It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It was probably vaccines that caused it.

If he would only go to a chiropractor
:lol:

Deep breathing will solve his issues.

He just needs to try some Himalayan salt lamps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
One of the best players of his era, a surefire Hall of Famer, and we don't have any championships without him.

I will always remember how well he could hold the puck in traffic. Oh and that one time they were giving him some award on the ice at the UC, and his wife looked liked she wanted nothing to do with him. I bet he was in the dog house at home or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
My favorite Hawk of the current era by far. I got a little emotional when I heard about it this morning.

They're calling it this season, but once the cap space gets reallocated, there's no coming back...even if he did figure this out.

What a joy it's been to watch him play the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
GoldenJet wrote:
My favorite Hawk of the current era by far. I got a little emotional when I heard about it this morning.

They're calling it this season, but once the cap space gets reallocated, there's no coming back...even if he did figure this out.

What a joy it's been to watch him play the game.

I thought he COULD come back if he choose to, but it would completely fuck over the hawks and would accelerate the entire cap hit to the year he came back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:57 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He could come back, and it wouldn't "accelerate" anything. I think you're conflating LTIRetirement and recapture.

Let me just say, fuck that useless pothead Jonathan Toews for what he did. The Western Conference was wide open this year, as evidenced by an 8 seed with piss-on-a-platter forward depth winning it. If Captain Cannabis didn't nap through the first four periods of the Nashville series and give off the idea that all his team had to do was exist, there's a damn good chance the Hawks are in the Final. We could have sent one of the best off with a fourth championship if our captain could have gotten himself and the players he's nominally responsible for to care, but he wouldn't do it. The wrong guy is covered in allegedly life-threatening rashes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm sorry for your guys' loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:

No you're not.

His number eventually hangs in the rafters, yes?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No you're not.

Yes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:09 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No you're not.

Yes

Along with 2, 7, 19, and 88

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I absolutely love that a thread about hossa retiring with a terrible health condition gives hair a forum to bitch about toews. Thats delightful.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Curious Hair wrote:
He could come back, and it wouldn't "accelerate" anything. I think you're conflating LTIRetirement and recapture.

<*Burn Toews Burn*>

I conflate many things each day. So Hossa could go on LTIR and come back in a year with no cap punishment to the hawks? Seems like they would get pounded for circumvention.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 am 

This doesn't pass the smell test, the first year he is set to be severely underpaid he has a rash.

Great player, great career, will miss watching him and really hope this is cap circumvention and he has a long and happy retirement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Yeah, "my guy" texted me a few days ago hinting at this....sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No you're not.

Yes

2: definitely
88: definitely
19: sigh, definitely, but at the rate he's declining I'd sooner honor his number on United Center doormats
7: ehhhh probably not without a split with Chelios, whom Kane has still not passed for greatest American hockey player whether you like it or not
4: won't be retired but in the final analysis I think you could end up saying it ought to be
50: Ibid.
10: nope

The only real case against retiring 81 is that he's the only core player not to be drafted and developed: he was already a superstar in his own right from his years in Ottawa and his Atlanta/Pittsburgh/Detroit scoring prime. He eventually did play more games as a Blackhawk than he did as a Senator, but never crossed the >50% threshold. As key as he was to the great turnaround, it would be a little unusual for an established free agent signing to ascend to retired-number status. But then there's nothing usual about Marian Hossa.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No you're not.

Yes

Along with 2, 7, 19, and 88

How dare you suggest that the Blackhawks would bestow such an honor on an accused-without-real-evidence-but-still-presumed-guilty-because-SJW-feefees rapist!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:50 am 

Darkside wrote:
I absolutely love that a thread about hossa retiring with a terrible health condition gives hair a forum to bitch about toews. Thats delightful.

:lol: his hate for a great player runs deep....so deep

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am 

RFDC wrote:
Darkside wrote:

:lol: his hate for a great player runs deep....so deep

Not a great player. He use to be a good player though. CH has every right to hate him now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 am 

2008-2014 Toews was a phenomenal player. Accrued injuries, a bloated contract, and a 15-year-old's love affair with weed ended his meaningful career.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:
He's allergic to his jock strap. Stan, you did it again!

I suffer from the same allergy, in hockey terms its called "the guck". I started breaking out in high school and it got so bad my eye closed up from the rash. From then on I started wearing long underwear covering me from neck to toe so no equipment would touch my skin. It worked as I no longer get breakouts, but there's been a couple times when the rash started to come in a bit so I would imagine that playing 6 days a week would cause even more breakouts than I experienced playing 4x a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am 

Cashman wrote:
http://www.lockerroomdoctor.com/the-gunk-a-virulent-oozing-rash/

Got this from another message board.

yep, that's it.

It's pretty bad when you have it, but I've always found it easy to control with under armor. But like I said, might be worse for Hossa skating every day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Not a great player. He use to be a good player though. CH has every right to hate him now.

not when it comes to shitting on his career achievements for the team he doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I suffer from the same allergy, in hockey terms its called "the guck". I started breaking out in high school and it got so bad my eye closed up from the rash. From then on I started wearing long underwear covering me from neck to toe so no equipment would touch my skin. It worked as I no longer get breakouts, but there's been a couple times when the rash started to come in a bit so I would imagine that playing 6 days a week would cause even more breakouts than I experienced playing 4x a week.

Shakes,

Is it the sweat in the equipment that rubs on your, that irritates it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Darkside wrote:

The fact that the sun rose today gives him a forum to bitch about Toews. I figure that he spends any time he is alone in the car muttering and bitching about Toews.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm 

Cashman wrote:
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Shakes,

The sweat gets into the equipment and a bacteria develops in the equipment and then when the equipment interacts with the sweat and heat from the body it becomes a nice bacteria stew.

It's been a thing in hockey circles ever since I can remember and I'm sure long before that as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm 

shakes wrote:
Cashman wrote:
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Shakes,

The sweat gets into the equipment and a bacteria develops in the equipment and then when the equipment interacts with the sweat and heat from the body it becomes a nice bacteria stew.

It's been a thing in hockey circles ever since I can remember and I'm sure long before that as well.

Staph bacteria finds a home in the moisture build-up of hockey equipment. It's one of the reasons hockey gear develops such an awful odor.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
TurdFerguson wrote:
This doesn't pass the smell test, the first year he is set to be severely underpaid he has a rash.

Great player, great career, will miss watching him and really hope this is cap circumvention and he has a long and happy retirement.

I can see Hossa saying I'm not putting myself through this shit for only 1 million a year but I don't think he nor the Blackhawks are jaking this .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
shakes wrote:
Cashman wrote:
shakes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Shakes,

Staph bacteria finds a home in the moisture build-up of hockey equipment. It's one of the reasons hockey gear develops such an awful odor.

I once developed a rash on my forearm that required some topicals, but otherwise, played heavily from 5-18 with only that. And the smell. I can't imagine having to hang them up because of this. It'd be so painful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
shakes wrote:
Cashman wrote:
http://www.lockerroomdoctor.com/the-gunk-a-virulent-oozing-rash/

Got this from another message board.

yep, that's it.

It's pretty bad when you have it, but I've always found it easy to control with under armor. But like I said, might be worse for Hossa skating every day.

This is exactly why I'm always riding my son's ass about his equipment. My wife and I are the only ones that seem to think this is possible and try to get his stuff washed with amonia once a week....yes...that and wearing under armour. His mother is not to be bothered to help wash his stuff. Drives me nuts.

Even with him not being the player we once was, Hossa always brings it and is a great 2-way player. I see far less "I-don't-give-a-shit-itis" from him compared to most of the others on the team. I will miss him terribly.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am 

If you're a hockey player making millions of dollars per season, wouldn't you be replacing your gear very frequently to prevent these types of skin infections? Hell, I would even have it negotiated in my contract that the team picks up any of these expenses.

Rub some aloe on it and get back on the ice you pussy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 am 

Douchebag wrote:
If you're a hockey player making millions of dollars per season, wouldn't you be replacing your gear very frequently to prevent these types of skin infections? Hell, I would even have it negotiated in my contract that the team picks up any of these expenses.

Provisions like those are banned by the collective bargaining agreement; all player contracts are standardized.