It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Connor Era
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
4 PPGs and a chance to break a 22 game road losing streak?
Guess I'm staying up late for the third period.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Looking good! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
shakes wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the 'rematch' is tonight and colorado is well aware that the hawks have circled manson as the most popular player tonight. foligno made a comment or two - as mentioned, foligno is getting older by the day and i don't view him as an enforcer. if tinordi goes after manson, then you know richardson had a talk with tinordi and tinordi likes playing pro hockey. he's slow, not very agile and his passing sometimes ends up as icing calls, but he may need a reminder once in awhile as to why any hockey club would pay him.

pussy didn't have the guts to show up.

looks like it...his mysterious lower body injury healed and manson played lots of minutes (18+) in colorado's 7-2 beatdown of the red wings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Beauvillier traded to Nashville for a fourth or a fifth round pick.

He was horrible with the Hawks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Division wrote:

5th round pick.

If they can get a 5th for that bum then they gotta be able to get a 3rd for Blackwell. He's actually pretty good. Gotta think a contender would love to have him in their bottom 6.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
shakes wrote:
The Division wrote:

5th round pick.

If they can get a 5th for that bum then they gotta be able to get a 3rd for Blackwell. He's actually pretty good. Gotta think a contender would love to have him in their bottom 6.

Too bad Murphy isn’t healthy. They could probably get a decent pick for him while retaining salary…

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 am 

beauvillier played some 20 games for the blackhawks, most without bedard/comeback from a wrist injury. i agree, he was disappointing...but, he's no bum.

blackwell has a huge heart, he's 5 foot 9. undersized. 2 career playoff points compared to beauviller's 50, and beauvillier is 4 years younger.

beauvillier was on $4 million per...the decision has been made. we're not going to keep him at $4.5-$5 million per. the chicago hockey club will need to spend because if beauvillier is a bum, some 8-10 players are 3 week old dumpster juice. worst club in hockey, it's not beauvillier's fault.

nashville is making a push, they wanted beauvillier, not blackwell.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I know Davidson wants to do this organic rebuild, and I am not saying he shouldn't do that... He really needs to get Bedard some help ASAP. I don't think we have 3-4 years before we can sign or trade for some guys. I think the Defense is really gonna take shape in the next year or so. He needs to figure out how to get rid of the Jones contract, and I do not mean by sucking up a portion of it to get rid of it. If they hit on a top 2 pick, especially if it is the #1 overall, they really need to get the train rolling. I really think they have a guy in Rockford which is gonna be their goalie of the future in with another year of seasoning in Rockford next season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cashman wrote:
I know Davidson wants to do this organic rebuild, and I am not saying he shouldn't do that... He really needs to get Bedard some help ASAP. I don't think we have 3-4 years before we can sign or trade for some guys. I think the Defense is really gonna take shape in the next year or so. He needs to figure out how to get rid of the Jones contract, and I do not mean by sucking up a portion of it to get rid of it. If they hit on a top 2 pick, especially if it is the #1 overall, they really need to get the train rolling. I really think they have a guy in Rockford which is gonna be their goalie of the future in with another year of seasoning in Rockford next season.

Yeah, as I've said, you can't follow the Toews/Kane blueprint because this situation is so much different. You don't have a farm system bursting with talent that's just one Marian Hossa away from being unstoppable. Sign, trade, do whatever it takes to get serious now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:48 am 

Good to see he can score multiple times in a game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
So a generational talent has led the Blackhawks to a top pick in the draft?

They couldn't have done it without him!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:15 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
reese johnson is fearless, but, also no enforcer and loses more than 50% of the scraps he gets into.

lost another fight tonight, to rookie russian D pavel mintyukov. looked bad. jeez.

i'm thinking it's bye-bye to johnson or anderson for slaggert's debut.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:57 am 

5pt games last night. Kid is a superstar!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:21 am 

Cashman wrote:
5pt games last night. Kid is a superstar!

8 pts in the past 2 games coinciding with the PP finally looking good. Get used to it, this is what his scoring out put will look like regularly with good teammates and a working PP. Not at that point yet, but getting a glimpse of it now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 pm 

Best comeback last night since the Calgary game in 2009. That team went on to win the Cup. This team obviously won't but the effort after falling behind by 4 goals deserves a mention.
Had my girls pull up the Calgary game on YouTube. Babies who hadn't won anything yet. The girls had tears in their eyes. Great memories!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:14 pm 

fab4fan wrote:
Best comeback last night since the Calgary game in 2009. That team went on to win the Cup. This team obviously won't but the effort after falling behind by 4 goals deserves a mention.
Had my girls pull up the Calgary game on YouTube. Babies who hadn't won anything yet. The girls had tears in their eyes. Great memories!

I think they are gonna have a top 4 pick, not sure they can get #1 overall unless the lottery falls to them.

Their D corps is looking pretty good... Ethan Del Mastro is gonna be a stud when he arrives at the big club.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:15 pm 

fab4fan wrote:

yes, in this instance: kudos to the team and to richardson. had to exert tremendous amounts of energy (scolding, mixing shit lines and getting chicken salad) to turn a road 0-4 to 5-4. the question is: not good enough at Xs and Os/developing the young players as to avoid falling behind 0-4 to a weak san jose club?

even if the hawks had lost - with bedard back; really no chance of being the worst club in the league.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:42 pm 

Cashman wrote:
fab4fan wrote:

I think they are gonna have a top 4 pick, not sure they can get #1 overall unless the lottery falls to them.

Their D corps is looking pretty good... Ethan Del Mastro is gonna be a stud when he arrives at the big club.

july will be interesting. hawks have Gs commesso/gajan and maybe a basse (still in ncaa) for the future. stauber and soderblom to battle for #2 spot/winner may be the one who has the cheaper salary. mrazek will be gone by the time this club is good. don't see them focusing on a G. maybe in the later rounds to boost the depth in the system. 1 G in the later rounds/risky pick type.

this draft is getting recognition for the D depth. hawks have stockpiled FWDs, especially Cs in the system. hawks young D cupboard isn't bare. still have serious prospects in del mastro/allen/rinzel (still in ncaa). out of those 3, rinzel looks like the surest bet to be at least a 3/4 D-man. phillips looks like he can eventually be a 5/6 D-man, while it doesn't look to good for crevier.

hawks in the enviable draft position of 2 1st round picks and 3 2nd round picks. 5 picks in the top 65. wish i was the gm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:46 am 

fab4fan wrote:

hope you enjoyed that win so much that in 5 years when you are watching Celebrini tear it up for San Jose you turn to your kids and say "Hey don't be upset, we'll always have that comeback win vs them in a meaningless March game 5 years ago!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:37 am 

You do know they use lottery balls, it's not a direct last = first pick?
See 2023, Connor Bedard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 pm 

fab4fan wrote:
You do know they use lottery balls, it's not a direct last = first pick?
See 2023, Connor Bedard.

and if San Jose has more balls than us and gets the #1 pick my point stands.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:01 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Cashman wrote:
fab4fan wrote:

july will be interesting. hawks have Gs commesso/gajan and maybe a basse (still in ncaa) for the future. stauber and soderblom to battle for #2 spot/winner may be the one who has the cheaper salary. mrazek will be gone by the time this club is good. don't see them focusing on a G. maybe in the later rounds to boost the depth in the system. 1 G in the later rounds/risky pick type.

this draft is getting recognition for the D depth. hawks have stockpiled FWDs, especially Cs in the system. hawks young D cupboard isn't bare. still have serious prospects in del mastro/allen/rinzel (still in ncaa). out of those 3, rinzel looks like the surest bet to be at least a 3/4 D-man. phillips looks like he can eventually be a 5/6 D-man, while it doesn't look to good for crevier.

hawks in the enviable draft position of 2 1st round picks and 3 2nd round picks. 5 picks in the top 65. wish i was the gm.

I am VERY excited about the goalie group. I just hope they have a better team to put around Commesso so he doesn't lose his confidence.

I might of gotten a tip from someone close to the agent of Nazar..... He is signing with the Hawks as soon as his season is done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I still think they have an outside chance at the playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:46 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I still think they have an outside chance at the playoffs

I think that is a double edged sword. Gives people hope and helps Bedard out, but fucks up the draft pick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:54 pm 

Cashman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Cashman wrote:
fab4fan wrote:

I am VERY excited about the goalie group. I just hope they have a better team to put around Commesso so he doesn't lose his confidence.

I might of gotten a tip from someone close to the agent of Nazar..... He is signing with the Hawks as soon as his season is done.

yeah, the money is enough for ncaa players to give up classes. the entry level contracts are from apprx. $670k-$875k a year, for up to 3 years. if the player is good enough to see more than 9 nhl games in one season, 1 year gets shaved off the entry level contract. that's my understanding of it.

anyways, nazar under contract sees the hawks with an abundance of Cs. i know he can play right wing and could get slotted in at RW on the bedard line. kurashev-bedard-nazar. skilled and very fast. i'm thinking this could be the best way to go. i'm hearing and seeing (youtube) great stuff about C prospects moore (ncaa), greene/ludwinski/dach and a dark horse points-producer in savoie. the quebec juniors is a great place to develop offensively.

those are only the Cs. 2 blue chip LWs in hayes and lardis....and the off-on potential of reichel.

the tip you got is great news. exciting time for kyle from chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:19 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

anyways, nazar under contract sees the hawks with an abundance of Cs. i know he can play right wing and could get slotted in at RW on the bedard line. kurashev-bedard-nazar. skilled and very fast. i'm thinking this could be the best way to go. i'm hearing and seeing (youtube) great stuff about C prospects moore (ncaa), greene/ludwinski/dach and a dark horse points-producer in savoie. the quebec juniors is a great place to develop offensively.

those are only the Cs. 2 blue chip LWs in hayes and lardis....and the off-on potential of reichel.

Yeah, I've read that Moore needs a little more maturation, which is fine. Dach sounds like his brother, not really healthy. I hope his ceiling is at least an Andrew Shaw type player.

Let's just say, the guy is not getting paid by the Hawks, but is VERY close to that organization.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Cashman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Cashman wrote:
fab4fan wrote:

yeah, the money is enough for ncaa players to give up classes. the entry level contracts are from apprx. $670k-$875k a year, for up to 3 years. if the player is good enough to see more than 9 nhl games in one season, 1 year gets shaved off the entry level contract. that's my understanding of it.

so we're rooting for Michigan to get knocked out early?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:29 pm 

the regionals start thursday...greene along with moore & rinzel playing on thursday, nazar and michigan play friday, i believe.

i'm thinking the hawks will wait and have nazar's entry level contract start for 2024-25 season. i'm sure they'll give nazar the players' contract max of apprx. $875k a year for an entry level contract. will it be for 2 or 3 years? i believe it can be for either.

watched last night's game and had to be impressed with slaggert. great play on goal #2. both pang on chicago broadcast and kelly hrudey on calgary's broacast mentioned the play. the hawks getting rid of deadweight wingers in katchouk/r.johnson in place of a lively and much more skilled body in slaggert is obvious to see. looks like one line of the rebuild crossword puzzle has been solved. kaiser also looked great.

kudos to dickinson. i had him marked as a 3rd line C...has played much, much better than that. mrazek also played well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:38 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the regionals start thursday...greene along with moore & rinzel playing on thursday, nazar and michigan play friday, i believe.

i'm thinking the hawks will wait and have nazar's entry level contract start for 2024-25 season. i'm sure they'll give nazar the players' contract max of apprx. $875k a year for an entry level contract. will it be for 2 or 3 years? i believe it can be for either.

watched last night's game and had to be impressed with slaggert. great play on goal #2. both pang on chicago broadcast and kelly hrudey on calgary's broacast mentioned the play. the hawks getting rid of deadweight wingers in katchouk/r.johnson in place of a lively and much more skilled body in slaggert is obvious to see. looks like one line of the rebuild crossword puzzle has been solved. kaiser also looked great.

kudos to dickinson. i had him marked as a 3rd line C...has played much, much better than that. mrazek also played well.

Slaggy is my guy! Just found out we are frat brothers. I was never in a frat in college, but just joined one a couple years ago. It's only got one house and it's off off campus in South Bend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next