pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
:D Cementhead :D
(Last post, previous page)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset

Love this kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Hagel is such a stud. Entwistle is supposedly following in his footsteps and has absolutely looked the part in camp. Whatever it takes to keep that sac of shit Nylander down in Rockford where he can have one amazing breakaway every 9th game while turning every other puck over to the opposition the remainder of his ice time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Hagel is such a stud. Entwistle is supposedly following in his footsteps and has absolutely looked the part in camp. Whatever it takes to keep that sac of shit Nylander down in Rockford where he can have one amazing breakaway every 9th game while turning every other puck over to the opposition the remainder of his ice time.

Edit: Nylander will probably get picked up on waivers since he’ll need to be exposed to be sent down. No great loss if that happens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The Division wrote:

Edit: Nylander will probably get picked up on waivers since he’ll need to be exposed to be sent down. No great loss if that happens.

Agreed. Wonder if Buffalo gives him another shot. I would enjoy it just because it would further highlight Bowman's incompetence.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:09 am 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

Agreed. Wonder if Buffalo gives him another shot. I would enjoy it just because it would further highlight Bowman's incompetence.

Was thinking probably not but some franchises are run by buffoons so…

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:25 am 

The Division wrote:
DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

Word on the street is that Arizona is likely to claim him since Armstrong was high on Nylander during his draft season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 am 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:
DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

Word on the street is that Arizona is likely to claim him since Armstrong was high on Nylander during his draft season.

I was thinking either Arizona or Ottawa. Neither have anything to lose by claiming him, assuming he is put on waivers. He has a small cap hit is young and could figure it out (eventually).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:59 am 

Scott Powers (The Athletic) reporting:

According to CapFriendly on Sunday, Nylander is waiver-exempt, and that was confirmed by multiple sources. CapFriendly and PuckPedia, the two primary public cap websites, had previously designated Nylander as no longer being waiver-exempt.
What appears to have changed is how Nylander’s 2020-21 season is being counted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so hey the blackhawks bandwagon is long dead by now, right? Or at least casuals have stopped going out of their way to prove that they love hockey these days, r-right?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:15 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
so hey the blackhawks bandwagon is long dead by now, right? Or at least casuals have stopped going out of their way to prove that they love hockey these days, r-right?

Yes, the bandwagon is dead and there is no reason to jump on board right now. The Hawks should be entertaining and will probably be in contention for a playoff spot but it's very unlikely they go much further than the 2nd round at best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
sinicalypse wrote:

My problem with the Blackhawks is that once again they've proven themselves to be a contemptible organization.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Should be a fun season; lot of promising young guys on the team. Hopefully they find a younger goalie that they can depend on after this season.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:49 pm 

Delia and Subban waived, Nylander to Rockford and Hawks set to sign Gustafsson who was released from his PTO with the Islanders. Yes, that Erik Gustafsson…Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:02 pm 

The Division wrote:
Yes, that Erik Gustafsson…Ugh.

FFS! I don't think there has ever been a Hawk whose game I hated more than Gustafsson. And that dumb open-mouth stare of his. Bowman's continued practice of reacquiring former players is another indictment of his.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

FFS! I don't think there has ever been a Hawk whose game I hated more than Gustafsson. And that dumb open-mouth stare of his. Bowman's continued practice of reacquiring former players is another indictment of his.

Today @ 5:57 PM ET
Hawks set to sign Gustafsson who was released from his PTO with the Islanders. Yes, Erik Gustafsson.
- Theo Fox

Confirmed. Gustafsson returns for a year at $800K.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:04 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

Assuming he plays on Wednesday, how long will it take for him to fall down at blue line, leading to a breakaway?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Shame about Colin Delia, I wanted him to work out here.

I doubt Erik Gustafsson has gotten better since he left.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:28 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

Oh come the fuck on. This guy again?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:29 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Same feeling about Delia, but he turned out to be only an AHL guy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

He could be worse…

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He can score and is useful on the PP. While I'm not a huge fan of his you can bury him on the 3rd pairing and spot use him for those offensive opportunities. I figure they trade De Haan and his cement shoes before the wheels are up for CO. He does absolutely nothing for me. Caleb is also out for a few months so this might just be a depth thing. It is pretty irritating that Stan drafted so many god damn D men and none of them have done shit yet except the one he traded away that he probably didn't have to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
He can score and is useful on the PP. While I'm not a huge fan of his you can bury him on the 3rd pairing and spot use him for those offensive opportunities. I figure they trade De Haan and his cement shoes before the wheels are up for CO. He does absolutely nothing for me. Caleb is also out for a few months so this might just be a depth thing. It is pretty irritating that Stan drafted so many god damn D men and none of them have done shit yet except the one he traded away that he probably didn't have to.

I like De Haan. I think he is a solid defensive d-man, one of the few they had last year. I am glad they totally overhauled and got rid of the Euro midget core and added some size. I am not sure what to think of Gustafsson coming back. We do need someone to initiate the offence but at what cost on the other end is he worth it. Something tells me if he didnt make the other team in his tryout that is not a good sign. No downside here and he may turn out to be short term filler until Jones is back healthy