It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I'm confident the Mecca will outlive not only the soon to be a parking lot BC but also the Flinstones rack of dinosaur ribs on the car looking Foxxconn Center or whatever the hell they are calling that thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Rockford broke serve in the first game of the playoffs last night, now playing the Wolves again in an hour (!?) back home. The lesser Sikura and Clendening got the goals, Delia went 31/32 and did not have to be replaced by a civilian with 10 minutes to go.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 pm 

Another win today, 5-2 at home. Two assists for the always-bears-watching Ejdsell, goals from Johnson and Highmore, and an empty-netter from Lance Bouma, who is apparently on assignment with this team and not banished to the cornfield like I thought he was. I guess Rockford is sort of near cornfields. Kinda disappointed they didn't/couldn't boot Hinostroza back to Rockford for their playoffs. Maybe he ran out of waiver exemption, maybe it seemed like a dick move after he proved himself so well this year, but he would have been quite a nice ringer.

One more win (Calder Cup only plays best of five in the first round) and the prospects will play the winner of Grand Rapids (Red Wings) and Manitoba (Jets). It would be nice, is all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:39 am 

Rockford sweeps the Wolves, Hartman trade return Ejdsell scored the series-winner in triple overtime. Game 5 of Moose-Griffins on Monday night and then we'll -- or I'll, I guess I'm the only one who cares -- see how the second round goes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Curious Hair wrote:
Rockford sweeps the Wolves, Hartman trade return Ejdsell scored the series-winner in triple overtime. Game 5 of Moose-Griffins on Monday night and then we'll -- or I'll, I guess I'm the only one who cares -- see how the second round goes.

Eh, I'll head out for a second round game or two, or might even use the antenna to get the Rockford feed on TV.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 pm 

Rockford sweeps the Moose, now 7-0 in the playoffs and on to the third round for the first time (maybe they got that far as the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, I don't know, no one does). Looks like it'll be the Stars' suburban-Austin-based affiliate in the Western final if they score in sudden death to beat Tucson. Not sure whether I can justify driving/paying for AHL playoff hockey right now but I hope other people can. This might end up being a nice consolation prize on this terrible season!

EDIT: Texas Stars won, Rockford and Austin, together at last

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Curious Hair wrote:
Rockford sweeps the Moose, now 7-0 in the playoffs and on to the third round for the first time (maybe they got that far as the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, I don't know, no one does). Looks like it'll be the Stars' suburban-Austin-based affiliate in the Western final if they score in sudden death to beat Tucson. Not sure whether I can justify driving/paying for AHL playoff hockey right now but I hope other people can. This might end up being a nice consolation prize on this terrible season!

EDIT: Texas Stars won, Rockford and Austin, together at last

Where does Austin play? I have to be down there for work on the 21st.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:11 pm 

Cedar Park, about 25 miles north. Great place for AHL hockey! An exurb of a southwestern city whose only close opponent is 100 miles away.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:44 am 

Well, they lost in six after dropping the first three, kind of a bummer but it was good seasoning for Ejdsell, Kampf, and Delia, I guess. Delia in particular has apparently come a long way since I saw him in person, freshly called up from Indianapolis and looking only slightly less panicked in net than I would. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a fair crack at the backup job if we can't catch Darling off a buyout. I've seen all the Anton Forsberg I need to see, haven't you?

Apparently my guy John Hayden was a ghost all through the postseason. That's not good at all. If he can't distinguish himself in the American league, I don't see any reason to keep a roster spot warm for him on the Hawks. The Hurricanes have finally realized that you can't win with a bunch of mopey flyweights, but are also stupid, so maybe we can send them Hayden and get back more than we deserve.