pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Wow, what a bold statement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
KDdidit wrote:
Wow, what a bold statement.

Key point that stands out:

Quote:
The problem is that Bowman doesn't have a plan. It's been bad for a LONG time. There are red flags everywhere. The fact that not a single first round pick under Stan Bowman has been able to develop to a point where the Blackhawks were able to give them a second contract. How about how the Blackhawks haven't drafted and developed a defenseman that can play in the NHL since Nik Hjalmarsson. How about how you can say the same thing about the goaltending? How about how he traded a guy who plays good minutes for Buffalo (Jokiharju has been hurt, but he's a nice player) for guy who couldn't make an NHL roster out of camp even though the Blackhawks kept 15 forwards on the team. Danault traded for nothing. Saad for nothing. Forsling for nothing. Let Duclair walk for nothing. Teravainen as a fucking throw in because he had to get rid of another bad contract. It's been a fucking DECADE of bad moves and bad contracts. Stan Bowman somehow convinced Rocky and Danny that all these red flags and failures were someone else's fault. He probably flashes those Cup rings that were gifted to him by Mike Smith, Dale Tallon, and Joel Quenneville and the with his index finger points at the next guy to blame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Didn't they have a front office shake up this past offseason? I am not sure he is fired unless his dad passes away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
Didn't they have a front office shake up this past offseason? I am not sure he is fired unless his dad passes away.

By FO shake-up they mean a firing of those who Stan blamed for his own failure. None of it matters so long as Stan remains in charge of hockey ops.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Stan never had an eye for talent, he just rode the wave of Tallon's scouting skills and players, who was a great scout but bad at paper work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

By FO shake-up they mean a firing of those who Stan blamed for his own failure. None of it matters so long as Stan remains in charge of hockey ops.
If they really wanted a shake up, they should have brought in Bruce Rauner.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:51 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Stan never had an eye for talent, he just rode the wave of Tallon's scouting skills and players, who was a great scout but bad at paper work.

I don't meant to pat myself on the back, but I think I had the best hockey thought in board history, in that Dale Tallon deserved credit for all the rings over everyone else. It's a shame that so many knowledgeable Hawks fans failed to see it until now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:53 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don't meant to pat myself on the back, but I think I had the best hockey thought in board history, in that Dale Tallon deserved credit for all the rings over everyone else. It's a shame that so many knowledgeable Hawks fans failed to see it until now.

Really? I thought it was widely accepted that Tallon was the one that built that dynasty.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:04 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Really? I thought it was widely accepted that Tallon was the one that built that dynasty.

Nope. Lots of the hockey posters that actually know about hockey said he wasn't good because he didn't win a lot in Florida.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Barstool guys just figured it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:08 pm 

Let's see Tallon assembled 4 Hall of Famers

Patrick Kane
Duncan Keith
Marian Hossa
Jonathan Toews(Toews probably doesn't get in, but he played like a HOF caliber player during the 3 cup runs so we are counting it...)

You are going to win alot of fucking games with 4 HOF players. And I'm not even counting Hammer and Seabrook. Aquired by Tallon.. What did Stan actually do?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The pieces have always been in place for dipshit Stan. Pretty much anyone they got that was any damn good was the result of some good deep scouting. Most of his picks have been horrible and its been throw ins in trades or free agent pick ups that have surprised. The Cat is probably the only pick stan can hang his hat on.