It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Goodbye Crawford
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Reading Probert's biography gives one a glimpse into why these guys struggle with addiction, they leave home to play junior, while away they start drinking frequently with the other players who are all in the same situation. Their entire lives are based on hockey, so they do whatever it takes to be ready to play, there is not backup plan because they have spent the formative years of their lives away from school and other social structures. There are some that can handle this, but many of the NHL guys develop serious addiction issues because they do not know any other way of life other than to be one of the boys in the locker room.

Bob was one of the kindest and most gentle human beings I ever had the pleasure of working with.

More than one person has said that.

i've heard the same but remember when Mike North had that late night show on channel 2 in the mid90s. I think he had Probert on there and he made some racial remarks on there which made the live audience cringe.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Crawford really screws over the Devil's here, obviously not deliberately. With the 3 goalie COVID rule, there is nobody decent left on the free agent market to even be the backup.

Plus they could have exposed Crawford in the expansion draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
HawaiiYou wrote:

i've heard the same but remember when Mike North had that late night show on channel 2 in the mid90s. I think he had Probert on there and he made some racial remarks on there which made the live audience cringe.

I don't remember that, but I do remember Dahl having Probert on once at some golf outing and getting Probert super pissed by asking the same questions over and over about his "last ride" in Detroit where he crashed his bike and wound up passed out on astroturf at a gas station. Zawaski's also written and talked about working with Probert on the Hawks postgame show right after his playing career ended and how one day he'd be the nicest guy, then the next moody and clearly hung over.