It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

Quote:
The Chicago Blackhawks are expected to hire Luke Richardson as the team's next head coach, a source confirmed to The Athletic Friday. Daily Face Off reporter Frank Seravalli first reported the news.

Derek King, who was the Blackhawks interim head coach last season, will be allowed to pursue other coaching opportunities, but the Blackhawks are open to him joining Richardson's staff if King and Richardson agree to that, according to a source familiar with discussions.

Richardson, 53, formerly played 21 seasons in the NHL before beginning his coaching career. He spent time as an assistant coach for the Senators, Islanders and Canadiens for a total of eight years. Richardson also spent four years as a head coach of the Binghamton Senators of the AHL.

Chicago finished the 2021-22 season with a 28-42 record.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
yay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
They actually finished with a 28-42-12, or 28-54 record. I can't stand when people ignore the OTL. If you're going to do that, you also have to ignore the OTW, in which case they were 16-42...which gives a truer picture of their shittiness.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jaw Breaker wrote:
They actually finished with a 28-42-12, or 28-54 record. I can't stand when people ignore the OTL. If you're going to do that, you also have to ignore the OTW, in which case they were 16-42...which gives a truer picture of their shittiness.

Yup. Foley used to always talk about teams being above .500 when they had more losses than wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm 

So whats the thought here? Solid hire?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:55 pm 

We should wait for Fels to let us know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Why the fuck is he wearing a mask?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:18 pm 

Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I always thought the best thing to do would be 1.5 points for a shootout win and .5 for a shootout loss. This way, the points standings are effectively an average of straight W-L and the old W-L-T. The idea that two overtime losses -- not even shootout losses but overtime losses -- are equal to one win is nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
RFDC wrote:

Sounds like it. Andrew Shaw had a lot of good things to say about him from his time in Montreal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The Division wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Sounds like it. Andrew Shaw had a lot of good things to say about him from his time in Montreal.

But is it even in the Hawks best interest if he does a good job? If the Hawks don't trade Debrincat, they'll go into the season with enough talent to be a middling, non-playoff team if they play hard and have a few players surprise. They'll be bad but not bad enough to have a realistic shot at a top 3 pick. There are 2 franchise players at the top of next year's draft and a 3rd that is not far behind. While the draft overall is said to be excellent and deep, the Hawks need to be in the mix for Bedard and that Russian wizard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:33 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:
RFDC wrote:

But is it even in the Hawks best interest if he does a good job? If the Hawks don't trade Debrincat, they'll go into the season with enough talent to be a middling, non-playoff team if they play hard and have a few players surprise. They'll be bad but not bad enough to have a realistic shot at a top 3 pick. There are 2 franchise players at the top of next year's draft and a 3rd that is not far behind. While the draft overall is said to be excellent and deep, the Hawks need to be in the mix for Bedard and that Russian wizard.

I'd say it depends on who's in goal and who's playing D as to whether or not they have a real shot at a top 3 pick.

But to answer your question, no, it is not in their best interest if they have a "good enough" season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:34 pm 

The Division wrote:

I'd say it depends on who's in goal and who's playing D as to whether or not they have a real shot at a top 3 pick.

But to answer your question, no, it is not in their best interest if they have a "good enough" season.

This is why I think the Hawks should take the cap dump and the big sweetner in Mrazek from Toronto. Go into the season with Mrazek and Lankinen/Delia. I'd love for them to trade Debrincat if they can get some blue chip prospects and then Kane and Toews would probably want to get traded at the deadline.

And I do feel a little vindicated with how Bowen Byram played in these playoffs. I always thought the Hawks should have drafted him instead of Dach. Makar got all the praise, and rightfully so, but Byram was DOMINANT at 5 on 5 against Tampa. With Makar and Byram anchoring the top 2 pairings, Colorado might even be better next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don’t think we’re going to see a good enough season for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
bernstein and holmes played this morning's eddie o interview from mully and haugh. 3 minutes of interview and then bernstein said 'awesome' - end of hockey talk. something tells me they don't really want to talk hockey.

olcyzk didn't tell me much about him. i remember him as a player, not much else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Richardson was a guy who was around a long time back when the league could accommodate lots of guys being around a long time. That's about all I remember.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
I don’t think we’re going to see a good enough season for a while.

Seth Jones with a 9.5 million cap hit through the 2029-30 season. Man that hurts.
Only one more year of the Toews contract.

Theoretically, if they don't do anything stupid they can live with Seth Jones being the only stupid contract. Unfortunately, I don't trust them not to do anything stupid.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
We don't really have a goalie or defense either so ya know...that's an issue. :lol:

I really enjoyed the playoffs this year but it really highlighted how bad we are. Moral and turnover is another thing. I don't know how much it will really effect the team but as a consumer I felt detached in a way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:16 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

Theoretically, if they don't do anything stupid they can live with Seth Jones being the only stupid contract. Unfortunately, I don't trust them not to do anything stupid.

:lol: :lol: Not only does the Jones contract have a full NMC, it is heavy with signing bonuses every season so that a traditional buyout offers very little cap savings. So let's review. Bowman gave up a shit ton to get him, gave him an 8-year contract making him the 5th highest-paid dman in the league, gave him a full no-movement clause AND structured his contract so that it is virtually buyout-proof. What the fuck was Bowman thinking?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:51 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

This is why I think the Hawks should take the cap dump and the big sweetner in Mrazek from Toronto. Go into the season with Mrazek and Lankinen/Delia. I'd love for them to trade Debrincat if they can get some blue chip prospects and then Kane and Toews would probably want to get traded at the deadline.

And I do feel a little vindicated with how Bowen Byram played in these playoffs. I always thought the Hawks should have drafted him instead of Dach. Makar got all the praise, and rightfully so, but Byram was DOMINANT at 5 on 5 against Tampa. With Makar and Byram anchoring the top 2 pairings, Colorado might even be better next year.

I think they may take on some crap contracts that are expiring in 1 or 2 years to flip at the trade deadline. They have plenty of cap space.

Regarding Byram: Was reading where Davidson said there wasn't consensus on picks and that some people were ignored, especially tied to that draft. Not sure Byram was their guy but it sounds like not everyone was down with the Dach choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:54 pm 

DAC wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Not only does the Jones contract have a full NMC, it is heavy with signing bonuses every season so that a traditional buyout offers very little cap savings. So let's review. Bowman gave up a shit ton to get him, gave him an 8-year contract making him the 5th highest-paid dman in the league, gave him a full no-movement clause AND structured his contract so that it is virtually buyout-proof. What the fuck was Bowman thinking?

Well, if they ate some of that contract (I know, a lot to eat and for a long time) and there was a team that needs a RDH (apparently, they are in short supply? I really had no idea on this), assuming he'd waive, a trade could get done. Or, if a team needed a RHD and to get to the cap floor...

Not impossible to trade him but very, very unlikely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:38 am 

The Division wrote:
Regarding Byram: Was reading where Davidson said there wasn't consensus on picks and that some people were ignored, especially tied to that draft. Not sure Byram was their guy but it sounds like not everyone was down with the Dach choice.

I paid a lot of attention to the top 10 of that draft that year because I had several high picks on my fantasy team and because I was following the Hawks much more closely at the time. Hughes and Kakko were the obvious 1-2 picks but then it was a group of players in the next tier. Turcotte and Byram were most often the next players ranked by the experts and then you had Dach, Cozens, Podkolvin, and Zegras. Seider was a surprise at 6 and that has turned out to be a brilliant pick by Yzerman. I remember that I wanted Byram just because at the time it would have solidified the Hawks D core with Byram, Boqvist, Murphy, and a bunch of B-level prospects. I liked Turcotte over Dach and that might turn out to be a wash because both players look to be disappointments. I LOVED Zegras in that draft. I thought he was going to be the best value at his draft slot and he has turned out to be. Got him #10 in my main fantasy team and that was the easiest pick I've ever made.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
DAC wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

It's almost as if Bowman knew he was going to take the hit for the abuse scandal and said, "fuck all y'all!" :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:50 pm 

DAC wrote:
The Division wrote:

I paid a lot of attention to the top 10 of that draft that year because I had several high picks on my fantasy team and because I was following the Hawks much more closely at the time. Hughes and Kakko were the obvious 1-2 picks but then it was a group of players in the next tier. Turcotte and Byram were most often the next players ranked by the experts and then you had Dach, Cozens, Podkolvin, and Zegras. Seider was a surprise at 6 and that has turned out to be a brilliant pick by Yzerman. I remember that I wanted Byram just because at the time it would have solidified the Hawks D core with Byram, Boqvist, Murphy, and a bunch of B-level prospects. I liked Turcotte over Dach and that might turn out to be a wash because both players look to be disappointments. I LOVED Zegras in that draft. I thought he was going to be the best value at his draft slot and he has turned out to be. Got him #10 in my main fantasy team and that was the easiest pick I've ever made.

Do you still pay attention to the draft?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
The cat is gone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
DeBrincat gone to Ottawa for #7, #39, and a 2024 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
DeBrincat gone to Ottawa for #7, #39, and a 2024 3rd round pick.

What a shitty trade package... 40 goal scorer for a 1st and 2nd and future 3rd...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Pants are around their ankles. WTF, I could have negotiated that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm 

Sounded earlier that they were talking of trading Dach. I wonder if they do that or was it one or the other?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
He had to of panicked. This is fucking terrible. You are telling me the Devils would not of given up #2?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next