It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
We make a lot of jokes here about guys listening to radio shows they hate, but what kind of maniac attempts to fashion a career out of writing about a team and sport he hates?

Frank

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
We make a lot of jokes here about guys listening to radio shows they hate, but what kind of maniac attempts to fashion a career out of writing about a team and sport he hates?

They don't hate the sport. They hate how the NHL is run. This topic has been addressed on their podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
[color=#FF8000][/color]
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They don't hate the sport. They hate how the NHL is run. This topic has been addressed on their podcast.

That's a fine line. So they like hockey but hate its most important league? Maybe they should cover rat hockey instead. They could interview shakes if he meets their moral standards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Loving hockey but hating the NHL is extremely common among hockey fans. I know that's how I feel. I don't take it quite to the extreme that Fels and his pals do, where I scream "THIS LEAGUE IS AN EPIC DUMPSTER FIRE THAT WANTS TO RAPE WOMEN!!!!" every time the Kings use a picture of Drew Doughty for anything, but I have a lot of problems with the league, particularly with business operations but the on-ice stuff as well at times. More than the other three leagues, there are a lot of idiots in charge, and it's frustrating. Being an NHL fan is kind of like living in Rockford: you hate it and talk about how terrible it is, but when someone else does the same, you spin around and defend it relentlessly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Fels etc should just go away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[color=#FF8000][/color]
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's a fine line. So they like hockey but hate its most important league? Maybe they should cover rat hockey instead. They could interview shakes if he meets their moral standards.

A lot of it is hyperbole and shtick. Like Bernstein, I just ignore them when they get too sanctimonious.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Loving hockey but hating the NHL is extremely common among hockey fans. I know that's how I feel. I don't take it quite to the extreme that Fels and his pals do, where I scream "THIS LEAGUE IS AN EPIC DUMPSTER FIRE THAT WANTS TO RAPE WOMEN!!!!" every time the Kings use a picture of Drew Doughty for anything, but I have a lot of problems with the league, particularly with business operations but the on-ice stuff as well at times. More than the other three leagues, there are a lot of idiots in charge, and it's frustrating. Being an NHL fan is kind of like living in Rockford: you hate it and talk about how terrible it is, but when someone else does the same, you spin around and defend it relentlessly.

I find that to be an odd stance. I guess I could see it from someone who plays the game him or herself and simply isn't interested in professional hockey. But how does one like hockey while not liking its highest level?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Forget Faxes.

Listen to The Blackhawks Rinkcast. Hosted by Puckin Hostile and John Jaeckel from The-Rink.com

Excellent insight every week and no sanctimonious BS that Faxes spews.

Best Blackhawks podcast out there; used to listen to Zawaski's, caught Puckin Hostile's and never went back to Jay Z.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:41 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Forget Faxes.

Listen to The Blackhawks Rinkcast. Hosted by Puckin Hostile and John Jaeckel from The-Rink.com

Best Blackhawks podcast out there; used to listen to Zawaski's, caught Puckin Hostile's and never went back to Jay Z.

I listened to a few of them but they didn't do much for me. Was this the one where they talked for 20 minutes about what jerseys they were going to buy at the Aurora outlet mall? That was brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Forget Faxes.

I listened to a few of them but they didn't do much for me. Was this the one where they talked for 20 minutes about what jerseys they were going to buy at the Aurora outlet mall? That was brutal.

That was the old Puckin Hostile podcast with the multiple co-hosts. They've dropped a lot of the sound drops and bring in people to talk about the prospects in the Hawks systems. I like that they mostly stick to hockey, with a little music thrown in, and don't do the Faxes PC bs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But how does one like hockey while not liking its highest level?

You watch lots of NHL games but complain that every zone entry has to be turned into the Zapruder film, or lament that a team exists in Phoenix only to warehouse other teams' bad contracts and keep payroll down for the Boston Bruins. It's always been a crooked league with bad ideas, but hockey itself is a joy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FrankDrebin wrote:
Forget Faxes.

solid podcast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FrankDrebin wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Forget Faxes.

That was the old Puckin Hostile podcast with the multiple co-hosts. They've dropped a lot of the sound drops and bring in people to talk about the prospects in the Hawks systems. I like that they mostly stick to hockey, with a little music thrown in, and don't do the Faxes PC bs.

^This, it became a much better podcast when they retired the "Shoutcast" and replaced it with their current pod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
DAC wrote:
Thoroughly enjoy their podcast every week. Easily the best analysis out there. Love their snark. I would pay a lesser amount to support them since I have gotten a lot of entertainment from them over the years but $60 a year is too much.

UR A FUCKING genius!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Fels is butthurt that Goff is gone. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Exile on Route 41 wrote:

Why would a hockey fan be upset that a guy who hated hockey is off the air?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Exile on Route 41 wrote:

Because Jason gave Sam guest spots to talk about how much he hates the Blackhawks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Exile on Route 41 wrote:

Because Jason gave Sam guest spots to talk about how much he hates the Blackhawks.

That's exactly the thing DeCastro just eliminated. There's a very limited audience for sports talk by guys who hate sports. And if you're going to do that type of radio, I would suggest contacting Bernie Lincicome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Exile on Route 41 wrote:

That's exactly the thing DeCastro just eliminated. There's a very limited audience for sports talk by guys who hate sports. And if you're going to do that type of radio, I would suggest contacting Bernie Lincicome.

Air time for guys who call a player "Garbage-Dick" is not exactly the analysis I am looking for. Know your audience and don't be a condescending douche and you might get the opportunity to be taken seriously. Win with your argument not smug snarkiness.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

Last edited by Harvard Dan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
Thoroughly enjoy their podcast every week. Easily the best analysis out there. Love their snark. I would pay a lesser amount to support them since I have gotten a lot of entertainment from them over the years but $60 a year is too much.

UR A FUCKING genius!

:lol: :lol:

You're pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 am 

Here's a puzzling post about Pat Foley's shitty attitude down the stretch. https://faxesfromuncledale.com/pat-fole ... -your-job/

Quote:
For the past few months, you can hear the laments out of Foley’s voice several times per game. And hey, part of the job is calling out mistakes and bad plays. We don’t want a cheerleader either. But it’s gone way beyond that. It’s as if the entire team offends Foley’s sensibilities and is beneath him, which doesn’t make the viewing experience any better. Which has only led to longing for more neanderthalic aspects, like hit stats or fighting. If it’s beneath you, Pat, then why are we here? Are you above us, too?

HOLY SHIT. You're the same people who bitched about Foley being too enthusiastic about the team because you said he was just following orders from the sinister mastermind John McDonough. Now he hates seeing the Hawks suck like the rest of us and that's the wrong thing to do? And this from the people who definitely see everyone else in the hockey world as beneath them. And given that you hate the Blackhawks and their fans for not posting about black people on Twitter enough for you, Twitter being the only thing on this planet that gives anyone at that site a pulse, why are you here?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Here's a puzzling post about Pat Foley's shitty attitude down the stretch. https://faxesfromuncledale.com/pat-fole ... -your-job/

Quote:
For the past few months, you can hear the laments out of Foley’s voice several times per game. And hey, part of the job is calling out mistakes and bad plays. We don’t want a cheerleader either. But it’s gone way beyond that. It’s as if the entire team offends Foley’s sensibilities and is beneath him, which doesn’t make the viewing experience any better. Which has only led to longing for more neanderthalic aspects, like hit stats or fighting. If it’s beneath you, Pat, then why are we here? Are you above us, too?

HOLY SHIT. You're the same people who bitched about Foley being too enthusiastic about the team because you said he was just following orders from the sinister mastermind John McDonough. Now he hates seeing the Hawks suck like the rest of us and that's the wrong thing to do? And this from the people who definitely see everyone else in the hockey world as beneath them. And given that you hate the Blackhawks and their fans for not posting about black people on Twitter enough for you, Twitter being the only thing on this planet that gives anyone at that site a pulse, why are you here?

No, no, no, who you crappin'?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 am 

Life imitating Bernstein imitates art imitating Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:12 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

No, no, no, who you crappin'?

Listened to their podcast today and after complaining about Pat Foley some more, they outed him and giggled that they were going to hell. Jason Goff will live on in all our hearts, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Outed him?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:09 pm 

https://faxesfromuncledale.com/lets-dis ... hings-mcd/

Quote:
Perhaps in ten years McDonough has taken time out from telling everyone what a great job he’s done or slathering himself in his own praise while presiding over one of the more born-on-third organizations in sports to get some connections and plug himself in a bit more to actual hockey goings-on. But I wouldn’t be so sure. Remember his presidency of the Cubs wasn’t even two years and all he did there was open the checkbook for Jim Hendry and his barrel to prepare for the sale of the team. This isn’t a man with a “grand plan.”

Yes, the famously born-on-third Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Club, which in 2007 was close to being surrendered to the league office because Dollar Bill had destroyed nearly every revenue stream and finally couldn't afford to float them with Judge & Dolph money anymore. They really think John McDonough just kicked up his feet and let Toews and Kane win games, ignoring that he had to force the Blackhawks down people's throats those first few years and call in just about every favor around town from his Cubs years to get buzz around the team. Make no mistake, it never would have worked if the players didn't win, but the Blackhawks renaissance was a top-to-bottom effort.

I don't know where their allegiances lie anymore. Well, maybe I do. Let's go down the line: they hate ownership, which is natural, billionaires are generally malevolent and not to be trusted. They hate the executives, because that's who covers up The Truth About Patrick Kane. They don't seem to care for management, either; at best they barely tolerate the Bowmans but think they're not vigilant enough about concussions and don't do enough analytics. They hate the players,, especially Canadian players, and especially white Canadians, who they routinely call rapists, alcoholics, and 8th-grade dropouts. They don't care for most reporters and they probably hate fans most of all.

So the only people they really like are P.K. Subban and people who post on Twitter. That's basically who all of this is for now.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:37 pm 

On this week's podcast McClure could only suggest the Hawks trade the #8 pick since he didn't know anyone other than Dahlen. So I can pay $5 a month for that level of insight and analysis?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:44 pm 

Yeah, I don't think they know shit about amateur scouting but won't cop to it. On another podcast, they agreed that this is a one-man draft class and anyone who doesn't get Dahlin is screwed, and then I read weeks later that it's actually a much stronger class than last year's and that the whole top ten is valuable. They're probably trying to wish their beloved NBA into reality, where every draft has like one actual guy in it and if you have to draft fourth overall you may as well tear your entire organization down and start over.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm 

Here's puberty opt-out John Pullega with trade proposals that would get you banned from HFBoards:

Quote:
Package both first-round picks, Ejdsell, and Schmaltz for Calgary’s Dougie Hamilton. Throw in Rutta, and Anisimov and his 11 power play goals if you can get him to waive his NMC.

Package their #8 pick, Artem Anisimov, Victor Ejdsell, and Vinnie Hinostroza for Justin Faulk.

All that for Justin fucking Faulk?!? What has he ever done besides be a good puck-mover on teams that are poor in both goals scored and goals allowed and finish 9th or 10th? Be American?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Here's puberty opt-out John Pullega with trade proposals that would get you banned from HFBoards:

Quote:
Package both first-round picks, Ejdsell, and Schmaltz for Calgary’s Dougie Hamilton. Throw in Rutta, and Anisimov and his 11 power play goals if you can get him to waive his NMC.

Package their #8 pick, Artem Anisimov, Victor Ejdsell, and Vinnie Hinostroza for Justin Faulk.

All that for Justin fucking Faulk?!? What has he ever done besides be a good puck-mover on teams that are poor in both goals scored and goals allowed and finish 9th or 10th? Be American?

Dougie Hamilton?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next