It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:35 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Curious Hair wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Coach Q seems like a decent guy. I don't like this.

The sad thing is that Quenneville's greatness as a coach didn't come from being a genius tactician -- he outsmarted himself as often as he didn't in search of catching mismatches -- but rather from being someone who had the respect of his players. Yes, the players were already very good, whether that was Chris Pronger or Patrick Kane, but he got a lot out of people through mutual trust, and now it's a breach of trust that is probably going to get him stricken from the record books as if he never happened.

This likely won’t be an opinion well-liked, but here goes: Aldrich is a pedo. We all know that…now. Did the Hawks know that at the time? Likely not. They probably did know he was gay, and maybe weird, but that’s about it. That said, 20 year old, NHL player Beach agrees to meet with (low-level coach) Aldrich at Aldrich’s house. Aldrich blows him. Beach apparently doesn’t fight back. At some point later, Beach claims he was assaulted. Now, at that time, given those circumstances, what do you do? I’d put Aldrich on leave pending investigation - which should be swift - but all things considered at that time, this isn’t Joe Blow Gym Coach doing 14 year old Johnny. It’s a little more complicated. And no one seems interested in exploring that aspect of this case. Me? At 20, as a pro athlete, if some bottom feeder coach tries to blow me, I don’t allow it to happen, then cry rape. But again, minority opinion. And I guess I hate victims.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Spaulding wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
read the affidavit.

the blackhawks 'investigated' the alleged claim of sexual assault and got 3 conflicting stories..from the video coach, john doe and a female 3rd party; who was in the presence of both men at the bar and the condo. the club couldn't just take john doe at his word and fire the video coach and approach the authorities. the video coach may have sued the club for sexual discrimination based on his sexual orientation. he was under contract.

i agree that the hockey club royally messed this up by not further investigating while putting the video coach on paid leave. i believe that's what they should have done. they further goofed when they gave the video coach the option to resign or deal with a further investigation for his continued employment. the video coach chose the predator option - move on to new fertile ground.

no doubt the club messed up after the initial investigation. why didn't john doe go to the authorities on his own?

I read that report or as much as I could pay attention to and I took away what enigma did. It wasn't real clear to me if the Blackhawks were aware something physical happened or not.

correct, i agree with you. this is the assault part. the hockey club also had to be wondering why john doe didn't independently go to the authorities with the assault allegation. the hawks started this well (investigated, interviewed all, including 3rd party witness) and then this turned into a shipwreck. even with no proof or flimsy proof of a sexual assault, the fact that a 20 y/o player is hanging out at bars and then back for a nightcap with a coach - they had to keep their foot on the pedal investigating the conflict of interest relationship.

as far as the sexual harassment part and subsequent bullying/shaming...the hockey club messed this up. the video coach's position - mngt/employee, this is an automatic firing..contract dissolved. they ended up giving the video coach a way out - no investigation if you resign. that is really damning.

all in all, due to callousness or contempt or inertia, mid to upper levels of management spectacularly failed with this and they will pay a heavy career price, the club a heavy punitive price along with the shame of allowing this guy to move on and abuse others.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:18 am 

pizza_Place: joes pizza
yea i see

Last edited by moonpies on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:21 am 

pizza_Place: joes pizza
coach q is out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:35 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wonder if the Hawks were hesitant to go forward more aggressively originally because they perceived it to be 2 gay guys spatting. Afraid of harassment of a minority. by the Hawks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Opie wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

The sad thing is that Quenneville's greatness as a coach didn't come from being a genius tactician -- he outsmarted himself as often as he didn't in search of catching mismatches -- but rather from being someone who had the respect of his players. Yes, the players were already very good, whether that was Chris Pronger or Patrick Kane, but he got a lot out of people through mutual trust, and now it's a breach of trust that is probably going to get him stricken from the record books as if he never happened.

This likely won’t be an opinion well-liked, but here goes: Aldrich is a pedo. We all know that…now. Did the Hawks know that at the time? Likely not. They probably did know he was gay, and maybe weird, but that’s about it. That said, 20 year old, NHL player Beach agrees to meet with (low-level coach) Aldrich at Aldrich’s house. Aldrich blows him. Beach apparently doesn’t fight back. At some point later, Beach claims he was assaulted. Now, at that time, given those circumstances, what do you do? I’d put Aldrich on leave pending investigation - which should be swift - but all things considered at that time, this isn’t Joe Blow Gym Coach doing 14 year old Johnny. It’s a little more complicated. And no one seems interested in exploring that aspect of this case. Me? At 20, as a pro athlete, if some bottom feeder coach tries to blow me, I don’t allow it to happen, then cry rape. But again, minority opinion. And I guess I hate victims.

This is exactly what happened. There's a lot of fake pearl clutching happening because that's standard protocol in 2021. Poor Danny Bernstein can't bring himself to watch Blackhawk hockey anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:22 am 

maybe as part of a background check they should get an updated listing of nambla members.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Nardi wrote:
Opie wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

This is exactly what happened. There's a lot of fake pearl clutching happening because that's standard protocol in 2021. Poor Danny Bernstein can't bring himself to watch Blackhawk hockey anymore.

Not that I think Opie is interpreting the timeline from the report properly on the knowledge of a physical assault during the 2010 management meeting, but he is right about Aldrich being put on leave pending investigation. That would have been the advice given even in 2010 by counsel. I could see Q pushing back (as he did allegedly in the meeting) and, maybe, counsel, saying, "OK, let him stay on the job for now, but zero contact with players in or out of the building, or else he is gone."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
blackhawksfan wrote:
They probably did know he was gay, and maybe weird, but that’s about it. That said, 20 year old, NHL player Beach agrees to meet with (low-level coach) Aldrich at Aldrich’s house. Aldrich blows him. Beach apparently doesn’t fight back. At some point later, Beach claims he was assaulted.

And were those claims suddenly made after he was being mocked by teammates for being a homo?

It's a little more complicated than just "The Hawks are evil." Should organizations police the sex lives of employees? Maybe only of gay employees?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
They probably did know he was gay, and maybe weird, but that’s about it. That said, 20 year old, NHL player Beach agrees to meet with (low-level coach) Aldrich at Aldrich’s house. Aldrich blows him. Beach apparently doesn’t fight back. At some point later, Beach claims he was assaulted.

And were those claims suddenly made after he was being mocked by teammates for being a homo?

It's a little more complicated than just "The Hawks are evil." Should organizations police the sex lives of employees? Maybe only of gay employees?

Pretty sure they were made before based on all accounts. The teasing started after the Hawks leaked it

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:39 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If you think Q was his direct supervisor, then you don't know how the Hawks have worked. Q has had little to no control over who his assistants are as evidenced by guys like Kompon, Haviland, and Torchetti being forced under him. I think the only assistant who was truly a Q guy was Kevin Dineen.

Kitchen was his guy, and then that last batch of assistants was when Bowman let him build his own staff. Gave him enough rope, I guess.

I'd say Kitchen, Dineen, and Samuelsson were the only assistants (and he had a long list of them) who were hired by his choice, but Dineen was his true confidant. Every other assistant was pretty much as loyal to him as Don Cooper was to Ozzie Guillen and if you know that story, you know that means spy for management

Kitchen was fired by Stan against Q's wishes as well. That should've been the warning sign to Q that his days were coming to an end. Happened around the time of the dumb Hjalmarsson and Panarin trades

In other words, anyone who wasn't ex-Hartford was a spy.

I know about Coop. I think Baines and Boston were spies, too. I feel like more coaches were than weren't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I hope your business retains a good employment lawyer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Would one of the players not looking for attention explain why they were taunting him with gay slurs? I can't imagine they would do that if they knew he was assaulted. I can absolutely imagine that if he were caught doing some shit with a teammate in juniors or some rando after one of his epic nights of drinking. Why didn't they say shit to the coach if they knew he was on the other end of the encounter. There is no way the players would stand for a guy thats openly known to blow players to be on that staff.

The cancel crew is acting like each player was presented with a 150 page document providing them with all the background and details of this story in 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The players called him a homo because he received head from a nerd half his size. No one would believe he was assaulted because any one else in that room would've fought themselves out of that situation. I mean Patrick Kane fought himself out of a taxi cab over $.20 so someone much larger than him like Beach should've been able to fight his way out of that situation unless he wanted to be there. At least that's how the locker room would understandably perceive it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They would have treated the coach the exact same way then and it appears that they did not. He had to have had a history of doing this. He shouldn't even been around this coach that much since he was only with the team in camp and after the season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Is it true Scotty Bowman asked for a blumpkin?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The players called him a homo because he received head from a nerd half his size. No one would believe he was assaulted because any one else in that room would've fought themselves out of that situation. I mean Patrick Kane fought himself out of a taxi cab over $.20 so someone much larger than him like Beach should've been able to fight his way out of that situation unless he wanted to be there. At least that's how the locker room would understandably perceive it.

Power isn't always about size and brute strength. Terry Crews talked about a powerful money guy grabbing his dick at a party and him not only being afraid to beat the crap out of the guy, but also being afraid to say anything about it. The illusion of power and influence gives people more control than you can imagine. MANY 20 year old people with Beach's life experience would have done the same thing. Maybe even you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Peter Puck wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I hope your business retains a good employment lawyer.

You avoid needing a lawyer when you hire people. The only time I've ever had a dispute with an employee was when a dumbfuck partner convinced me to hire someone I knew would be a problem.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. Is your position that co-workers should not be allowed to have relationships outside the workplace? Beyond being impossible to enforce without needing the lawyer you seem so eager to avoid, It's simply an absurd and untenable position. And I'm guessing many of us posting here would not even exist if such a policy had been enforced or enforceable. I know I wouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:18 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Power isn't always about size and brute strength. Terry Crews talked about a powerful money guy grabbing his dick at a party and him not only being afraid to beat the crap out of the guy, but also being afraid to say anything about it. The illusion of power and influence gives people more control than you can imagine. MANY 20 year old people with Beach's life experience would have done the same thing. Maybe even you.

I think that's the only story that makes sense if you believe that it wasn't consensual. It isn't a stretch to think some dopey hockey player would actually believe that a low level coach could convince the club to throw away it's first round pick because the player refused to allow himself to be sodomized.

This would never happen in the NBA. You've gotta give to those teenagers. They have swagger. "You're gonna end my career? Ha! Fiuck you. I'm getting you fired and when I'm finished I'm going after Popp."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
blackhawksfan wrote:
Is it true Scotty Bowman asked for a blumpkin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGKHvQKVqzA

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I think that's the only story that makes sense if you believe that it wasn't consensual. It isn't a stretch to think some dopey hockey player would actually believe that a low level coach could convince the club to throw away it's first round pick because the player refused to allow himself to be sodomized.

This would never happen in the NBA. You've gotta give to those teenagers. They have swagger. "You're gonna end my career? Ha! Fiuck you. I'm getting you fired and when I'm finished I'm going after Popp."

No it isn't...Beach was a "Black Ace" who had only played a few games with the Ice Hogs at that point. Not a stretch at all to imagine someone competing for his spot doing him harm in practice with influence from a strength coach.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I haven't completely closed the door on it being a sexual encounter that was regretted. However, there are MANY more things that screams that it wasn't.

You grew up in the Catholic Church, you know most people would prefer to pretend that it never happen or even blame themselves for it being consensual. A man daring to claim that he was sexually assaulted takes courage. A large man claiming that he was sexually assaulted by a small man takes even more courage.

Their egos are through the roof by the time they reach the NBA. There are definitely kids all over America being sexually assaulted on their AAU teams though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If this was a one off incident with the video coach, then I might be more skeptical. But the guy was later a proven sexual offender. So the balance of the evidence makes Beach believable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I haven't completely closed the door on it being a sexual encounter that was regretted. However, there are MANY more things that screams that it wasn't.

You grew up in the Catholic Church, you know most people would prefer to pretend that it never happen or even blame themselves for it being consensual. A man daring to claim that he was sexually assaulted takes courage. A large man claiming that he was sexually assaulted by a small man takes even more courage.

Their egos are through the roof by the time they reach the NBA. There are definitely kids all over America being sexually assaulted on their AAU teams though.

Yeah. Beach seems sincere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:10 am 

denisdman wrote:
If this was a one off incident with the video coach, then I might be more skeptical. But the guy was later a proven sexual offender. So the balance of the evidence makes Beach believable.

Yes, there is no reason to believe a word from the video coach. His track record has proven he is not trustworthy.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
It's so weird that they let him keep working, celebrating, then walking away clean.

I still think Aldrich had some dirt on other players and threatened to expose them if they fired him. Maybe Kaner drug stuff, women, something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
KDdidit wrote:
Good job letting Q coach a game first Panthers.

Kevin Cheveldayoff come on down.

No discipline for him. He’s free and clear.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:35 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
It's so weird that they let him keep working, celebrating, then walking away clean.

I still think Aldrich had some dirt on other players and threatened to expose them if they fired him. Maybe Kaner drug stuff, women, something.

I've been wondering about that myself. Seems plausible. And sick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
GoldenJet wrote:

That’s quite a leap. Likely they didn’t want this story getting out.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
get rid of the stupid racist logo, be the CHT for the remainder of the year. Then becum the Chicago Rhythmic Slapping Sounds (RSSs) going forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next