It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
FrankDrebin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Toews was trending on twitter.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/blackhawks ... other-team

I don't know what ligma sports is but they say he demanded a trade. I don't see it anywhere else yet. Also saying "Numerous sources telling me a blockbuster trade has been agreed to which will be sending Chicago forward Patrick Kane to the New York Rangers more to follow. "

That has to happen in the off-season, if true; trade deadline already passed.

I don't know why the Hawks did not have conversations with Kane and Toews a month ago explaining the direction of the team. Give them enough time to want to be traded. They could have retained 50% on Kane for the next 2 seasons and even took back a contract for a very nice return. Both Florida and Colorado were trying to get Giroux (Florida acquired him). How would Kane have looked on either team? They could of had him for 2 playoff runs. Colorado has this season and next before they are going to have to resign Mackinnon for 12+ million. The time to take advantage of his bargain contract is now. Opportunity lost.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Ya, the deadline is long gone. I can't imagine they have a trade worked out for the offseason. It would be cool to see Kaner with the Avs but I am fine with him staying and I am fine with them getting rid of Jones and fixing Stan's monumental fuck up.

Good luck with your future team Toews. You are bottom 6 at best now. If you weren't on such a shitbag team that would be far more apparent. I love Hagel and I watched him play for Tampa and while its only been 2 games he does not stand out like he did here. That is probably because everyone on Tampa works and everyone is good. The hawks have had a problem with talent and effort for years.

He's basically playing as a John Madden-type player now. Bottom six guy who still plays above-defense and still scores an occasional goal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Toews was trending on twitter.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/blackhawks ... other-team

I don't know what ligma sports is but they say he demanded a trade. I don't see it anywhere else yet. Also saying "Numerous sources telling me a blockbuster trade has been agreed to which will be sending Chicago forward Patrick Kane to the New York Rangers more to follow. "

That has to happen in the off-season, if true; trade deadline already passed.

I don't know why the Hawks did not have conversations with Kane and Toews a month ago explaining the direction of the team. Give them enough time to want to be traded. They could have retained 50% on Kane for the next 2 seasons and even took back a contract for a very nice return. Both Florida and Colorado were trying to get Giroux (Florida acquired him). How would Kane have looked on either team? They could of had him for 2 playoff runs. Colorado has this season and next before they are going to have to resign Mackinnon for 12+ million. The time to take advantage of his bargain contract is now. Opportunity lost.

Kane might want to stay here for the rest of his career, rebuild be damned. You can't get anything for Toews with that contract.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Kane might want to stay here for the rest of his career, rebuild be damned. You can't get anything for Toews with that contract.

I hope you're wrong about that. Kane needs to be in the playoffs not with this forgettable team. Do you know he is on a 100-point pace this season?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Kane is a UFA after next season, so if the Hawks are gonna get anything for him, they had better do it ASAP.

As far as the Rangers rumors go, he and Panarin reuniting could be the difference maker for a Rangers Cup win next season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Ya, the deadline is long gone. I can't imagine they have a trade worked out for the offseason. It would be cool to see Kaner with the Avs but I am fine with him staying and I am fine with them getting rid of Jones and fixing Stan's monumental fuck up.

Good luck with your future team Toews. You are bottom 6 at best now. If you weren't on such a shitbag team that would be far more apparent. I love Hagel and I watched him play for Tampa and while its only been 2 games he does not stand out like he did here. That is probably because everyone on Tampa works and everyone is good. The hawks have had a problem with talent and effort for years.

He's basically playing as a John Madden-type player now. Bottom six guy who still plays above-defense and still scores an occasional goal.

I've been saying this for over 5 years now. You can't have $20 million of your cap on 2 players where one of them plays like a 3rd line center. Many have not wanted to admit it, but I'm sorry...Toews has been a shell of the $10 Million Toews for far too many years.

Kane has earned the right to get what he wants...if he wants to win....send him away. If he wants to stay....fine. That at least gives the team one bright spot.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I heard the radio call of most of the first period as Hawks @ Ducks before I fell asleep, along with the last three minutes when I woke up for a second. I thought that Ross did reasonably well for an under-25 year old PBP guy, and Nick O was ok but talked over the call a bit (good TV vs Radio calls have different requirements).

If John W. and hopefully Troy get the TV assignment next year, I could live with these two on the radio call.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Ross has good enthusiasm considering those games had nobody listening because it's midnight and the Hawks are going nowhere, but he over-enunciates so much it makes my ears hurt. "THIS is BLACKhawks HOCKey on WGN-uh!". He sounds like a cross between Professor Frink and HHH.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Why aren't they trying to get Judd Sirott back out of Boston for the TV job? Does he not want to come back?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Why aren't they trying to get Judd Sirott back out of Boston for the TV job? Does he not want to come back?

Maybe not. Boston has equally shitty weather and taxes but at least the Bruins are a good team that people care about there. and let's face it, the Hawks haven't exactly treated their announcers great over the years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:28 am 

Kane, Debrincat, and Strome are the only reason to somewhat pay attention to this team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:53 am 

Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Maybe not. Boston has equally shitty weather and taxes but at least the Bruins are a good team that people care about there. and let's face it, the Hawks haven't exactly treated their announcers great over the years.

Not to mention, the Blackhawks as an organization still look like a train wreck. Boston will likely remain a better place to work for the foreseeable future.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yikes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:11 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Yikes

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Both Saturday and Monday, Double-yikes.

MY BIL is from Buffalo. When the hawks went up 3-0 he sent a whiney text. I responded with a reminder it is the HAWK and the game is far from over. He texted back this morning saying yeah he should not have bailed :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
DAC wrote:
Kane, Debrincat, and Strome are the only reason to somewhat pay attention to this team.

Will watch a few minutes every now and then just to catch a bit of Foley's last season, but will be absolutely no reason to watch this team next year or for the next few years, they are well positioned for a long stretch in NHL hell.

The only thing that was interesting to me was the amount of empty seats, the franchise has either hit or is close to rock bottom.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I heard the radio call of most of the first period as Hawks @ Ducks before I fell asleep, along with the last three minutes when I woke up for a second. I thought that Ross did reasonably well for an under-25 year old PBP guy, and Nick O was ok but talked over the call a bit (good TV vs Radio calls have different requirements).

If John W. and hopefully Troy get the TV assignment next year, I could live with these two on the radio call.

When I was a child our parents would let my brother and me listen to the call of Lloyd Petit on the radio at bedtime (not that rock and roll nonsense on WLS or WCFL mind you) and that, and WGN Cubs game, are the foundation of my sports bedrock.

I can't remember, did Petit do the games by himself? Don't think there was really "color" or "analyst" position back then...anyone remember?

Hope Troy Murray is doing well, he is a hell of a guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:53 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
*Pettit

I know better, and I suck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:04 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
DAC wrote:

Will watch a few minutes every now and then just to catch a bit of Foley's last season, but will be absolutely no reason to watch this team next year or for the next few years, they are well positioned for a long stretch in NHL hell.

The only thing that was interesting to me was the amount of empty seats, the franchise has either hit or is close to rock bottom.

The last time I watched the Hawks with any regularity was when they were in the playoffs against Edmonton and Vegas. If I watch a game now it is because their opponent interests me. I still watch all their extended game highlights on Youtube and read and listen to podcasts about them though. Toronto, Carolina, Vancouver, and St Louis are the only teams whose full games I watch. That is until the playoffs start.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

I can't remember, did Petit do the games by himself? Don't think there was really "color" or "analyst" position back then...anyone remember?

My memory is Pettit was solo. But I could be mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't know what to say anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Spaulding wrote:
I don't know what to say anymore.

Nothing left to say. If it werent for Fleury image how much worse this would have been. Check back in 5 years from now. Maybe they will be on the rise then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
These fucking clowns just can not stop themselves from getting a TMMOI penalty every damn game if not period. I at least like that King will air them out for their bs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:19 pm 

These fucking clowns just can not stop themselves from getting a TMMOI penalty every damn game if not period. I at least like that King will air them out for their bs.

and I always thought that was a Quinneville thing :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I don't know who to blame for it. Kaner and Toews are the only players left from that group and there is just that one holdover coach so I guess its on him or the Athletic Trainer. Its absolutely mind blowing how they can not figure out how to get on and off the ice properly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:36 pm 

Tonight (while celebrating 1000 games of Toews by losing at home to the fucking Coyotes, at least as of the 2nd period) they announced two things regarding the broadcasts:

1) new TV voice of the Hawks is Chris Vosters. He looks about 19 years old and I can't remember a single significant thing about him amid the 700 hacks they've had doing games this year, but at least it's not the guy who sounds like a cross between Professor Frink and HHH.

2) one last Foley and Tallon broadcast together next Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Hopefully this doesn't suck. I don't know him either.

Hossa looks good. Sharp looks boring and Shaw looks like somebody I'd want to go to a game with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

I haven’t paid much attention to the Hawks or the broadcasting tryout fiasco this season, but I would not be surprised if Weideman is gone after next season - if not before. The team already stated that he is not getting the gig, and Weideman is apparently doing some national stuff that he will have to be subbed for.

I didn’t realize Weideman was already 60+, so it appears the Hawks want to go younger and most likely, cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Minooka Meatball wrote:

I haven’t paid much attention to the Hawks or the broadcasting tryout fiasco this season, but I would not be surprised if Weideman is gone after next season - if not before. The team already stated that he is not getting the gig, and Weideman is apparently doing some national stuff that he will have to be subbed for.

I didn’t realize Weideman was already 60+, so it appears the Hawks want to go younger and most likely, cheaper.

Well, if Weideman gets one of the NHL Network or ESPN slots, I will miss him but I can't fault him for cashing out with a national TV gig.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caught a bit of the thing they did on Foley the other night, brought back a ton of great memories, a little too much Edzo driven for me, but guess he was the most logical guy for the job.

Did come to a few realizations while watching. The fact that Pat was the only way you could follow home games for years was and still is amazing, a sports franchise not showing home games was and will always be one of the strangest decisions of all time. He also did several years solo, he said he would tell them to crank up the crowd sound levels in an attempt to give some type of representation to how loud the old Chicago Stadium would get at times, also remember plenty of Sunday night home games where it seemed, at least on an AM clock radio, that they had an ice level mic behind one of the nets because you would hear the sound of skates and pings off the goal post at times.

Still think Pat and Dale were the best pairing because Dale brought a much more Canadian type analysis than Edzo's NHL on NBC "everyone is a superstar" type half ass analysis.

In his prime Foley was great at giving you a feel for the moment by recognizing when to change tone and cadence to match the importance of moments or plays in the game, this was especially true in the playoffs. You could tell exactly how the game was going by how he called the game.

The team is becoming almost as irrelevant as it was when he first started.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next