It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
RFDC wrote:
billypootons wrote:
sorry not a hockey guy, but watched his highlights.... is kane a fair comparison as far as prospect? small, quick, skilled etc...?

From the highlights I have watched he definitely has Kane like moments. I have also read Crosby comps.

Seems like a special kid.

Yeah, they're saying Crosby like.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It's not a deep draft. They could try to package to move up, but who'd bite?

Its not? Something I read yesterday said many of the 2nd round guys this year would be 1st rounders in other years.

Yup, me too. Hair's comments here strike me as rather curious. Looks like we all know more about hockey than he does!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I've heard a comp to Bobby Hull, also has a copy of Mein Kampf

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Curious Hair wrote:
It's not a deep draft. They could try to package to move up, but who'd bite?

It's a very deep draft. Where did you hear it wasn't a deep draft?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Caller Bob wrote:
The Division wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Coyotes fans, all 12 of them, are losing their shit right now because they lost draft picks for draft fuckery and we didn't.

What draft fuckery?

It’s not really the Hawks draft fuckery, fans of pretty much every other team in the NHL think the Hawks should have received an actual punishment for the Kyle Beach stuff, like say, losing a draft pick.

Just saw a sampling of Twitter-ites, saying that Bedard should pull a Lindros and refuse to play for Chicago. Not sure how likely that is to happen.

Why would he do that? He's going to make a fuck ton of money in Chicago (endorsement wise) in addition to what he makes from his contract.

As a punishment to the Hawks for the Beach situation because they didn't lose any draft picks.

If he felt really strongly about sexual harassment, he probably wouldn't have played for the Canadian National Junior Team. They had some issues back in 2018.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
billypootons wrote:
sorry not a hockey guy, but watched his highlights.... is kane a fair comparison as far as prospect? small, quick, skilled etc...?

Kane is the last guy to put up the numbers this guy did in the CHL this year, but he's bigger than Kane although not big by NHL standards by any means.

He's a higher level prospect than Kane by a good measure. Much better skater is probably the biggest difference. And better hands and shot as crazy as that is to say about comparing someone to Kane.

Same personality as Toews, McDavid, Crosby and any other bland Canadian who ate slept and breathed hockey.

He'll be captain day1 if the Hawks are smart.

Gonna be a fun ride.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Is this the kid that was too good to play with kids his own age so they moved him up into leagues he didn't qualify for because he was too young?

Is he Eric Lindros/Sidney Crosby level of prospect?

Gretzky level

I was guessing he was Jesus level but Jesus didn't need to freeze the water.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
11% odds of winning the lottery and Blackhawks got lucky. If I was a fan of another team, I'd call the lottery rigged, but I'll just selfishly feel good about it.
Yeah, this kid seems like the real deal. Unfortunately, he has to play 7 years with Seth Jones eating up $9.5 million a year of the Hawks salary cap.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Interesting to read all the conspiracy stuff out there, seems the NHL has tried to Wirtz proof the team by giving them a generational talent that even the bumbling Rocky Wirtz cannot screw up, good thing because the Hawks were circling the drain last year and heading toward complete irrelevance with an expiring TV deal

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Is this the kid that was too good to play with kids his own age so they moved him up into leagues he didn't qualify for because he was too young?

From what I understand, he is one of 8 people in the history of Canada to be deemed "exceptional". I assume Ryan Reynolds and Justin Bieber are also among that list.

Bob and Doug McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:

From what I understand, he is one of 8 people in the history of Canada to be deemed "exceptional". I assume Ryan Reynolds and Justin Bieber are also among that list.

Bob and Doug McKenzie

Rounding out the top 8…

Pamela Anderson
Rob Ford
Charlie Conway

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 pm 

How do Terrance and Phillip not make the list?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Don Cherry
Steve Nash
Keanu Reeves
Carly Rae Jepsen
Martin Short
Bryan Adams
John Carling
Bobby Orr
Kim Cattrall
Richie Hawtin
Tecumseh
Bret Hart
John Candy
Leonard Cohen

and that bitch Anne Murray too

Anne Murray skipped out on a chance at a late career revival, the South Park guys asked her to show up at the Oscars and sing that one line during Robin Williams' full performance of 'Blame Canada' the year it was nominated for Best Original Song...she declined

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
billypootons wrote:

From the highlights I have watched he definitely has Kane like moments. I have also read Crosby comps.

Seems like a special kid.

He had the "exceptional player" status that only a very small handful of players received. John Tavares was one.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's pretty awesome. You get non hockey guys like me back in. I'll be watching more Hawks games again. Bailed like many when they started to suck.

I find it interesting when teams go from one HOFer to another without much lapse. So the Hawks go from Kane to Bedard. Like the Packers going from Favre to Rodgers without a year off. Montana to Young. Manning to Luck but Luck didn't last.

The greatest 3 player run of all time was this one for the Yankees...

1920-1934 - Babe Ruth

1936-1951 - Joe DiMaggio (Missed 3 years cuz of WWII)

1951- 1968 - Mickey Mantle

Nobody will ever beat that 49 year run of 3 greats. Only 1935 they were without one of them. Except for the war of course. Ya know, but they knew he was coming back so I still count it as them having DiMaggio.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:23 pm 

After Lindros made good on his promise to hold out and not play for the Nordiques for a year, the future multiple Stanley Cup winning Avs traded Eric Lindros for:

Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Ron Hextall
Kerry Huffman
Steve Duchesne
Chris Simon
Flyers 1st round 1993 pick (that the Avs would turn into....Patrick Roy and Mike Keane)
Flyers 1st round 1994 pick (that the Avs would turn into Claude Lemieux+)
Sergei Nemchinov
Tony Amonte
Alexei Kovalev
James Patrick
either John Vanbiesbrouck or Mike Richter
Mulitple NYR 1st round draft picks
$35M (about $75M in today's dollars)

Then the league stepped in and said you weren't allowed to trade a player to 2 teams like that, so in the end the Nordiques / Avs dumped a player who would never win anything for a boatload of players and picks that would power the Quebec-to-Colorado franchise to 2 Stanley Cups:

write-up of the Lindros-Nordiques saga

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:53 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:

After Lindros made good on his promise to hold out and not play for the Nordiques for a year, the future multiple Stanley Cup winning Avs traded Eric Lindros for:

Mike Ricci
Peter Forsberg
Ron Hextall
Kerry Huffman
Steve Duchesne
Chris Simon
Flyers 1st round 1993 pick (that the Avs would turn into....Patrick Roy and Mike Keane)
Flyers 1st round 1994 pick (that the Avs would turn into Claude Lemieux+)
Sergei Nemchinov
Tony Amonte
Alexei Kovalev
James Patrick
either John Vanbiesbrouck or Mike Richter
:shock: Mulitple NYR 1st round draft picks
$35M (about $75M in today's dollars)

Then the league stepped in and said you weren't allowed to trade a player to 2 teams like that, so in the end the Nordiques / Avs dumped a player who would never win anything for a boatload of players and picks that would power the Quebec-to-Colorado franchise to 2 Stanley Cups:

write-up of the Lindros-Nordiques saga

I vaguely remember that situation, but did not realize/remember the absolute haul the Nords/Avs got out of that…WOW :shock:

I highly doubt something like that will never happen again.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:00 am 

He should totally refuse to play in the third largest market in the league

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:

he could be the king of columbus or san jose instead

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:00 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

yeah, i doubt Bedard's even thinking of not playing for the Blackhawks, but who knows. I think as CH noted there's rampant sexual fuckery surrounding these players, from the time they're juniors and on. Sorta like how the Saints got busted for doing something other teams in the league were likely also doing, the Blackhawks sex scandal is highly unlikely to be an isolated to one franchise thing and is probably more prevalent in the less observed lower leagues.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i can't see a lindros 2.0.

at the time, lindros claimed he didn't like the nords' mngt, though many snickered at that and thought it was all about paying canadian income taxes plus quebec provincial income taxes. the leafs are THE club for any johnny canuck, while the habs will overpay (salary or trade) for any player with a french surname. quebec city was not a career hot spot in 1992.

the hawks will pay bedard and on we go.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
This morning David Haugh asked Mark Lazarus "When is it ok for Hawks fans to move on from the Kyle Beach coverup". I don't think many people were staying away because the gay trainer had sex with a secretly gay guy (Beach) it was because the Hawks suck.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
gay hockey sex is more newsworthy than a team's future development

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Did we win the 2028 Stanley Cup yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:30 am 

Is Lazarus still wearing his mask?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie did his thing too. He can't be happy or love the Hawks "yet". You bet your ass he and his kid are first in line for the freebies if/when they get on top again with this kid.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
When does the schedule for next year come out? I haven't been to Vegas in about six years, I could see going there to watch Bedard play if it doesn't coincide with the Super Bowl or the NCAA basketball tournament

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
shakes wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Coyotes fans, all 12 of them, are losing their shit right now because they lost draft picks for draft fuckery and we didn't.

What draft fuckery?

It’s not really the Hawks draft fuckery, fans of pretty much every other team in the NHL think the Hawks should have received an actual punishment for the Kyle Beach stuff, like say, losing a draft pick.

Fels article with the above as a premise in 5, 4, 3, 2....

lol I was coming here to see if there was a Fels article about how the Hawks don't deserve the pick.

Glad to see you're back at HFBoards. I post there even less then here, but enjoy reading the content produced by others.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
blackhawksfan wrote:
This morning David Haugh asked Mark Lazarus "When is it ok for Hawks fans to move on from the Kyle Beach coverup". I don't think many people were staying away because the gay trainer had sex with a secretly gay guy (Beach) it was because the Hawks suck.

The implied answer is when Rocky kills himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Harvard Dan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

What draft fuckery?

Fels article with the above as a premise in 5, 4, 3, 2....

lol I was coming here to see if there was a Fels article about how the Hawks don't deserve the pick.

Glad to see you're back at HFBoards. I post there even less then here, but enjoy reading the content produced by others.

took me a while to remember my screen name and had to reset the password, but was pleasantly surprised to see my ban had expired in the 8 years I was away.

Wish I could find my old screen name but I can't. Looks like Hakan's Lube will never post again.

what's your name over there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next