It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seth Jones
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Looking for the Curious Hair take. Doesn't get me excited to start watching them again.

Seth Jones was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks by the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday for Adam Boqvist, a first-round pick (No. 12) and a second-round selection (No. 44) at the 2021 NHL Draft, and a first-round pick in the 2022 or 2023 NHL Draft.

The Blackhawks also received a first-round pick (No. 32, originally belonging to the Tampa Bay Lightning) and a sixth-round selection in the 2022 NHL Draft.

If Chicago's first-round pick in 2022 is one of the top two selections, the Blue Jackets will receive the Blackhawks' first-round pick in 2023.

Post subject: Re: Seth Jones
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Overrated player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ryan pace approves

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The absolute disrespect of even making #4 available. That number should be reserved for the rafters.

I already hate Seth Jones just for taking that number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hammer was good, not sure that good. But yeah... They could of picked a better number.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
Hammer was good, not sure that good. But yeah... They could of picked a better number.

They don't win 1 Cup let alone 3 without Hammer on the back end.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Very important part of those teams, but not enough to have his number retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Didn't the Hawks lead the league in keeping pucks out of the net in 2013 and 2015? I think they had a top-ranked kill in '13, too. Absolutely you retire Hjalmarsson's number. Unsung hero of the championship teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

To be fair, can’t you also say that about Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Hossa, and definitely Keith? Probably Sharp too. Maybe they still win in 2010 without one of those players since they were so deep but the margins in 2013 and 2015 were so close that you couldn’t take any of those guys off the team and still win those Cups. Crawford as well in 2013 and 2015. Don’t get me wrong, I love Hammer and he might be my favorite player of the Hawk Cup teams. I say retire his number. He was easily one of the league’s best SAH dmen in his prime.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
I say retire his number. He was easily one of the league’s best SAH dmen in his prime.

For the second two championship seasons and the one in the middle, I think he was the best. Who else is in the conversation? Mark-Edouard Vlasic? Not feelin' it. Hjalmarsson had those two crappy seasons in '11 and '12 but came back as a machine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
I say retire his number. He was easily one of the league’s best SAH dmen in his prime.

For the second two championship seasons and the one in the middle, I think he was the best. Who else is in the conversation? Mark-Edouard Vlasic? Not feelin' it. Hjalmarsson had those two crappy seasons in '11 and '12 but came back as a machine.

A lot of people would say Vlasic. I definitely won't argue with anyone saying he was the best for those few seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Kane, Toews, Keith, Hammer, Seabrook, Hossa.

I love Hammer as much as I do Kane, but there's just going to have to be a limit on the number of sweaters that go to the rafters. Hammer will be odd man out. It may not be right.....but I don't see it happening.

They gave up a lot, but I like the trade. Seth Jones makes this team decisively better at a position desperately needed of an upgrade.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
DAC wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

To be fair, can’t you also say that about Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Hossa, and definitely Keith? Probably Sharp too. Maybe they still win in 2010 without one of those players since they were so deep but the margins in 2013 and 2015 were so close that you couldn’t take any of those guys off the team and still win those Cups. Crawford as well in 2013 and 2015. Don’t get me wrong, I love Hammer and he might be my favorite player of the Hawk Cup teams. I say retire his number. He was easily one of the league’s best SAH dmen in his prime.

In 2015 it was the injury to Kane that actually allowed the Hawks to get deeper. With his money off the books they went out and acquired Kimmo Timmonen, Antoine Vermette and Andrew Desjardins before the deadline. Hawks finished in third(?) and Kane was back for the playoffs with an experienced/deeper team than they would have had since there is no cap in the playoffs.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:37 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Kane, Toews, Keith, Hammer, Seabrook, Hossa.

I love Hammer as much as I do Kane, but there's just going to have to be a limit on the number of sweaters that go to the rafters. Hammer will be odd man out. It may not be right.....but I don't see it happening.

They gave up a lot, but I like the trade. Seth Jones makes this team decisively better at a position desperately needed of an upgrade.

I've read a lot of stats the last few days and getting back to what CH said about Hammer being the best SAH dman of his era and he is unquestionably correct. Some fancy stats showed Hammer's defensive WAR and he was right at the top for nearly his whole career. Yes, his number should be retired. Take a look at that Tweet below.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1419382349523992579

Also, the Jones trade and extension are TERRIBLE. Jones was BAD last season and he wasn't very good the season before. Evolving Wild predicted he would receive a a 5 year 6.9 M contract on the open market and that is not even considering what the team gave up. The Hawks would have been much, much better off signing Hamilton to that contract and keeping their prospects. I can't think of a worse sequence of events from a GM. SJ trading for and extending Karlsson is probably the closest but Jones is a worse player. This article does a great job of analyzing the trade. https://jfresh.substack.com/p/breaking- ... ones-trade