All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hinostroza + Hossa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 pm 
We save about 4 million.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Cashman wrote:
They have $8.5 mill to spend now......Jesus Christ! Fucking swing a deal for Panarin and sign him long term!

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/2018/7 ... ncy-rumors

Quote:
The Chicago Blackhawks are “in talks” to acquire two top-end talent left wingers in Montreal Canadiens’ Max Pacioretty and Carolina Hurricanes’ Jeff Skinner, reports David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period.

Chicago freed up $8.5 million in salary cap space with a seven-player trade Thursday that included Marian Hossa.

Pacioretty, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract at a $4.5 million cap hit and is coming off a season in which he scored a mere 17 goals. The 6-foot-2, 206-pounder reached the 30-goal mark in each of the previous four seasons.

Marc Antonine Godin of The Athletic reported Tuesday that Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin has informed Pacioretty that the team doesn’t plan to negotiate a contract extension this summer and that “his intention is to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible.”

Skinner, 26, also saw a drop in his production this past season with 24 goals and 49 points. In the previous two seasons, he scored at least 28 goals and eclipsed the 50-point mark. The 5-foot-11, 203-pounder also has one year left on his contract with a $5.725 cap hit.

Previous reports have linked Chicago to Carolina, but for defenseman Justin Faulk, who is a top-four right-handed shot the Hawks need. Faulk, also 26, scored 30-plus points a season since the 2013-14 campaign. He He scored 31 points (eight goals, 23 assists) in 76 games last season. Prior to the 2017-18 campaign, he had scored at least 15 goals in each of the last three seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I would love Pacioretty. Skinner is a flimsy little baby. And the Hawks need Justin Faulk like a hole in the head.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
wdelaney72 wrote:
So help me understand this....I get we needed to dump Hossa's contract. I get it was going to something of value to do that, hence Vinnie. Nice player.

We have salary off the books, but since it's after July 1, we have the same cap hit we had prior, which isn't much.
yes???

I believe you have until the start of the season to get your cap in line. I recall in years past they would go over the cap, but then make moves before the start of the season to get it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
I would love Pacioretty. Skinner is a flimsy little baby. And the Hawks need Justin Faulk like a hole in the head.

Patches would be a good pick-up if he comes cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:20 pm 

denisdman wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
So help me understand this....I get we needed to dump Hossa's contract. I get it was going to something of value to do that, hence Vinnie. Nice player.

We have salary off the books, but since it's after July 1, we have the same cap hit we had prior, which isn't much.
yes???

I believe you have until the start of the season to get your cap in line. I recall in years past they would go over the cap, but then make moves before the start of the season to get it right.

Yeah, you have a 10% cushion for maneuvering through the offseason. You have to be under the ceiling by day 1 of the regular season.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Patches would be a good pick-up if he comes cheap.

A great pickup, though I don't know how cheap we can get him. Of course, Bergevin already derped the whole thing by telling the world they won't extend his contract. It's especially bad for them to give up on Pacioretty considering it was allegedly some drama with Pacioretty (and his mom?) that ran Subban out of town.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I thought Hossa just retired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 pm 
Habs asked for Hetrl when the Sharks asked about Patches. No way is he coming here on the cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
HawaiiYou wrote:
I thought Hossa just retired.

Hossa retiring would fuck the Hawks six ways from Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Marcus Kruger?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Cashman wrote:
They have $8.5 mill to spend now......Jesus Christ! Fucking swing a deal for Panarin and sign him long term!

Quote:
The Chicago Blackhawks are “in talks” to acquire two top-end talent left wingers in Montreal Canadiens’ Max Pacioretty and Carolina Hurricanes’ Jeff Skinner, reports David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period.

Chicago freed up $8.5 million in salary cap space with a seven-player trade Thursday that included Marian Hossa.

Pacioretty, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract at a $4.5 million cap hit and is coming off a season in which he scored a mere 17 goals. The 6-foot-2, 206-pounder reached the 30-goal mark in each of the previous four seasons.

Marc Antonine Godin of The Athletic reported Tuesday that Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin has informed Pacioretty that the team doesn’t plan to negotiate a contract extension this summer and that “his intention is to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible.”

Skinner, 26, also saw a drop in his production this past season with 24 goals and 49 points. In the previous two seasons, he scored at least 28 goals and eclipsed the 50-point mark. The 5-foot-11, 203-pounder also has one year left on his contract with a $5.725 cap hit.

Previous reports have linked Chicago to Carolina, but for defenseman Justin Faulk, who is a top-four right-handed shot the Hawks need. Faulk, also 26, scored 30-plus points a season since the 2013-14 campaign. He He scored 31 points (eight goals, 23 assists) in 76 games last season. Prior to the 2017-18 campaign, he had scored at least 15 goals in each of the last three seasons.

Panarin ain't comin' back.

Pacioretty would be a good get.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Minooka Meatball wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Quote:

Panarin ain't comin' back.

Pacioretty would be a good get.

It's going to be kind of funny to see the reactions when Panarin goes to St. Louis next year to play with his buddy Tarasenko. I'll laugh as he never wins a Cup there, but the reactions from fans who keep clamoring for Panarin will be funny.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Good trade in my book. Hino is a fine player but easily replaceable. They needed to clear the space for the next 3 offseasons. Kruger for 1 year does not hurt and they can still move him if needed. A lot of people thought it was going to take more to move Hossa.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Can't say this makes any difference. 8.5 million in cap space give you room for one nice player. One nice player does not solve the multiple problems
1. defense
2. $10 million for a center that performs like a 2nd or 3rd line center
3. goalie depth....especially when your stud goalie is gone for half the season
4. Scoring help at wing.

I see another year of missing the playoffs.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
... probably missing playoffs the next two years, if we're being honest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Marcus Kruger?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:38 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

They’re a playoff team if Crawford is close to 100% and they get a couple bounce back performances. Granted, Nashville, Winnipeg, and probably St. Louis are better teams than the Hawks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Can't say this makes any difference. 8.5 million in cap space give you room for one nice player. One nice player does not solve the multiple problems
1. defense
2. $10 million for a center that performs like a 2nd or 3rd line center
3. goalie depth....especially when your stud goalie is gone for half the season
4. Scoring help at wing.

I see another year of missing the playoffs.

I am pretty sure Crow has this coming year and 1 more year left on his contract. So, that will be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wonder if Crow has a great first half they tank trade him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Darkside wrote:
Marcus Kruger?

Zoom zoom!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:20 am 

pittmike wrote:

Not sure I believe he will be on the ice, this year. We still have not got an answer to this "mysterious" injury.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am 
Cashman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not sure I believe he will be on the ice, this year. We still have not got an answer to this "mysterious" injury.

Does Passages Malibu have a rink for him to get some work in during his down time?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:30 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Cashman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Does Passages Malibu have a rink for him to get some work in during his down time?

Hey, you said it not me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Cashman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

God, imagine Ward and Forsberg all fucking season. That'd be the worst goalie tandem the Hawks have had since Darren Pang and Bob Mason.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
DAC wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

They’re a playoff team if Crawford is close to 100% and they get a couple bounce back performances. Granted, Nashville, Winnipeg, and probably St. Louis are better teams than the Hawks.

ok, so maybe they're a playoff team with a first year exit just like 2015-16 and 2016-17 if Crow is 100%.. not sure this team is even as good as those teams. Woof.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
wdelaney72 wrote:

ok, so maybe they're a playoff team with a first year exit just like 2015-16 and 2016-17 if Crow is 100%.. not sure this team is even as good as those teams. Woof.

Not close. Those teams had Hossa, Panarin, Hjalmarsson and younger Toews, Keith and Seabrook. 2016 was a couple of bounces the other way against St. Louis from another deep playoff run. The current team is a one and done wild card team if everything goes right.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm 

The Stars are nothing, the Avs have only been able to pop off one wacky-ass overachievement once every four years, and the Wild look like they're winding down. The Hawks could get fourth or fifth if everything goes right, maybe even third if St. Louis isn't all they're cracked up to be, but I don't see a path past Winnipeg and Nashville.