It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Duck @ Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Stage 3...that's cutting it pretty close. I hope they get it all out of him.

Nice 1st.

Stage 3 is less than ideal. :cry:

Yep, the husband of one of my friends was diagnosed a couple of months later than Edzo. He's finished 2 of 12 chemo sessions.

13 years ago, one of my cousins was diagnosed with Stage Four colon, ovarian, and liver cancer. Eight hours of surgery, two years off of work. She picked up leukemia as a side effect from all the treatments about four years ago, but manages it with a daily mini-chemo pill. She just retired three weeks ago after 43 years of nursing, she did ER for more than 25 years before she got sick.

So Stage Three is less than ideal, but it's no longer a death sentence for many kinds of cancer.

yeah, even today Eddie O has better than 50/50 odds of beating it. 25 years ago state 3 probably is a death sentence.

Heck that cousin who is still alive 13 years after a Stage 4 diagnosis says it all. That would've been a death sentence with maybe 18 months to live just a generation ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:39 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
HEY EDZO HOW ABOUT THAT ALEX DEBRINCAT, WHO PLAYED HIS JUNIOR HOCKEY WITH THE ERIE OTTERS OF THE ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE, BIG NIGHT FOR THE LITTLE KID, IMAGINE HOW MUCH BETTER HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IF HE WERE A COUPLE INCHES TALLER, HUH EDZO, ONE OF THOSE NICE BIG BOYS ON THE L.A. KINGS, OHHH, NICE BIG MEATY BOYS OUT WEST THERE, EDZO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
HEY EDZO HOW ABOUT THAT ALEX DEBRINCAT, WHO PLAYED HIS JUNIOR HOCKEY WITH THE ERIE OTTERS OF THE ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE, BIG NIGHT FOR THE LITTLE KID, IMAGINE HOW MUCH BETTER HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IF HE WERE A COUPLE INCHES TALLER, HUH EDZO, ONE OF THOSE NICE BIG BOYS ON THE L.A. KINGS, OHHH, NICE BIG MEATY BOYS OUT WEST THERE, EDZO

I'll bet he spends every game hoping a puck will go astray and nail Pierre right on the side of the head. :lol: