It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks for everything #7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Seabrook announces retirement

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
So does he get a Hossa like trade to Seattle to help them hit the cap floor?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:13 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
So does he get a Hossa like trade to Seattle to help them hit the cap floor?

Coyotes will need someone get help with that now that the team is in financial trouble and with Hossa's contract expiring this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Good Riddance. Checked out when he got paid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
He was great while his body lasted. He gave that body up for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:51 am 

That contract has crippled them from the start of it. Like Heyward if MLB had a salary cap.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 am 

Had some great moments along the way. Too bad part of his legacy is going to be blurred because of struggles and his contract late.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:59 am 

Blame Stan, not the player for the awful contract

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:02 am 

It seemed like he lost a lot of his effectiveness with Carcillo no longer on the team. Still a great player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
great blackhawks player. clutch. him and keith the best pair in the history of the franchise and top all time NHL.

hopefully they give him some kind of announcing gig with the team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:59 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
great blackhawks player. clutch. him and keith the best pair in the history of the franchise and top all time NHL.

Haven't really thought of too many all time NHL defensive pairs. You might be right or at least close. Who played with Coffey in Edmonton?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 pm 

pittmike wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Haven't really thought of too many all time NHL defensive pairs. You might be right or at least close. Who played with Coffey in Edmonton?

I'd rank Lidstrom and Chelios ahead of them

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:37 pm 

If he's retired how the fuck does he still count against the cap? Who negotiated this NHL bullshit?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
If he's retired how the fuck does he still count against the cap? Who negotiated this NHL bullshit?

To prevent giving a free agent superstar you need a 10 year 100 $M contract knowing he will retire in 1 year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:

Read the press release. He's not retiring. He's "no longer playing hockey." Retirement would void the contract. They used the same verbiage with Hossa. I think the first time I heard it was Pascal Dupuis, who could "no longer play hockey" but hung around on LTIR getting paid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
Had some great moments along the way. Too bad part of his legacy is going to be blurred because of struggles and his contract late.

Yes. This is totally how I feel. I don't know if anybody pissed me off more the last few years. I can relate to being old and fat but he was lazy and flat out didn't give a shit most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Read the press release. He's not retiring. He's "no longer playing hockey." Retirement would void the contract. They used the same verbiage with Hossa. I think the first time I heard it was Pascal Dupuis, who could "no longer play hockey" but hung around on LTIR getting paid.

He really hasn't played hockey in 6 years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yes. This is totally how I feel. I don't know if anybody pissed me off more the last few years. I can relate to being old and fat but he was lazy and flat out didn't give a shit most of the time.

I dont really think he didn't give a shit, but his body gave out on him and he was just not capable anymore. It sucks, but I think he cared.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:27 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I dont really think he didn't give a shit, but his body gave out on him and he was just not capable anymore. It sucks, but I think he cared.

He doesn't come off as the Jay Cutler type. He obviously cared. just the body couldn't do it any longer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Was it two hips and a shoulder or two shoulders and a hip? Can’t remember but depending on how long those had been bad enough to degrade his performance and ability to train it could of been a major detriment to his performance for years. Doesn’t excuse the weight that he put on though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Was it two hips and a shoulder or two shoulders and a hip? Can’t remember but depending on how long those had been bad enough to degrade his performance and ability to train it could of been a major detriment to his performance for years. Doesn’t excuse the weight that he put on though.

he probably got depressed and started trying to eat away at the depression like many folks do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

in ten years you are only going to remember him for his help in winning the 3 cups. too much good will outweigh the bad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Blame Stan, not the player for the awful contract

THIS.
Plus, he's not the only one that hasn't lived up to his contract since the 2015 cup.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:54 pm 

Being Polly pissy pants when he was a healthy scratch a few years ago (maybe 2019) was shitty. He didn't have a lot to offer and hadn't been playing well for probably 2 years at that point. It's one thing if he couldn't move (and maybe say something at that point - hey I can't play anymore) but there were times where he wouldn't bother playing the the puck right. He'd flip it in front of the net or have a shit ass turnover.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
Being Polly pissy pants when he was a healthy scratch a few years ago (maybe 2019) was shitty. He didn't have a lot to offer and hadn't been playing well for probably 2 years at that point. It's one thing if he couldn't move (and maybe say something at that point - hey I can't play anymore) but there were times where he wouldn't bother playing the the puck right. He'd flip it in front of the net or have a shit ass turnover.

That is true....still....Stan is the one that gave him what everyone knew was a stupid and regrettable contract

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:15 pm 

I'm no fan of Stan!

I don't remember the details of his negotiations. Everybody knew it was a bad contract when the details came out. Fuck both of them.

I can't tell you the amount of times I screamed Seabrook you fat slow dumbass. I can excuse the slow, I can sympathize with the fat but I've got a real issue with the dumbass part. I could just be "feeling" this but if I remember correctly quite a few games got away from us and quite a few losses are on him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
pittmike wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

great topic and yes, i'd say that this recent hawks' pairing was the best. 3 cups in 6 years - no dryden, fuhr, vernon in goal.

as a kid, larry robinson and guy lapointe.

80's - coffee and huddy/wilson & murray/macinnis & suter.

90's - chelios & suter/leetch & patrick/lidstrom & macrimmon - larry murphy- b. rafalski

i always felt the 1988 calgary flames had the best/deepest D corps of any club i've seen.

wilson with great shot, not sure if mario marois of the nords had a harder one. we all know about maciniss' shot.

keith with the passing and the great stick - accurate shot..at times, too shy to shoot. seabrook was a beast on skates/excellent and fearless shot-blocker...accurate and heavy shot. clutch duo.