZawaski670
Also heard minor trades possible involving John Moore (NJ) and/or Jon Merrill (VGK) possible. Timing not specified.

Ignore Jaeckel, he writes for Hockey Buzz, which is Eklund's site. They are shit.

You can verify Sharp news from real hockey guys like Bob McKenzie of TSN.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 pm 

Tribune now confirming the Sharp news.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tribune now confirming the Sharp news.

Not sure how to feel. If he is half of what he was, I guess it is ok. But what players development is he impeding?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hide yo wives

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
What were Sharp's injury and surgery again last year? He only played 48 games and stunk.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
If this doesn't bring Spaulding back, nothing will.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 am 

pittmike wrote:
What were Sharp's injury and surgery again last year? He only played 48 games and stunk.

Hip and concussion. This could go very poorly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It could, but it's a low financial risk.

Also just heard that Wingels is on his way here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It could, but it's a low financial risk.

Also just heard that Wingels is on his way here.

Wingels from the Preds? He was okay in playoffs.

Edit: I meant Sens.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:23 am 

Nico Toscani wrote:
So there's still rumors out there with Bowman shedding the Hossa salary. I'd rather see Sam Gagner then Sharp and would love it if the Karl Alzner rumor came to fruition...

Gagner going to the Canucks for over $3m per year.

Alzner going to Canadiens according to McKenzie.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:08 pm 

"Karl Alzner," wasn't he tried at Nuremberg?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kruger traded to Las Vegas for future considerations.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:25 pm 

So we basically put our best defensive forward on waivers. This team is going to be a turnstile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I am gonna guess, when the Hossa issue is is resolved that some trades might happen. But my question would be, with what ammo?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am 

Las Vegas wouldn't make the trade until we paid Kruger's $2MM signing bonus on July 1st, so we're paying real dollars to dump a cap hit for nothing in return but George McPhee being a good guy who will buy drinks. If nothing else, maybe this will shut up the dorks who think the Blackhawks are constantly getting away with stuff. All we got on this was a sore ass.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Curious Hair wrote:
Las Vegas wouldn't make the trade until we paid Kruger's $2MM signing bonus on July 1st, so we're paying real dollars to dump a cap hit for nothing in return but George McPhee being a good guy who will buy drinks. If nothing else, maybe this will shut up the dorks who think the Blackhawks are constantly getting away with stuff. All we got on this was a sore ass.

Kruger will probably be moved again shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:39 pm 

Cap hit of $3,083,333 with real salary of $1,475,000? BAH GAWD, KING, IS THAT THE PHOENIX COYOTES' MUSIC???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Radulov to Dallas lol. I think that's a buyout in a year or two. Jaeckel lol I know back on the Arty for Galchenyuk trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
isn't Dallas in a win now/year or two mode? Bishop in goal should help their chances. But the Preds getting Bonino makes Preds favorites to win the Western conf, prolly even the Cup in 2018. Despite losing Neal in the expansion draft.

Penguins are in such shambles they signed Niemi to back up Murray? Daayum. I guess as long as Pitt has Sid/Malkin/Letang they'll be competitive in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:14 pm 

holy shit legitimately thought you died in February

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:24 pm 

Anyway, if the Predators are a favorite in the West, they can't be a prohibitive one. Bonino/Neal is a lateral move, Fartsmell is just about done, and if Pekka Rinne finally hits the attrition point like his injury history and mileage suggest he should, they won't have the goaltending they need to go deep. If Edmonton can nail down Draisaitl I'm inclined to go with them. Anaheim plays the game of NHL life on easy mode, so they always have a good shot too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm 

Rumblings about Anismov to the Habs for one of their younger forwards.

As for Pens the fans here are learning fast what happens when you win and it is time for guys to make money.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:10 pm 

These Penguins teams came together through a lot of ridiculous trades. I still don't know how they did it.

Trevor Daley for Rob Scuderi
Carl Hagelin for David Perron
Nick Bonino for Brandon Sutter
Ian Cole for Robert Bortuzzo
Justin Schultz for a 3rd
Phil Kessel for Kasperi Kapanen

That's video-game-cheat-code levels of trade imbalance. It couldn't last.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 pm 

Preds see 5'11", 22 year old Juuse Saros as the future in net--could be similar to where Crawford was in 2008/09, still a year or two away from taking the full-time job--or not. Tho Crawford was already 25 in '09. More likely the Preds will need an actual, NHL ready back up if they want Rinne not to fall apart in another deep playoff run.

Nashvegas signed up a couple 6'6" backups for the Rinne/Saros tandem. Anders Lindback and Matt O'Connor.

Either the Wings want too much for Petr Mrazek or the league as a whole is passing on the 6'1" 25 year old who had been pegged as the future for Detroit in goal--until last month when the Wings decided to expose Mrazek instead of drunk Jimmy Howard in the expansion draft. Signaling to Mrazek that he's no longer #1 in the collective mind of the Red Wings front-office. And then Vegas decided to take perennial prospect and Calder Cup champ Tomas Nosek,a 6'2" 210 24 year old "defensive" forward, leaving the Wings with a cheesed-off Mrazek to deal with.

Wings defense hasn't been great in recent seasons, since Lidstrom retired. But they and Nashville were pretty similar in SOG allowed last season. Maybe Nashville has some depth in defense prospects they'd be willing to ship north to Detroit for Mrazek. Wings desperate for defense.

Yeah, the Preds chances of repping the Western conf in the Cup depend on Rinne being healthy and in goal. The deep playoff run, deepest for Subban in his career, ought to pay playoff dividends for the Preds should they keep it together to make another run at the Cup in 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Rumblings about Anismov to the Habs for one of their younger forwards.

As for Pens the fans here are learning fast what happens when you win and it is time for guys to make money.

Austin Lemieux back in camp for the Penguins. Apparently naming your kid "Austin", Austin Rivers is another, is not overly recommended if you want the kid to follow in your footsteps in pro sports.

I dunno, I'm dating a Nashville girl, so I was pulling for the Preds in the Cup. But the way Crosby was playing was something special, fo sho. Facilitating way more than netting his own goals; but just owning the ice any time he was on it. Maybe Crosby's making some of these guys look better than they actually are. Btw Crosby's play in the World Cup of Hockey last Summer and this Stanley cup run, it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with, he elevates their game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
holy shit legitimately thought you died in February

Not far off, being hooked on smack is basically a living death. I'm off it now, but it was a painful process to detox/withdraw. Even after mere months
on the junk.

Tried to hike the southern portion of the Appalachian trail last Fall. Could only hike back and forth in the relatively short
Northern Georgia portion of the AT.

Due to wildfires and drought, kept getting kicked off the Trail and ended up hanging out with a girl from Tennessee.

Tennessee girl has substance abuse issues, specifically, opiates ("Opanas" and then street heroin when the Opanas dried up); which I discovered is rampant from about Mid-Central-Southern Ohio (Columbus) down to Charlotte, NC and west to Memphis, passing through Nashville and snaring most
decent sized cities in btw. Including Indy, Cincy, et al.

The over-prescribing of Oxycontin in the late 90's and into and throughout the last decade softened up these smaller cities for various heretofore under-the-radar mexican drug gangs to move black-tar heroin. The Xalisco boys (named after the small town in NW Mexico most of the first-wave of driver-pushers came from) use a Domino's pizza style heroin delivery system that stresses customer service and is aggressive about signing up new heroin junkies looking to move off of expensive and increasingly difficult to find opiate pills.

anyhow, cut to a few months into this relationship, and I come down with a case of shingles. Shingles! Who gets Shingles anymore?!? And the girl
suggests I try some heroin as a palliative for my Shingles-related pain....eventually snorting street heroin for pain turned into she and i using it for fun, which, honestly, isn't that much fun with a girl. Yayo, now that's a drug that enhances male-female relationships. Heroin? Not at all good for the bang-bang fun.

Back home away from the girl and her supply of H, I find myself going south of 8 mile to score heroin from Detroit street dealers and after a couple months of that, decided I needed to kick. Took me 3 tries at kicking/detoxing/suffering the god-awful, insomnia and pain all over/existential hell that is opiate withdrawal, but eventually got through it.

this stuff definitely helps:

http://www.kvrr.com/2017/06/27/kratom-s ... nt-banned/

http://samquinones.com/reporters-blog/2 ... hern-ohio/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next