PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
PortageP_Chi wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
PortageP_Chi wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Eaaaaaaasssy, there.

Let’s see how Crow looks a month from now before we push him out the door.

They will give Lehner plenty of starts to ease into his eventual #1 role.

Crow is physically done. He's 34 years old with at least 3 serious concussions since March 2016. He's a useful back-up on this team, but it's time to dispense with the idea he is a #1 after what he has physically gone through

Lehner was the 2nd best goalie in the entire NHL last year. It's time for him to start.

Sure he deserves to start, but he has ONE good season in the NHL since 2010. He is not the long term answer.

In 252 career starts, Lehner has posted a .918 career sv%

What would you guess Corey Crawford's career sv% is? Would it shock you if I told you it is also .918?

So yes, being 5 years younger, I'd say Lehner certainly is the long term answer. Even behind this dogshit D he has a .922 sv%

Crawford has started almost double the amount of games as Lehner so comparing their save percentage is not completely relative.... also Crawfords career GAA is way better.

250+ games started is a large enough sample size and Crow faced far fewer shots during those first 6 years of his career so of course his GAA would be lower with the same save %.

The fact that the two goalies have the same save percentage while playing behind two very different D's should tell us Lehner is proven. Crow spent 2010-2016 (the bulk of his starts) behind a Norris Trophy winning Keith, a shutdown Seabs, an even bigger shutdown stay at home guy in Hjammer, and of course a steady Oduya. Heck in 2013 the 6th Dman was Rozsival. I think we forget how solid he was back then. On top of that, the Dmen were supported by Kruger, Toews, Hossa, and Saad, always strong on the back-check and often controlling the puck.

What the hell do you think Lehner had for the bulk of his starts in Buffalo and Ottawa? Sure he did have Karlsson in Ottawa, but other than 1 Dman who is more known for his offensive skills, that's pretty thin. It's a miracle he has a career .918 sv% when his teams rarely had the puck in front of him.