It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, it's weird when people are like "at 20 years old, he may as well have been a child! he wasn't even old enough to legally drink!" Yes, hockey players, who don't touch alcohol until age 21.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, it's weird when people are like "at 20 years old, he may as well have been a child! he wasn't even old enough to legally drink!" Yes, hockey players, who don't touch alcohol until age 21.

At age 20, he was the exact same age that Kaner had his infamous Buffalo cab ride and I'm pretty sure no one argued Kane didn't have agency there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:31 pm 

Like I said, it's sad that this is what it took for Deadspin fake and real not to vilify a hockey player. Where are those old Fels quotes, by the way?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:39 pm 

Coach Q deserves better than this. Beach was literally never even one of his players, spent 0 days on the Blackhawks roster. The black ace squad never even practiced with the regular squad and would only take the ice after the team left. Q would've had pretty much no contact with Beach during the time this happened.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Bernstein really wants this to be Penn States. It's not Penn State, no matter how much he wants it to be. Penn State was an adult predator preying on kids who had no means of defending themselves and were from underprivileged homes where no family could back them. This was a case of a 5'5 queer and a 6'3 pro athlete with the full ability to kick his ass.

Again, the real failure by the Hawks was the fact they let him get a job somewhere else where he could victimize kids ala Sandusky. The queer should've been blackballed from hockey and getting any job. Although, I guess the "hockey is for everyone" crowd would probably take issue with that.

The Blackhawks actions actually led to an intern and child being sexually assaulted. I imagine there are others who are afraid to come forward. Beach wasn't his first victim.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Bernstein really wants this to be Penn States. It's not Penn State, no matter how much he wants it to be. Penn State was an adult predator preying on kids who had no means of defending themselves and were from underprivileged homes where no family could back them. This was a case of a 5'5 queer and a 6'3 pro athlete with the full ability to kick his ass.

Again, the real failure by the Hawks was the fact they let him get a job somewhere else where he could victimize kids ala Sandusky. The queer should've been blackballed from hockey and getting any job. Although, I guess the "hockey is for everyone" crowd would probably take issue with that.

The Blackhawks actions actually led to an intern and child being sexually assaulted. I imagine there are others who are afraid to come forward. Beach wasn't his first victim.

I'm saying that is where the real accountability should fall on the Blackhawks. They should've made sure Aldrich never got a job in hockey again, but again I'm sure doing so probably gets them condemned by gay rights groups who have players put rainbow tape on their stick annually because "hOcKeY iS fOr EvErYoNe"

The suits from those victims down the pipeline deserve to be paid out well into the 7 figures.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
If Q is fired maybe the Hawks could rehire him to replace Coliton.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
If Q is fired maybe the Hawks could rehire him to replace Coliton.

they never would... but they absolutely should

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Q out in Florida per source.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Like I said, it's sad that this is what it took for Deadspin fake and real not to vilify a hockey player. Where are those old Fels quotes, by the way?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:17 pm 

Ooh, bet McClure wants that one back

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Curious Hair wrote:
Ooh, bet McClure wants that one back

Stinkfingers?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Coach Q deserves better than this. Beach was literally never even one of his players, spent 0 days on the Blackhawks roster. The black ace squad never even practiced with the regular squad and would only take the ice after the team left. Q would've had pretty much no contact with Beach during the time this happened.

He coached for another decade and won 3 Cups since then, he probably got more than he deserved.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 pm 

I hope everyone finds someone or something in their life that they love and defend like Ogie does the Blackhawks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:28 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I hope everyone finds someone or something in their life that they love and defend like Ogie does the Blackhawks.

Just part of his schtick here. Tim Anderson could murder someone on the infield during a game and he would argue the person deserved it :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Coach Q seems like a decent guy. I don't like this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Just part of his schtick here. Tim Anderson could murder someone on the infield during a game and he would argue the person deserved it :lol:

The Omar Vizquel thing is still out there for the Sox organ-i-zation...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:51 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Coach Q seems like a decent guy. I don't like this.

The sad thing is that Quenneville's greatness as a coach didn't come from being a genius tactician -- he outsmarted himself as often as he didn't in search of catching mismatches -- but rather from being someone who had the respect of his players. Yes, the players were already very good, whether that was Chris Pronger or Patrick Kane, but he got a lot out of people through mutual trust, and now it's a breach of trust that is probably going to get him stricken from the record books as if he never happened.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Q resigned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Good job letting Q coach a game first Panthers.

Kevin Cheveldayoff come on down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
KDdidit wrote:
Good job letting Q coach a game first Panthers.

Kevin Cheveldayoff come on down.

Yep, his table is ready.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Coach Q, Beach, and Aldrich were all Blackhawks employees. Aldrich violated both team policy and committed a crime. Coach Q is his direct supervisor. It doesn’t matter if he couldn’t pick Beach out of a photo lineup. It was his responsibility at that point to follow team policy and legal guidelines and prevent other employees from similar actions by Aldrich. This isn’t a Hockey issue, it is an employment issue.

Your comment is tantamount to saying that if the VP of marketing sexually assaulted the staff accountant, the SVP of marketing would have no responsibility for controlling or managing or disciplining the situation because the SVP of marketing never met the staff accountant. Sounds pretty dumb doesn’t it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Q wanted no part of this distraction and it has to be extremely frustrating to have it pop up during your Cup run. Shit happens though and you have to deal with it. All he had to do to completely absolve himself from it was to report it to HR even if Pope McDonough and Father Bowman firmly stood against it. Then the shitbag video coach goes on leave until after the Parade and Beach doesn't get drug through the mud for years. Once you know, you have to act. This is his own damn fault.

Let us now fast forward a few years to the suicide of the assistant equipment manager. That has had a giant lid put on it ever since it happened. Was this guy part of something?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:36 pm 

Quenneville is de facto banned for life. Kinda sucks, huh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:43 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quenneville is de facto banned for life. Kinda sucks, huh.

Let’s assume the sex was consensual.

Even in that situation I would have to believe that a coach having a sexual relationship with a player was forbidden in many ways by company policy. So even in a consensual situation Q should have disciplined/placed Aldrich on administrative leave.

Q is not a victim here, he was a shitty manager of the employees under his direct control. I can understand Q not wanting to deal with this, but that is what the paychecks are for.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 pm 

One Post wrote:
Q is not a victim here, he was a shitty manager of the employees under his direct control. I can understand Q not wanting to deal with this, but that is what the paychecks are for.

Yes and no. A professional sports team doesn't run under a tidy org chart like a real business. So Q said "I can't deal with this shit." Maybe he should have been able to as part of his job, yeah. But most middle managers aren't tasked with winning the Stanley Cup. There were other people in management who easily could have dealt with that shit. What was Kevin Cheveldayoff doing with his day in June? What assistant-general-managing did the team need? Why couldn't anyone above Q have let him deal with his specific duties and handled this instead?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:54 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Coach Q, Beach, and Aldrich were all Blackhawks employees. Aldrich violated both team policy and committed a crime. Coach Q is his direct supervisor. It doesn’t matter if he couldn’t pick Beach out of a photo lineup. It was his responsibility at that point to follow team policy and legal guidelines and prevent other employees from similar actions by Aldrich. This isn’t a Hockey issue, it is an employment issue.

Your comment is tantamount to saying that if the VP of marketing sexually assaulted the staff accountant, the SVP of marketing would have no responsibility for controlling or managing or disciplining the situation because the SVP of marketing never met the staff accountant. Sounds pretty dumb doesn’t it?

If you think Q was his direct supervisor, then you don't know how the Hawks have worked. Q has had little to no control over who his assistants are as evidenced by guys like Kompon, Haviland, and Torchetti being forced under him. I think the only assistant who was truly a Q guy was Kevin Dineen. Aldrich was someone who was hired when Savard was still the coach.

As for reporting it, Q was among the last to find out per the report. They called Q into a meeting to inform him of it after everyone under McCub had already met so considering the fact the team President is aware and calling a meeting, it's in his hands at that point and the Q's. The biggest organizational failure here falls entirely on McCub as he was the most senior person in the organization under Rocky and it was up to him how this was handled. Q simply didn't want to be bothered with personnel matters when he was called into a meeting literally minutes after clinching the Western Conference. He deferred to the group in the organization that was supposed to handle it but didn't.

Anyone who followed the Hawks back then knows how little say Q had outside of the bench. By 2010 it was 100% Stan and McCub calling shots that weren't the lines or on ice strategy. Something we saw with personnel moves when Q had to find out his favorite player (Hjalmarsson) was traded from the media.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
One Post wrote:

Yes and no. A professional sports team doesn't run under a tidy org chart like a real business. So Q said "I can't deal with this shit." Maybe he should have been able to as part of his job, yeah. But most middle managers aren't tasked with winning the Stanley Cup. There were other people in management who easily could have dealt with that shit. What was Kevin Cheveldayoff doing with his day in June? What assistant-general-managing did the team need? Why couldn't anyone above Q have let him deal with his specific duties and handled this instead?

Even if sports teams were run under an org chart, the Blackhawks org chart would've had Stan and McCub towering over everything as they ran hockey ops like a dictatorship (something that never should have happened as McCub never should have been anywhere near hockey ops)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If you think Q was his direct supervisor, then you don't know how the Hawks have worked. Q has had little to no control over who his assistants are as evidenced by guys like Kompon, Haviland, and Torchetti being forced under him. I think the only assistant who was truly a Q guy was Kevin Dineen.

Kitchen was his guy, and then that last batch of assistants was when Bowman let him build his own staff. Gave him enough rope, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If you think Q was his direct supervisor, then you don't know how the Hawks have worked. Q has had little to no control over who his assistants are as evidenced by guys like Kompon, Haviland, and Torchetti being forced under him. I think the only assistant who was truly a Q guy was Kevin Dineen.

Kitchen was his guy, and then that last batch of assistants was when Bowman let him build his own staff. Gave him enough rope, I guess.

I'd say Kitchen, Dineen, and Samuelsson were the only assistants (and he had a long list of them) who were hired by his choice, but Dineen was his true confidant. Every other assistant was pretty much as loyal to him as Don Cooper was to Ozzie Guillen and if you know that story, you know that means spy for management

Kitchen was fired by Stan against Q's wishes as well. That should've been the warning sign to Q that his days were coming to an end. Happened around the time of the dumb Hjalmarsson and Panarin trades

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next