It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oilers 10/27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
How good or not good are the Oilers? Should we be getting killed or no? I can't decide here, help me out.

Post subject: Re: Oilers 10/27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:10 pm 

Kaner! He liked that one. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:12 pm 

I think someone forgot to tell this team that they are supposed to be bad

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:17 pm 

The effort is there. This is the most entertaining they've been in 5 years or so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
too bad, nearly got a guaranteed point and maybe more against a superior club. mcdavid was a one-man wrecking crew. mistakes will kill this club and lafferty made one in the 1st and toews in the 3rd and there you go. never thought much of mccabe, but i have to give him a pass on what mcdavid did to him. what a special player and still only in his mid 20s.

kusharev had a quiet game, while the jones bros. aren't helping as PP point-men. mediocre shots usually on target, but wrong plays or inaccurate passes and they get caught pinching. the oilers pressured the points whenever the hawks were on the PP. thought tinordi was good again, while old man johnson also played well. overall, not enough skill amongst the forwards, some of the d-men are spotty at crucial moments. add in the question marks in goal and we should be happy after the first 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Spaulding wrote:
How good or not good are the Oilers? Should we be getting killed or no? I can't decide here, help me out.

They are good offensively. Defensively and goaltending leave a lot to be desired. Certainly a good measuring stick for the Hawks. With all the penalties, hard to tell what the outcome means. I like it that they didn't get blown out, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:00 am 

Spaulding wrote:
The effort is there. This is the most entertaining they've been in 5 years or so.

This is for sure! Since I don't get much in the way of Chicago sports, I have been watching them ever since I've been in Houston. But this year, they at least have a chance in every game, it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:05 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
too bad, nearly got a guaranteed point and maybe more against a superior club. mcdavid was a one-man wrecking crew. mistakes will kill this club and lafferty made one in the 1st and toews in the 3rd and there you go. never thought much of mccabe, but i have to give him a pass on what mcdavid did to him. what a special player and still only in his mid 20s.

kusharev had a quiet game, while the jones bros. aren't helping as PP point-men. mediocre shots usually on target, but wrong plays or inaccurate passes and they get caught pinching. the oilers pressured the points whenever the hawks were on the PP. thought tinordi was good again, while old man johnson also played well. overall, not enough skill amongst the forwards, some of the d-men are spotty at crucial moments. add in the question marks in goal and we should be happy after the first 2 weeks.

Good thing is if guys like Domi and The Flying Greek keep on producing at an acceptable level, they can flip them at the TD for high(er) picks. The arrow is pointing up overall, though. As you said in your last sentence, I figured they be getting their brains beaten in night in and night out. Seems like they have a chance to win nearly every night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the jones bros. aren't helping as PP point-men. mediocre shots usually on target, but wrong plays or inaccurate passes and they get caught pinching. the oilers pressured the points whenever the hawks were on the PP.

winnipeg with the shorty - jones with a bad play at the point at a crucial moment. hawks played the jets well enough 5x5...but, they can't score. 3 PP goals for the jets and 1 shorty.