It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Toews is that type of guy. He doesn't want people to know. He's a quiet guy that pretty much keeps his personal life private. He doesn't like attention. At some point he'll announce it. I don't know if support of Hawks fans matters to him. It wouldn't for me. It's nice, but I wouldn't want to talk about it just like Toews has decided to do. I'd just want my family and friends to support me.

Have they made strides with ALS? Or it can't be cured? I have no idea.

we dont know if he has ALS right? it's just rumor?

Yeah. Rumor. But why would somebody make up this rumor? What would be the point of that? So I think it's true.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Beardown wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Toews is that type of guy. He doesn't want people to know. He's a quiet guy that pretty much keeps his personal life private. He doesn't like attention. At some point he'll announce it. I don't know if support of Hawks fans matters to him. It wouldn't for me. It's nice, but I wouldn't want to talk about it just like Toews has decided to do. I'd just want my family and friends to support me.

Have they made strides with ALS? Or it can't be cured? I have no idea.

we dont know if he has ALS right? it's just rumor?

Yeah. Rumor. But why would somebody make up this rumor? What would be the point of that? So I think it's true.

Maybe to hide against something else that may be embarrassing to Towes and the organization.

and was the rumor started here on CFMB? if so then it's probably not true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The rumor was started elsewhere, I believe it involved a deleted tweet by a former player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My guess is lung or heart issues post COVID. Can’t play without all your o2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
My guess is lung or heart issues post COVID. Can’t play without all your o2.

Seems like that’d be something they’d cop to though.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
https://www.bleachernation.com/blackhaw ... ti-vaxxer/

"When asked if the idea of Toews never playing again is on the table, Bowman made it clear that the idea is off-base and “premature thinking.” He also made it clear that the Blackhawks are planning their future with Toews in the picture."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Not ALS?

Darren Dreger on Jonathan Toews (h/t Jay Zawaski)

“The good news is that his health is getting better. As long as he stays headed in the right direction, he should be healthy & ready to return to the Blackhawks next season. It has been a very challenging year for the captain of the Blackhawks.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:18 pm 

Some of you are going to have some explaining to do

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Who knows what it is, but sounds like good news if he thinks he can play again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:45 am 

If only there were a way they couldve dispelled any rumors regarding Toews health.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:50 am 

I get that privacy is one thing but in a major city athlete I can't imagine the need for this level of secrecy. Not even an upper or lower body thing was given.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
It has been a very challenging year for the captain of the Blackhawks.”
Covid longhauler

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i still believe the issue is with all the concussions, all the cross-checks in the back of the head. fearless in the corners and in front of the net - the piper came calling the last few years, this year he had to pay him.

needs to get better, then worry about hockey. eventually, he'll tell us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
i still believe the issue is with all the concussions, all the cross-checks in the back of the head. fearless in the corners and in front of the net - the piper came calling the last few years, this year he had to pay him.

needs to get better, then worry about hockey. eventually, he'll tell us.

I agree.
The secrecy would indicate one of 2 things:
1) This is contract / organizational direction pissing match. I don't think this is it.
2) Something very serious like ALS or other issues yet to be diagnosed related to the physical abuse he's taken.

Toews hasn't been Toews since the 2014-15 Season.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:12 pm 

Maybe he was found guilty of gambling on the games and the league suspended him for a year.....

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
Maybe he was found guilty of gambling on the games and the league suspended him for a year.....

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:04 am 

Quote:
Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews explains why he missed 2020-'21 season

(670 The Score) After a season of mystery, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews has revealed why he missed the 2020-’21 campaign.

Toews, 33, explained in a video posted to his Twitter account that he has been suffering from “chronic immune response syndrome.”

“I just think there were a lot of things that piled up where my body just fell apart,” Toews said. “So what they’re calling it is chronic immune response syndrome, where I just couldn’t quite recover and my immune system was reacting to everything I did, any kind of stress, anything I’d do throughout the day. There was always kind of that stress response. It took some time. That was the frustrating part, not knowing when or how we were going to get over the hump. Thankfully, I’ve got a great support team of people that helped me through it. I learned a lot about just the stress I’ve put on my body over the years. I appreciate all the support. A lot of people were worried, and I definitely felt bad to a certain degree that people were that worried and thought it was really serious. But in the back of my mind, I knew I’d get through it. It was just a matter of time.”

n late December, Toews and the Blackhawks revealed in a statement that he would be out indefinitely due to an undisclosed illness that included symptoms that “have left me feeling drained and lethargic,” Toews said. Toews added he was “working with doctors so I can better understand my condition.”

A Google search of chronic “immune” response syndrome turns up results for chronic “inflammatory” response syndrome. Further details on Toews’ condition weren’t available, and it’s unclear when he might speak to the media in a group setting.

Toews has returned to Chicago and is back on the ice.

“I definitely want to thank the fans, my teammates, the organization, Rocky (Wirtz), Stan (Bowman), Jeremy (Colliton),” Toews said. “Everybody and the fans especially.

“I’ve had so many people across the hockey world and fans and people that have shown their support. I think that’s the biggest thing. You realize there’s more to life than hockey, but I’m excited to get back to the United Center and play and just go out there and have fun. I think my best is going to come through. I’m excited to get back in front of the fans.”

Toews last played at the end of the 2019-'20 season, when he notched 60 points (18 goals, 42 assists) in 70 games. Toews is a four-time All-Star.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:07 am 

Oh no, he's on the "biotoxin" disease train. Might as well trade him now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 am 

So, how did he get mold to attach to his cells? Why is he living in a water damaged building?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews explains why he missed 2020-'21 season

(670 The Score) After a season of mystery, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews has revealed why he missed the 2020-’21 campaign.

Toews, 33, explained in a video posted to his Twitter account that he has been suffering from “chronic immune response syndrome.”

“I just think there were a lot of things that piled up where my body just fell apart,” Toews said. “So what they’re calling it is chronic immune response syndrome, where I just couldn’t quite recover and my immune system was reacting to everything I did, any kind of stress, anything I’d do throughout the day. There was always kind of that stress response. It took some time. That was the frustrating part, not knowing when or how we were going to get over the hump. Thankfully, I’ve got a great support team of people that helped me through it. I learned a lot about just the stress I’ve put on my body over the years. I appreciate all the support. A lot of people were worried, and I definitely felt bad to a certain degree that people were that worried and thought it was really serious. But in the back of my mind, I knew I’d get through it. It was just a matter of time.”

n late December, Toews and the Blackhawks revealed in a statement that he would be out indefinitely due to an undisclosed illness that included symptoms that “have left me feeling drained and lethargic,” Toews said. Toews added he was “working with doctors so I can better understand my condition.”

A Google search of chronic “immune” response syndrome turns up results for chronic “inflammatory” response syndrome. Further details on Toews’ condition weren’t available, and it’s unclear when he might speak to the media in a group setting.

Toews has returned to Chicago and is back on the ice.

“I definitely want to thank the fans, my teammates, the organization, Rocky (Wirtz), Stan (Bowman), Jeremy (Colliton),” Toews said. “Everybody and the fans especially.

“I’ve had so many people across the hockey world and fans and people that have shown their support. I think that’s the biggest thing. You realize there’s more to life than hockey, but I’m excited to get back to the United Center and play and just go out there and have fun. I think my best is going to come through. I’m excited to get back in front of the fans.”

Toews last played at the end of the 2019-'20 season, when he notched 60 points (18 goals, 42 assists) in 70 games. Toews is a four-time All-Star.

Hope it's true. If it is it's excellent news.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:15 am 

So disclosing that diagnosis during the season was off the table ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He had to sell his water damaged condo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"Chronic inflammatory response syndrome" seems to be on the same level as fibromyalgia or Morgellons (which "afflicted" former Sox reliever Billy Koch). I'm suspicious, but then Toews has always sought odd medical help. He was hawking those weed protein shakes or something once.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Am being told it's ALS.

Good call!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:20 am 

Brick wrote:
So, how did he get mold to attach to his cells? Why is he living in a water damaged building?

You ever go in a hockey locker room and smell the equipment?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

Now I'm thinking about Marian Hossa retiring because his equipment ate his skin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:21 am 

pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:

True. At least he won't have to deal with that any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:22 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

May have taken a long time to even decide what he has. I know my wife has an undifferentiated autoimmune disease. I think they have no idea what she has still.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Spaulding wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spaulding wrote:

If this is a rebuild and not a retool, I would rather have the cap savings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next