It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: 2019-20 Season
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
tied!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 pm 

4th PP of the period for the hawks, down 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Hanging in Frank's Chatroom at chatzy while awaiting the game...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
What a great fucking 3rd period there

It's amazing what happened when the Blackhawks decided to take shots from the blue line with traffic in front of the net in the 3rd. Great finish to the game.

You aren't going to make the pretty tic-tac-toe plays on awful ice in August so keep up the D shots from the point in Game 4 and close this series out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 am 

Toews got credit for the goal as Murphy's shot hit the Oilers stick and then Toews knee before going in

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:11 am 

The Hawks 2 best players thus far this series?

Toews and Dach. It's great to have strength up the middle, but can we talk about how much the demise of Toews has been exaggerated over the years and how much Dach has developed in just a year? WOW

As for disappointments, DeBrincat. The fucking midget is invisible and with his $6 million on the books the next 3 years combined with the fact the cap will be flat the next few years, I may say it's worth trading him if that money is used to keep Kubalik, who is an RFA. Kubalik does more for this team in the next 3 years than the midget will. It's not just this series, DeBrincat took a major step back all season.

On another note, I had to do a double take of the Shot counter. The Blackhawks held Edmonton to 28. When is the last time they held an offensive firehouse to under 30 Shots on goal? This blue line might actually be decent with De Haan and Boqvist back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The Hawks 2 best players thus far this series?

Toews and Dach. It's great to have strength up the middle, but can we talk about how much the demise of Toews has been exaggerated over the years and how much Dach has developed in just a year? WOW

As for disappointments, DeBrincat. The fucking midget is invisible and with his $6 million on the books the next 3 years combined with the fact the cap will be flat the next few years, I may say it's worth trading him if that money is used to keep Kubalik, who is an RFA. Kubalik does more for this team in the next 3 years than the midget will. It's not just this series, DeBrincat took a major step back all season.

On another note, I had to do a double take of the Shot counter. The Blackhawks held Edmonton to 28. When is the last time they held an offensive firehouse to under 30 Shots on goal? This blue line might actually be decent with De Haan and Boqvist back.

I am not going to fault Hawk fans for criticizing Toews over the last couple seasons. He had several lackluster seasons and naturally people would look for explanations. Was it due to hard minutes, nutrition and training, motivation, linemates? He obviously has not lived up to his contract. While he is playing great now, he has always been streaky so I will resist making large statements due to 3 games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think it was last year that Toews started bouncing back. There were a few years where he was just fried. But hey, Niklas Hjalmarsson had a dogshit 2011 and 2012 before coming off the lockout as an elite defenseman again. I guess it happens.

This is awesome for the Hawks, I'm glad Dach has played as well as he has, but from a leaguewide standpoint, it's probably not great that Connor McDavid's team, one of the highest revenue generators in the league, keeps eating shit in the playoffs if they even get there at all. OH WELL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I think it was last year that Toews started bouncing back. There were a few years where he was just fried. But hey, Niklas Hjalmarsson had a dogshit 2011 and 2012 before coming off the lockout as an elite defenseman again. I guess it happens.

This is awesome for the Hawks, I'm glad Dach has played as well as he has, but from a leaguewide standpoint, it's probably not great that Connor McDavid's team, one of the highest revenue generators in the league, keeps eating shit in the playoffs if they even get there at all. OH WELL

Toews changed his off-season routine before the 18-19 season and I think that made the difference.

As for McJesus going out, NHL will be fine, especially if the Habs advance as it looks like they will. If the Oilers lose, they will magically win the draft lottery.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Toews changed his off-season routine before the 18-19 season and I think that made the difference.

As for McJesus going out, NHL will be fine, especially if the Habs advance as it looks like they will. If the Oilers lose, they will magically win the draft lottery.

What did he change ? He’s always been a nutrition / work out guy .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

What did he change ? He’s always been a nutrition / work out guy .

I think he started doing Duncan Keith's regimen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
He likely had nagging injuries that could never completely heal while the team made deep dives into the playoffs year after year.

The extra time off due to the 'rona probably did him wonders.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Early start tonight...chatting in Frank's Covid Room

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Fucking A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:22 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Fucking A

come hang out in the chat with us

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Fucking A

Next time tell me. I got a couple things on the fire.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Fucking A

Discord? Which channel?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 pm 

denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Fucking A

Discord? Which channel?

how do you do the discord? ive heard about it but dont know how to use it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
RFDC wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Fucking A

Discord? Which channel?

https://www.chatzy.com/25675050726043

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:18 am 

The Knights or Avs will probably be the end of the line and I can accept that as those are elite teams, but damn this has been fun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:23 am 

After last night's game I'm even more on the trade DeBrincat bandwagon. Without a salary cap I keep him, but at $6 million a year, his decline this season, his weakness in playoffs, and the fact that keeping him means losing Kubalik, I trade him without regret. The Hawks can only afford one and I'm taking Kubalik 10 out of 10 times. Guy is a fucking beast and he doesn't take dumb, selfish penalties

DeBrincat has not only been invisible but he has been hurting Kane by being on his line. Kane has been doing his usual amazing puck handling and setting guys up and Cat just can't do shit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
After last night's game I'm even more on the trade DeBrincat bandwagon. Without a salary cap I keep him, but at $6 million a year, his decline this season, his weakness in playoffs, and the fact that keeping him means losing Kubalik, I trade him without regret. The Hawks can only afford one and I'm taking Kubalik 10 out of 10 times. Guy is a fucking beast and he doesn't take dumb, selfish penalties

DeBrincat has not only been invisible but he has been hurting Kane by being on his line. Kane has been doing his usual amazing puck handling and setting guys up and Cat just can't do shit.

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Vegas it is.

The Cat and Strome are both going to be gone by next season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:43 pm 

Gotta go into this series from the "just lucky to be here" viewpoint.

The Hawks will probably lose in 5 or 6.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:45 pm 

Is there a schedule, when does this series start?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
So the Hawks were 1-3 vs them this year but only 1 loss was in regulation. The Avs would have blown the doors off the Hawks but they at least have a change of being competitive in this series. I don't know what they are going to do to keep Reaves from gooning it up against them. Draw penalties and hope he doesn't obliterate anyone I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:55 pm 

I do like their chances vs LV more than the Avs. Going into the Oilers series, every win was going to be gravy. I just hope they continue to play well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It will not be difficult for the Hawks to sign and keep whoever they want. They will buyout Maata and Smith and resign Crawford for around 4 M. But Bowman needs to play hardball with Kubalik, Strome, and even Crawford if needed and we know he doesn’t do that unless you’re Branden Perlini. If the Hawks get a decent offer for Strome, trade him. The Hawks cannot afford the luxury of Strome as a #3C. Plus, they can always trade Saad who only has 1 year left on his contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24