It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Connor Era
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
shakes wrote:
looking l like next week for Bedard. Final doc appt on Monday.

I haven't watched a minute of Hawks hockey since the second Bedard got hurt. How we looking lol?

Tonight's the night. https://abc7chicago.com/connor-bedard-i ... /14429115/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
He's back!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
shakes wrote:
He's back!!!!

Tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He still leads rookies in goals :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:24 pm 

pittmike wrote:
shakes wrote:
He's back!!!!

Tonight?

no, 6 months from now :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:31 am 

took him about a period and a half to shake the rust off, but then looked great. Very nice saucer pass assist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Yes, he could have just as easily taken the shot but it was a perfect pass. I turned it off right after that as I had seen all I needed to see.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:30 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hawks in the drivers seat for the best odds in the lottery. Even if they don't get it that Russian dman from MSU or that freight train of a center from Canada would be a great adds for this team.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Goal and an assist for Bedard today. Also had a great move goal called back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Division wrote:

That was a great move on the one called back. Isn't it rare for a goalie to get faked out so bad that he leaves 70 percent of the net open?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:16 am 

DAC wrote:
Hawks in the drivers seat for the best odds in the lottery. Even if they don't get it that Russian dman from MSU or that freight train of a center from Canada would be a great adds for this team.

Is this draft class considered to be pretty deep?

Hawks have 5 picks in the top 65

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:34 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Beardown wrote:
The Division wrote:

That was a great move on the one called back. Isn't it rare for a goalie to get faked out so bad that he leaves 70 percent of the net open?

i look at it this way: with the 'new' carbon & graphite sticks...not many today need to use the old-fashioned slap-shot to generate power. the new sticks bend and give velocity to the shot from the torque generated. fast and more accurate.

when bedard flinches his wrists or lifts a skate...the goaltender is finished. he's committed to the known and respected commodity - bedard's wicked snap shot. all bedard has to do skate past a beached pylon and finesse the puck into a empty net after a fake.

special player, super talents.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
DAC wrote:

Is this draft class considered to be pretty deep?

Hawks have 5 picks in the top 65

Not as deep as last years, that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Davidson uses some of the 5 to get a younger forward that going to be an RFA. He has talked about spacing out the prospects so this kind of has me thinking trades prior to the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:14 pm 

i agree, need to bolster the roster. the bedard opus just starting to unfold is great...having the worst record in the nhl isn't. too many undersized FWDs can't skate, stickhandle, handle a pass, shoot or make a 12 foot pass at consistent NHL levels to save their lives. sticking with a similar roster like this next year, to wait on no-guarantee prospects...not good.

i'm ok with a core of known qualities of bedard and kurashev as top 6 guys. lots of room for 4 others. need more attacking quality. to me, dickinson and foligno are quality 3rd line guys. hawks trying to shoe-horn dickinson as a #2 shut-down C. i don't see it. hawks have Cs coming up, including nazar. beauvillier may be coming back tonight, want to see him a bit more before deciding. i believe the quality is there.

love the experience korchinski is getting, only if he learns from that experience. lots of coverage issues and not the strongest. like his moves on the blue-line and puck-handling/skating abilities..has a weak shot. he's not a quinn hughes, for sure...but, a definite top 4 D-man going forward.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Found tonight's game on ESPN+, I had not watched for several weeks. Man, that defense is not good. I know they are almost all going, but it's a rough watch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Found tonight's game on ESPN+, I had not watched for several weeks. Man, that defense is not good. I know they are almost all going, but it's a rough watch.

The offense isn’t much better. They can generate very little outside of Bedard..

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:26 pm 

And it looks like Bedard might be hurt again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:01 am 

been a very tough stretch for him. took a wicked slash on the wrist the other night. that could have been catastrophic.

no one on the club that could have punished manson for the slash and not too many on the club can skate and play with him.

the slash reminded me of last week's jersey retiree. brian propp slashed chelios and broke 1 or 2 of his fingers. later that year in the playoffs, chelios nearly killed him. propp's brain was nearly crushed by a human elbow and steel that held plexiglass.

sorry, don't see bedard seeking out retribution. that tells me, the rough stuff will only continue.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
been a very tough stretch for him. took a wicked slash on the wrist the other night. that could have been catastrophic.

no one on the club that could have punished manson for the slash and not too many on the club can skate and play with him.

the slash reminded me of last week's jersey retiree. brian propp slashed chelios and broke 1 or 2 of his fingers. later that year in the playoffs, chelios nearly killed him. propp's brain was nearly crushed by a human elbow and steel that held plexiglass.

sorry, don't see bedard seeking out retribution. that tells me, the rough stuff will only continue.

I don't understand why they didn't try to acquire Ryan Reaves...

They better have someone on the team next year that can protect these kids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:21 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

He only missed a couple of shifts last night, blocked a shot and he's not #4 out there...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:35 am 

Cashman wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I don't understand why they didn't try to acquire Ryan Reaves...

They better have someone on the team next year that can protect these kids.

not many options for the current year and next. foligno is a good fighter, tough...but, he's no enforcer, he's getting older by the day and he broke his finger the last time he 'gave some medicine' to an opponent that rocked bedard. i'm thinking that finger is still bothering him. reese johnson is fearless, but, also no enforcer and loses more than 50% of the scraps he gets into.

brings us to tinordi. thought he was ok last year, this year he's been terrible. no career renaissance for this player under a 2nd year of former D richardson. tinordi has size and toughness. he really should had been looking for manson after that slash. that slash can't happen. that slash could have easily ended bedard's season and caused problems for another year. i wonder if nhl HQ will look at that slash and fine manson - can't lose the nhl's brightest assets to nonsense like that. all in all, i don't think tinordi/$1.25 million is back next year.

saw the reaves x rempe fight. rempe held his own with that reach - smart jabs with the left, but reaves is still the top policeman.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Finally saw the kid in person Saturday night. I've been impressed with him so far and he didn't disappoint live. Was scared he messed up a knee at one point but he didn't miss a shift. Total dogshit game however. Seth Jones had a night to forget.
Agree they need to get someone to protect Bedard!!! No response to the slash from Colorado UNFORGIVABLE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:10 pm 

the 'rematch' is tonight and colorado is well aware that the hawks have circled manson as the most popular player tonight. foligno made a comment or two - as mentioned, foligno is getting older by the day and i don't view him as an enforcer. if tinordi goes after manson, then you know richardson had a talk with tinordi and tinordi likes playing pro hockey. he's slow, not very agile and his passing sometimes ends up as icing calls, but he may need a reminder once in awhile as to why any hockey club would pay him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:19 am 

that breakaway effort by Bedard last night was pathetic. Never imagined it needed to be said about Bedard, but he needs to have a little more confidence in his abilities. Coming in on the goalie and taking some speed off at the top of the circles and then doing all these non-committal half ass little head fakes and stick handles hoping and praying the goalie will bite and bail you out by giving you half an open net to tuck the puck into is not going to be successful. We saw the result, he ended up on top of the goalie and could barely get the puck up to the bottom of the catching glove.

Bedard needs to either pick his spot and rip the puck or commit to a move and do it at speed. Make the goalie react to him, not the other way around.

Weird to have to say this about Bedard, but I would bet that he's already had a few people say this to him since last night. Probably saying it to himself after seeing the replay.

LFG you're Connor Friggen Bedard. The goalies are already soiling themselves just seeing you with the puck coming at them...no need to let the goalie get settled and take control of the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
the 'rematch' is tonight and colorado is well aware that the hawks have circled manson as the most popular player tonight. foligno made a comment or two - as mentioned, foligno is getting older by the day and i don't view him as an enforcer. if tinordi goes after manson, then you know richardson had a talk with tinordi and tinordi likes playing pro hockey. he's slow, not very agile and his passing sometimes ends up as icing calls, but he may need a reminder once in awhile as to why any hockey club would pay him.

pussy didn't have the guts to show up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:54 pm 

shakes wrote:
that breakaway effort by Bedard last night was pathetic. Never imagined it needed to be said about Bedard, but he needs to have a little more confidence in his abilities. Coming in on the goalie and taking some speed off at the top of the circles and then doing all these non-committal half ass little head fakes and stick handles hoping and praying the goalie will bite and bail you out by giving you half an open net to tuck the puck into is not going to be successful. We saw the result, he ended up on top of the goalie and could barely get the puck up to the bottom of the catching glove.

Bedard needs to either pick his spot and rip the puck or commit to a move and do it at speed. Make the goalie react to him, not the other way around.

Weird to have to say this about Bedard, but I would bet that he's already had a few people say this to him since last night. Probably saying it to himself after seeing the replay.

LFG you're Connor Friggen Bedard. The goalies are already soiling themselves just seeing you with the puck coming at them...no need to let the goalie get settled and take control of the situation.

yeah, that was weak. He should have done the move he did a couple of weeks ago that got called back for offside. Deked the goalie into a wide open side of the net.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
shakes wrote:

Bedard should definitely be taking hockey advice from an out of shape lawyer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:

Bedard should definitely be taking hockey advice from an out of shape lawyer.

well if he's only going to take advice from people better than him he's going to run out of people to turn to really quick. And I prefer to go by out of shape retired international gold medalist hockey player.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:29 pm 

The Division wrote:
shakes wrote:

yeah, that was weak. He should have done the move he did a couple of weeks ago that got called back for offside. Deked the goalie into a wide open side of the net.

that move worked because he was coming in from the left side. Can't do that move coming at the goal head on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Division wrote:
shakes wrote:

that move worked because he was coming in from the left side. Can't do that move coming at the goal head on.

Yeah, that’s true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next