It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: 2020-2021 season
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:05 pm 

Man the hawks are busy

Quote:
The Blackhawks have agreed to terms with defenseman Jake McCabe on a four-year deal, the team announced Wednesday. His cap hit is $4 million.T

McCabe, 27, recorded three points (one goal, two assists) in 13 games this season for the Buffalo Sabres before missing the rest of the campaign with a knee injury. He also averaged 19:11 of ice time and had a rating of plus-2.

McCabe tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in a game against the New Jersey Devils on Feb. 20 and was put on a six-to-eight-month timeline. It's unclear whether he'll be ready for the start of training camp in September.

McCabe is a shutdown defenseman who has a little bit of offensive upside to his game. He has the potential to be a top-four defenseman on the Blackhawks.

McCabe was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the second round (No. 44 overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Definitely building a legit 7th seed...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Caller Bob wrote:

Who can we trade Shaw's contract to?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Cashman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Who can we trade Shaw's contract to?

Jed Hoyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This a whole lot of roster change for one off-season. Starting to look like just re-arranging the deck furniture. They'll be better, but I doubt better by a huge margin.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
BigW72 wrote:
This a whole lot of roster change for one off-season. Starting to look like just re-arranging the deck furniture. They'll be better, but I doubt better by a huge margin.

The Hawks might even make the playoffs next season. But the overall trajectory of this team as Kane ages and Toews becomes an average player is a steep decline. And now they don't even have the draft picks and prospects in the pipeline to hope for young ELC players to be difference makers. The Hawks better hope to hell that Dach becomes a legit #1C, that Seth Jones finds his top-pairing game, and that Reichel becomes a top 6 winger. This is not the way to build a winning, consistent team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
DAC wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

The Hawks might even make the playoffs next season. But the overall trajectory of this team as Kane ages and Toews becomes an average player is a steep decline. And now they don't even have the draft picks and prospects in the pipeline to hope for young ELC players to be difference makers. The Hawks better hope to hell that Dach becomes a legit #1C, that Seth Jones finds his top-pairing game, and that Reichel becomes a top 6 winger. This is not the way to build a winning, consistent team.

hope to hell that Dach becomes a legit #1C....this has to happen, as Toews hasn't been that for many years now. I'm glad he'll be back, but it's not enough.

The team will be better and make the playoffs. Stan isn't looking to build a championship roster....he's frantically grasping at straws to save his job.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
regardless of the position taken or craft of the tweet, every time i finish reading something posted by Mark Lazerus, I cant help but utter an audible "Shut the fuck up, Mark."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
regardless of the position taken or craft of the tweet, every time i finish reading something posted by Mark Lazerus, I cant help but utter an audible "Shut the fuck up, Mark."

:lol: He really is a condescending bag.

Of course Lazerus loves this offseason. Great stuff for him to write about. Plus, he can wax poetic about a playoff race and playoff games next season. I know I have said it before but for the Hawks having two writers reporting on them in the Athletic (many teams only have one), they really have shitty coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Great to see Tazer right in the middle of the party at The Cat's wedding. Half the damn team was there and they looked like they were getting after it and then some. Kaner was there too as were some former players like Boq and Drake. Strome looked the most blitzed by far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14