It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This guy is intimidating.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
GoldenJet wrote:
Yeah, this is gonna get pretty ugly for anyone upstairs that buried this and then shuffled this guy off to continue his predation.

This veered off in the usual CFMB direction but your point is likely true. There are now numerous accounts about this guy being verified by multiple reporters. Why was McDonough sent packing again :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:55 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Yeah, this is gonna get pretty ugly for anyone upstairs that buried this and then shuffled this guy off to continue his predation.

This veered off in the usual CFMB direction but your point is likely true. There are now numerous accounts about this guy being verified by multiple reporters. Why was McDonough sent packing again :scratch:

Preying on hockey players?

What probably happened is he was being inappropriate and frisky so they set him packing. I sincerely doubt he was pinning Corey Crawford against the wall.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

What probably happened is he was being inappropriate and frisky so they set him packing. I sincerely doubt he was pinning Corey Crawford against the wall.

This guy gets it. Dude got railroaded.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Its kind of amazing this isn't a bigger story. I remember the whole diddling thing with Fleury and other players in juniors making big news.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Its kind of amazing this isn't a bigger story. I remember the whole diddling thing with Fleury and other players in juniors making big news.

It's a huge story among people who have always wanted bad things to happen to the Blackhawks, such as opposing hockey fans and Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I need a McNeil-esque “pull the goalie” allegation to really bring this one homo, er, home.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nardi wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

So you haven’t read anything beyond this board. Got it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
https://www.tsn.ca/former-coach-confirm ... ssion=true

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
GoldenJet wrote:
https://www.tsn.ca/former-coach-confirms-blackhawks-management-met-to-discuss-alleged-abuse-1.1660541?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

What a glaring lack of morality by the Blackhawks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Stan Bowman should've been fired years ago due to on ice performance so if this gets him out the door, fine with me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:54 pm 

What kind of punishment will the Hawks receive? McDonough is gone. Do they go after Bowman or Quenneville? If the owner and team president were aware and approved of the coverup, what responsibilities do lesser front office employees and coaches have? Do they just fine the Hawks heavily? Arizona lost draft picks for improperly working out prospects and this is obviously much, much worse. I doubt the NHL does anything till the Finals are over. Bettman has a major press conference tomorrow and will definitely be questioned about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I would guess Bowman is suspended for at least a year, which will be a de facto ban for life. McDonough will get an actual ban for life for show-trial purposes, but wasn't gonna work in hockey again anyway. No punishment for Quenneville, who wasn't really management.

I guess what I don't understand is why they had to give the sex offender a letter of recommendation. I understand why McDonough wouldn't have wanted anyone going to the cops; Bernstein was already shrieking about how evil the Blackhawks were even then just because they made sports anchors root for them on the news. But why did they enable him to sexually assault minors somewhere else?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I wonder if this coach had dirt on other players and there was an agreement to keep other stories quiet in exchange for a quiet send off.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
But why did they enable him to sexually assault minors somewhere else?

Self-interest and the fear of being tainted can blind you. Others are still uncomfortable talking about any kind of sexual activity; the predatory stuff seems to induce many into looking the other way or not wanting to be involved.

Maybe the guy with the power made the decision and no one had the guts to say, "Hold on, Chief." I witnessed someone once blow the whistle on this kind of thing and things did not turn out well for him at his place of employment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Re-checking the timelines.....Jerry Sandusky was arrested in 2011. This happened 2007-2010. Even thought the guy was already sent packing before Sandusky was arrested, everyone in the world saw that plague spread. They had to have known this would come back to haunt them.

This get could / should get real bad for Bowman.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
thomas wrote:
Self-interest and the fear of being tainted can blind you. Others are still uncomfortable talking about any kind of sexual activity; the predatory stuff seems to induce many into looking the other way or not wanting to be involved.

Maybe the guy with the power made the decision and no one had the guts to say, "Hold on, Chief." I witnessed someone once blow the whistle on this kind of thing and things did not turn out well for him at his place of employment.

Hard to know what to do, and how many can be held responsible for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 am 

In 2013 when Aldrich was sentenced to 9 months in prison, how did that not become a story then? The Hawks had to of known that one of their former coaches was sentenced to prison. How do the team reporters (Lazerus, Powers, ect) not report this? Did they really not know? Seems like this is an easy story to research and get answers to.

Last edited by DAC on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
DAC wrote:
In 2013 when Aldrich was sentenced to 9 months in prison, how did that not become a story then? The Hawks had to of known that one of their coaches was sentenced to prison. How do the team reporters (Lazerus, Powers, ect) not report this? Did they really not know? Seems like this is an easy story to research and get answers to.

They are awful reporters. Take note how every major story about the Hawks gets broken by TSN guys in Canada.

The Shaw season ending concussion in the 2019-2020 season was reported by radio in Canada in early 2020 while the local Hawks beat writers said nothing. The Toews stuff was reported by TSN in Canada (first on radio and then in print) and then this story came from TSN as well.

The Hawks beat writers are lazy and worthless. They don't know jack about the game of hockey or journalism and it shows.

Laz is also a giant piece of shit as a human on top of being bad at his job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The other things I can understand i.e. younger kids after the Hawks incident. How the fuck does an NHL player get assaulted unknowingly and not beat the fuck out of the guy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:29 pm 

pittmike wrote:
The other things I can understand i.e. younger kids after the Hawks incident. How the fuck does an NHL player get assaulted unknowingly and not beat the fuck out of the guy?

It's THE question. I don't know shit about hockey, but junior hockey doesn't seem to be a great system for teenagers to grow up in.

The video nerd, who should have had an extreme beatdown and thrown out the door, was not. He claimed he had dirt and was shown the door with a recommendation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:37 pm 

Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It's THE question. I don't know shit about hockey, but junior hockey doesn't seem to be a great system for teenagers to grow up in.

The video nerd, who should have had an extreme beatdown and thrown out the door, was not. He claimed he had dirt and was shown the door with a recommendation.

Guilt/shame are great silencers, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
thomas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I get all of that and certainly not victim shaming. Fact is though not a single NHLer doesn't beat his ass. So unless they were minor leaguers or the two way up/down players I don't understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Can you elaborate?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Can you elaborate?

I will say this about Lazerus. He's a talented writer BUT he's extremely arrogant and condescending to fans taking shots at them at some point in just about every article or podcast. He's not very knowledgeable about hockey considering his job and both he and Powers have been covering the Hawks for less than 10 years. Lazerus loves writing articles about players and the softer side of hockey. Besides the insight he gives from interviewing players, he really doesn't teach you anything about the team that you wouldn't read on the HF board if you knew where to look. Both Lazerus and Powers's articles on team construction, players grades, trade targets, and prospects all leave a lot to be desired. Lazerus is extremely easy on players and is very hesitant to criticize them. I just see a lot of lazy, easy articles from them. And advanced metrics...... Forget it. Powers has improved a little in this area but Lazerus doesn't even pretend. He's more apt to write an article about which superhero matches up with each player before he'd write an article about zone entries, exits, possession metrics, quality scoring chances ect. ect.

Another reason why a lot of people dislike Lazerus is that he's an outspoken Democrat. That's about the only real area that I agree with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Remember reading Probert's bio and he talked about how he and the other players filled their downtime in junior by drinking, no real supervision for teenage guys. It would seem to be a place the sexual predators would gravitate toward, they could identify the vulnerable kids and groom them knowing that they would likely not say anything due to the shame of being abused and the fact that the abuser likely had control over their playing time/destiny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:03 pm 

pittmike wrote:
thomas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I get all of that and certainly not victim shaming. Fact is though not a single NHLer doesn't beat his ass. So unless they were minor leaguers or the two way up/down players I don't understand.

Wasn't that the case?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
pittmike wrote:
thomas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'm sorry Mike i like you very much but this is just a dumb way to look at abuse.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
What players were allegedly sexually assaulted?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:49 am 

Nas wrote:
What players were allegedly sexually assaulted?

The players' names have not been released.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next