It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Connor Era
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
They are even worse in person.

Hard to see right now what they are trying to do here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It's pretty obvious they are tanking again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Seacrest wrote:

what's hard to see? They entered the year as the worst team in the league, added Bedard and a bunch of veteran 3rd and 4th liners. Then Bedard and most of those veterans got hurt or got kicked off the team and as a result they are still the worst team in the league (or at least 2nd worst). With Bedard out 2 months it's time to accelerate the tank and try and get that #1 pick again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:25 pm 

Guy purchases tickets for professional sports team that is currently the second worst in the entire league

Guy purchases tickets for team that on top of that has lost their only talented phenom of a player

Guy goes to game and then subsequently rants on message board that to his dismay, the product on the ice stunk

You can't make this type of stupid up, folks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

what's hard to see? They entered the year as the worst team in the league, added Bedard and a bunch of veteran 3rd and 4th liners. Then Bedard and most of those veterans got hurt or got kicked off the team and as a result they are still the worst team in the league (or at least 2nd worst). With Bedard out 2 months it's time to accelerate the tank and try and get that #1 pick again.

Who else beside Bedard and Dickinson do you like shakes?

The current team has trouble making consecutive passes on an offensive rush.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:38 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Worth remembering that even the miserable 2007 Blackhawks had two sure HoFers and a borderliner in Keith, Seabrook, and Sharp getting regular ice time. Crawford, Bolland, Byfuglien, Brouwer, and Hjalmarsson were in the system and getting looks. You had players who would turn into later contributors: Rene Bourque became Jimmy Hayes, Tuomo Ruutu became Andrew Ladd, Brandon Bochenski became Kris Versteeg. In retrospect, there was a lot of groundwork down before Toews and Kane ever set foot on the ice, to say nothing of Marian Hossa. Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't see similar groundwork here, and I don't see two Connor Bedards, either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I like Vlasic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:42 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I like Vlasic.

Most girls do

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:05 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Worth remembering that even the miserable 2007 Blackhawks had two sure HoFers and a borderliner in Keith, Seabrook, and Sharp getting regular ice time. Crawford, Bolland, Byfuglien, Brouwer, and Hjalmarsson were in the system and getting looks. You had players who would turn into later contributors: Rene Bourque became Jimmy Hayes, Tuomo Ruutu became Andrew Ladd, Brandon Bochenski became Kris Versteeg. In retrospect, there was a lot of groundwork down before Toews and Kane ever set foot on the ice, to say nothing of Marian Hossa. Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't see similar groundwork here, and I don't see two Connor Bedards, either.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Guy purchases tickets for professional sports team that is currently the second worst in the entire league

Guy purchases tickets for team that on top of that has lost their only talented phenom of a player

Guy goes to game and then subsequently rants on message board that to his dismay, the product on the ice stunk

Here is the definition of a rant...speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

I posted one, simple line about a sport you somehow know less about than football.

And the tickets were a gift, and seeing Connor McDavid, I guy you never heard of, would have made them worth purchasing them if need be.

:lol: Nice try Simple Bob.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
the difficult part for davidson is approaching. i imagine that he's taking notes on who to keep and what role(s) they will play for the club when the hawks become a legit playoff contender. that started today, when he decided to extend 36 y/o foligno, 2 years at $4.5 million per. i have no issue with this, though foligno signed a cheaper 2 year deal with the bruins a few years ago. with plenty of cap room, hawks still need to be cap savvy. move may also be one to make sure the club hits the salary floor.

foligno has played well. i didn't think much of this signing, but, he's been relatively productive and appears to be important to the room and bedard - maybe he's the whole room after perry's departure. no issue with this, even if foligno drops off/falls off a cliff, he'll be on the 4th line at the worst, for 2 more years.

dickinson and blackwell have also impressed. my opinion is that both players have flaws: dickinson isn't the fastest skater/hitch in a good snap shot, while blackwell lacks size, isn't consistent and injury-prone. if i'm the GM, i'd be looking at 3rd line C money for dickinson and 4th line C money for blackwell. if we start overpaying these guys, it will catch up to us in time. if bedard/nazar/dickinson/blackwell play the same/up to potential, the hawks will be strong up the middle on all 4 potential future lines. 3 of the 4 Cs are undersized, but will be formidable offensively. this would leave Cs johnson/guttman on the outs. athanasiou is the wild-card 4th C, if blackwell doesn't pan out.

easy for me. this is davidson's career and i'm not sure how patient and forgiving danny wirtz is, if davidson's moves don't pan out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Here is the definition of a rant...speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

I posted one, simple line about a sport you somehow know less about than football.

And the tickets were a gift, and seeing Connor McDavid, I guy you never heard of, would have made them worth purchasing them if need be.

:lol: Nice try Simple Bob.

Good rant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:50 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Yep, people are forgetting that when K and T showed up this team was already full of championship building pieces including future HOF players.

Bedard has none of that. The org is loaded with prospects and picks so they have two options. Build through the draft and let it grow organically or cash in some of those assets for guys further along in their development.

Other thing people don’t realize is that none of those prospects are going to be as advanced as Bedard and develop as fast. If they go the first route it’s going to legit take 4-5 years before this team is competitive.

If they go route two that could speed things up quite a bit, but that all depends on who they get in those trades.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Bedard has none of that. The org is loaded with prospects and picks so they have two options. Build through the draft and let it grow organically or cash in some of those assets for guys further along in their development.

I think it's gotta be the second. It'd be the Nords/Avs model, where they built almost the whole team on trades. The league moves too fast now, on and off the ice, for a lugubrious build-through-the-draft-the-right-way approach. Otherwise we face becoming the Oilers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
shakes wrote:

I think it's gotta be the second. It'd be the Nords/Avs model, where they built almost the whole team on trades. The league moves too fast now, on and off the ice, for a lugubrious build-through-the-draft-the-right-way approach. Otherwise we face becoming the Oilers.

Won't the NHL just find a way to get a bunch of good players around him like the NBA does for LeBron?

Just have a few Russians join Klutch Sports and then have Rich Paul demand some trades.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Curious Hair wrote:
shakes wrote:

I have a sister named Lugubrious...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:30 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the difficult part for davidson is approaching. i imagine that he's taking notes on who to keep and what role(s) they will play for the club when the hawks become a legit playoff contender. that started today, when he decided to extend 36 y/o foligno, 2 years at $4.5 million per. i have no issue with this, though foligno signed a cheaper 2 year deal with the bruins a few years ago. with plenty of cap room, hawks still need to be cap savvy. move may also be one to make sure the club hits the salary floor.

dickinson and blackwell have also impressed. my opinion is that both players have flaws: dickinson isn't the fastest skater/hitch in a good snap shot, while blackwell lacks size, isn't consistent and injury-prone. if i'm the GM, i'd be looking at 3rd line C money for dickinson and 4th line C money for blackwell. if we start overpaying these guys, it will catch up to us in time.

dickinson, 28, just signed a 2 year extension for $4.25 million per - a hefty raise from his previous $2.65 million per year deal. hawks have been impressed with him on and off the ice. says he sees what's down the line for the club and wants to be part of it. not sure if he sees something 3 years out, while his deal is for 2 years out. hawks have $8.75 million cap hit on foligno and dickinson for the next 2 years. currently injured tyler johnson has a cap hit $5 million for this season - his last year under contract. he'll be let go at the end of the year, unless traded at the deadline. hawks make up lots of this new money that way.

the hawks do have wiggle room on the cap, but i do feel they overpaid these 2 players. nylander was rumored as a free agent, but just got $11.5 million per year from the leafs. leaves elias petterson of the canucks - having a super season, as someone they can afford and perhaps overpay. the issue here is that petterson is a C, the hawks have plenty of those on the roster and amongst the prospects (nazar, moore, greene, ludwinski). i believe that petterson will get $12.5 million per, on the open market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:55 am 

looking l like next week for Bedard. Final doc appt on Monday.

I haven't watched a minute of Hawks hockey since the second Bedard got hurt. How we looking lol?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:02 am 

Looking like, record wise, the worst team in the NHL. Don't tell Beardown, he still has playoff aspirations.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Looking like, record wise, the worst team in the NHL. Don't tell Beardown, he still has playoff aspirations.

nice, so everything is going according to plan.

Just need to get lucky with the ping pong balls in May. Then we'll be Celebrining late into the night!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I usually have it on but don't watch closely. They still try but they aren't good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:30 am 

shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

nice, so everything is going according to plan.

Just need to get lucky with the ping pong balls in May. Then we'll be Celebrining late into the night!

They need a fuck-ton more than just what another top pick will bring.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:31 am 

Hopefully he comes back and finally shows the potential we all hoped a #1 pick would have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:33 am 

Brick wrote:
Hopefully he comes back and finally shows the potential we all hoped a #1 pick would have.

Would you consider a Bedard for Caleb Williams trade?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:42 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

Marvin Harrison is a better hockey player.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:44 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

Marvin Harrison is a better hockey player.

His shot is deadly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:46 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
First shot on goal against Vancouver at 19:35 of first period.
Kid can't get back soon enough!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:41 am 

fab4fan wrote:
First shot on goal against Vancouver at 19:35 of first period.
Kid can't get back soon enough!

just like last week's game. heard wiedeman plead with fans to "come out and support your competitive blackhawks". right. half these guys are AHL players and most of the rest are at best: 3rd & 4th liners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next