Verified account
@FriedgeHNIC
6m6 minutes ago
Hearing CHI/ARIZ working on an Anthony Duclair deal

Post subject: Re: Hawks Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's a project player for sure but a project I'm interested in taking on.

The Coyotes are a funny organization. Analytics nerds can't wait to drop to their knees and get suckin' over how brilliant their "asset management" is, but when it comes to actually shepherding these players they get by agreeing to assume dead cap space, they never do anything with any of them because their last coach was an idiot and their new coach is an even bigger idiot. It's like The Process: you're just "outsmarting" everyone in perpetuity without ever building anything. Duclair was a top prospect of New York's when they got him for Yandle but they don't know what to do with him in Phoenix. I'd take him for a 3rd or 4th or something.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 pm 

Looks like it's Panik for Duclair. I'll take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/951230277128302592

Nick Kypreos‏Verified account
@RealKyper
Follow Follow @RealKyper
More Nick Kypreos Retweeted Elliotte Friedman
Done deal. Hearing Richard Panik and Adam Clendenning also involved as part of the deal. @NHLBlackhawks @ArizonaCoyotes @NHL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
He is a LW, fucking great!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bla ... clair/amp/

Blackhawks send Richard Panik to Arizona, acquire winger Anthony Duclair Mark Lazerus

The Blackhawks rid themselves of one of their most onerous contracts on Wednesday, dealing Richard Panik to the Arizona Coyotes for22-year-old winger Anthony Duclair. Joel Quenneville said there were two other pieces to the trade, but the specifics were unclear. Sportsnet reported that former Hawks defenseman Adam Clendening will be coming back to the Hawks organization in the deal.

Panik, signed to a two-year, $5.6-million contract over the summer after a 22-goal breakout season, has been a colossal disappointment this season. His goal Tuesday night in Ottawa was his first since Oct. 21, and his first 5-on-5 goal since the second game of the season.

Duclair has nine goals and six assists in 33 games this season. He had 20 goals and 24 assists in 81 games in 2014-15, his first full season in the NHL, but has struggled to reach that level since. He requested a trade last week. He carries a $1.2-million cap hit and will be a restricted free agent after this season.

Clears 1.5 million in cap room

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:25 pm 

Sounds like Panik and Dauphin for Duclair and Clendening. So they get Dauphin back in their organization, we get Clendening back in ours, neither will matter at the NHL level.

You had to sense it was over for Panik when Quenneville said the game dies on his stick. Do you know how often Quenneville shows up one of his players like that? About neverteen-point-never times a year. Guess he's one of his players now!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Sounds like Panik and Dauphin for Duclair and Clendening. So they get Dauphin back in their organization, we get Clendening back in ours, neither will matter at the NHL level.

You had to sense it was over for Panik when Quenneville said the game dies on his stick. Do you know how often Quenneville shows up one of his players like that? About neverteen-point-never times a year. Guess he's one of his players now!!

So both franchises get the player they originally drafted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:39 pm 

Yeah, I think Clendening is pretty much just AHL depth at this point, but with our blue line, who can say?

I don't know about you, but I didn't realize Duclair was 22! I thought he was 24 or 25 by now, the Yandle trade is going on three years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I think Clendening is pretty much just AHL depth at this point, but with our blue line, who can say?

I don't know about you, but I didn't realize Duclair was 22! I thought he was 24 or 25 by now, the Yandle trade is going on three years ago.

22 and with some potential. Could work and if it doesn't, we gave up nothing of real value and cleared cap space

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 pm 

The winners in this trade are Duclair, who gets to go from the farm team of the league-worst Coyotes to the Blackhawks, and Laurent Dauphin, whose career is basically what it is but can go back to living in Tucson instead of Rockford.

And while I've got you on the line, isn't it bullshit that there's an AHL team in Tucson, Arizona? The NHL team can barely stay in business, what are they doing putting AAA hockey there? Most AHL travel is riding a bus from Utica to Providence or something, what must those travel costs be?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm 

Also, I'm shocked that CH didn't shit on this trade by virtue of DuClair being from a southern market. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Also, I'm shocked that CH didn't shit on this trade by virtue of DuClair being from a southern market. :lol:

Ah, but that's where you're wrong! He was getting hyped as a Rangers prospect before he got to Phoenix. Also, I'm not sure if we can still play I Found Someone You Didn't with the current incarnation of the Coyotes, where the organization is such a shitshow that even under such low pressure, no one's thriving.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Ah, but that's where you're wrong! He was getting hyped as a Rangers prospect before he got to Phoenix. Also, I'm not sure if we can still play I Found Someone You Didn't with the current incarnation of the Coyotes, where the organization is such a shitshow that even under such low pressure, no one's thriving.

By getting them to the cap floor and not playing, Bolland is their MVP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Pronger and Datsyuk are gone but look at all this DCS:

Dave Bolland: $5,500,000
Mike Ribiero: $1,944,444
Mike Smith: $1,416,667
Antoine Vermette: $1,250,000

That's in $10.1MM in cap space for people who don't play for the team. This is the National Healthy League.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Pronger and Datsyuk are gone but look at all this DCS:

Dave Bolland: $5,500,000
Mike Ribiero: $1,944,444
Mike Smith: $1,416,667
Antoine Vermette: $1,250,000

That's in $10.1MM in cap space for people who don't play for the team. This is the National Healthy League.

when Bolland's contract runs out, they'll have to go and take Hossa off our hands (you know that's coming). They will pay $1MM for a $5.3MM cap hit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
My god, Dave Bolland is still drawing an NHL salary to the tune of 5 mildo?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:17 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

"Dale Tallon was the REAL brains behind the Blackhawks!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The rat.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
badrogue17 wrote:

Ours is a most unjust world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Damn....Jules is gonna have a new favorite player!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
The rat.

Thanks again Dale...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OInInvlgNa0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 am 

Coyotes are ready to trade Hjalmarsson. Let's get him back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Take Seabrook back in the trade!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Have you reconsidered your thoughts on the initial trade? Murphy has had a better year than him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Have you reconsidered your thoughts on the initial trade? Murphy has had a better year than him.

Murphy has gotten better as the year has gone on but still had some fatal errors (Vegas game last week) and healthy scratches. To the extent that Murphy has had the better year, a lot of that is due to Hjalmarsson being hurt for the last two months.

It would be intriguing to get Hammer back, keep his minutes low, and then have him ready for the playoffs, but with Minnesota's win tonight, what playoffs? It'd be a better trade if our team didn't suck so much in part due to Connor Murphy singlehandedly losing us a few games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Murphy has gotten better as the year has gone on but still had some fatal errors (Vegas game last week) and healthy scratches. To the extent that Murphy has had the better year, a lot of that is due to Hjalmarsson being hurt for the last two months.

It would be intriguing to get Hammer back, keep his minutes low, and then have him ready for the playoffs, but with Minnesota's win tonight, what playoffs? It'd be a better trade if our team didn't suck so much in part due to Connor Murphy singlehandedly losing us a few games.

I'd say the healthy scratches were more about Q and Stan being in a pissing match than reflective of Murphy's actual play. He's been one of the better defensemen this year and has certainly been better than the two guys wearing an "A".

Even when Hjalmarsson has been healthy this year, his play has left much to be desired. I'd say his shot blocking style has taken a toll on him and he's aging quicker than most Dmen as a result. Stan cut bait at the right moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I'd say the healthy scratches were more about Q and Stan being in a pissing match than reflective of Murphy's actual play. He's been one of the better defensemen this year and has certainly been better than the two guys wearing an "A".

Even when Hjalmarsson has been healthy this year, his play has left much to be desired. I'd say his shot blocking style has taken a toll on him and he's aging quicker than most Dmen as a result. Stan cut bait at the right moment.

Agreed. Q scratching Murphy was not indicative of who was playing the best. And you cannot use Hammer's injuries as an excuse when examining the trade. The main reason Hammer was traded was because of his heavy minutes and his play falling off dramatically because of his style of play which includes injuries. I thought this would be a trade that Arizona would win in year 1 and the Hawks would not see the full benefits till years 3 and 4 but they Hawks have had the better of the trade already.

I loved Hammer but I don't want the Hawks to pay much. This screams of Oduya 2.0.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
DAC wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Agreed. Q scratching Murphy was not indicative of who was playing the best. And you cannot use Hammer's injuries as an excuse when examining the trade. The main reason Hammer was traded was because of his heavy minutes and his play falling off dramatically because of his style of play which includes injuries. I thought this would be a trade that Arizona would win in year 1 and the Hawks would not see the full benefits till years 3 and 4 but they Hawks have had the better of the trade already.

I loved Hammer but I don't want the Hawks to pay much. This screams of Oduya 2.0.

Yup. Hammer has unfortunately become a victim of his willingness to do what the Hawk wanted him to do, and excelling at it, and because of it, has definitely sacrificed years from his career in order to play that role. Love Hammer, but he may be a lot closer to retirement than rejuvenation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 pm 

(670 The Score) The Blackhawks have traded defenseman Michal Kempny to the Capitals for a conditional third-round pick, they announced Monday.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.