It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Caller Bob wrote:
You can fire Stan and Q, but what are you going to do about Seabrook being paid 6.8 million another 6 years, when he's a 3rd line defense-man at best.

What bout Toews, a 2nd line center on a good day, 10+ million for 6 more years? These problems don't go away.

That's my point. There's not pulling out of this mess.

My only frustration is that much of the media and general fan have ignored that fact that Toews has been bad for 3 seasons now. I kept thinking he had one more in him, but CH was right....Toews is done and has been done for 3 years. There's no way to build around 2 god-awful contracts.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Not a big Q fan

Who's your guy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
You can fire Stan and Q, but what are you going to do about Seabrook being paid 6.8 million another 6 years, when he's a 3rd line defense-man at best.

What bout Toews, a 2nd line center on a good day, 10+ million for 6 more years? These problems don't go away.

My only frustration is that much of the media and general fan have ignored that fact that Toews has been bad for 3 seasons now. I kept thinking he had one more in him, but CH was right....Toews is done and has been done for 3 years. There's no way to build around 2 god-awful contracts.

Maybe with some smart moves + some cap increases, if his (Toews)contract can fall out of the top 5 in the league..maybe there is a chance..he was a TAD better this year IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
wdelaney72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The problem with Toews is that he is paid to be one of the best players in the league and he has performed like a #2 center the last few years. He's 4-5 million per season overpaid. Seabrook is nothing more than a 3rd pairing dman and is also 5 million or so overpaid.

You're right- there is no way to build around those contracts. You could work around Toews's contract since he is still a 55-60 pt center.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Hopefully the league understands the importance of a good Hawks team and juices them a top 3 pick in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 pm 

DAC wrote:
The problem with Toews is that he is paid to be one of the best players in the league and he has performed like a #2 center the last few years. He's 4-5 million per season overpaid. Seabrook is nothing more than a 3rd pairing dman and is also 5 million or so overpaid.

You stated this better than I did....I shouldn't use the word "bad. Toews has not played to his contract in 3 seasons....his contract makes it pretty detrimental.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It's so depressing. I loved Toews.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm 

New toy for Quenneville: Hawks sign 22-year-old German forward Dominik Kahun, who I guess made a strong showing for Deutschland in the Olympics:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
New toy for Quenneville: Hawks sign 22-year-old German forward Dominik Kahun, who I guess made a strong showing for Deutschland in the Olympics:

Another small forward- 5'11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:26 pm 

OHHH EDZO OHHH OHHH THE BLACKHAWKS NEED MORE SIZE AND MORE HITS, THEY NEED TO USE THEIR SIZE TO ASSERT THEIR DOMINANCE, EDZO

I will say for Stan Bowman, even though a few of his recent trades have really borked the organization (Danault and a 2nd for Weise and Fleischmann, Teravainen and Bickell for not having to have Bickell), he's still good at getting free Euro talent. Except Maxim Shalunov, why won't that guy come over?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Not a big Q fan

Who's your guy?

Fair...I don't have the answer. I'm not suggesting he gets fired...I just hate that we've seen multiple younger players get on his shit list....get traded...and succeed. Meanwhile....he could never give Roszival enough minutes. woof.

To your point, that does mean there's a better coach as an option and it's not Q's fault Toews , Seabrook are done and Crow needs rehab.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:36 pm 

The Universal NHL Fan Lament should be posted at the top of this folder:

- The coach doesn't play the young guys enough
- The coach plays his trusted veterans too much
- The coach shuffles his lines and then guys don't develop chemistry
- The coach needs to work on the power play