It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Connor Era
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Rico's Lansing, IL
Happy New Year!!!
???

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
fab4fan wrote:
Happy New Year!!!
???

Better than the 31st...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:03 pm 

Bedard took a shoulder to the jaw. Left in the first and hasn’t come back yet…edit: out for the rest of the game…

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:20 pm 

This game is turning into an old time hockey game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Fractured Jaw

Fuck....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Clean hit . Needs to understand he’s not in juniors anymore and guys arent just going to let him skate through the middle like that.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:44 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Clean hit . Needs to understand he’s not in juniors anymore and guys arent just going to let him skate through the middle like that.

Is a hit to the head considered clean? Edit: I don’t think there was intent to injure, as it was a weird play that took him in the direction of the hit. But it was clearly a hit to the head, hence a broken jaw.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:55 pm 

I didn't watch the game, did the Hawks retaliate?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Sort of. There were a few fights, nothing to really note. It was a clean hit and Bedard's head was down. Fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:42 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I didn't watch the game, did the Hawks retaliate?

Foligno fought the guy who broke Bedard's jaw and ended up with a broken finger. It was an old time hockey game last night. Lots of physical play.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Does IR in hockey mean out for the year?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:12 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Does IR in hockey mean out for the year?

No

Quote:
The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Saturday morning that Connor Bedard was placed on injured reserve because of a fractured jaw. That means he'll miss a minimum of seven days, but it will surely be more.

Bedard left in the first period of Friday's 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils after taking a big hit from defenseman Brendan Smith. He was seen holding his jaw area as he went to the locker room.

"Connor was just really upset last night," Jason Dickinson said. "That's pretty much all I talked to him about was just staying positive and being OK with where he's at."

Blackhawks head coach Luke Richardson didn't have a clear timeline for Bedard, but traditionally these injuries are about 4-6 weeks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:16 pm 

K that’s a decent sized window to try to grab some affordable tix.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:23 pm 

To see what? Without Bedard they'll have to pay people to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:17 pm 

They will be racing the Sharks to the bottom…

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:25 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
To see what? Without Bedard they'll have to pay people to go.

That’s what makes the tix affordable.

I’m not dropping $250 a ticket for 5 people to tell my kids they got to see Bedard for 18 minutes in a 6-1 loss.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:57 pm 

They were pretty cheap before. You'd be crazy to go unless your kids are 5 yo, you sit in the nose bleed, and you tell them yeah sure Bedard is out there. We were thinking of going this week and my son said this morning he doesn't want to go. I might not even watch these games. It's going to be epically bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:04 am 
1000 CLUB

You'll be able to see Bedard for the next fifteen years. I guess there is something to be said about seeing him in his rookie year.

Yes, tickets have been real cheap on the secondary market. I've been checking cuz I wanted to see him too. Guess I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks.

I would imagine the Hawks will be great for the next decade and no cheap tickets when that happens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:07 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
The Division wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Is a hit to the head considered clean? Edit: I don’t think there was intent to injure, as it was a weird play that took him in the direction of the hit. But it was clearly a hit to the head, hence a broken jaw.

i also believe the hit was 'ok'. so many factors went into this incident - but, it was only a matter of time. his size (lack of height and weight) doesn't help him at all and his own speed will magnify the impact with the boards, the net/goalie and in this case, smith's shoulder. i remember when jack hughes crashed into the boards in st. louis. a player with no speed and no skill never gets injured on that play. the shitty player takes a leisurely skate back to the bench to end his shift.

bedard is a very good stick-handler, though, not the best in hockey. lost control, reached and put his head down for a split second to recover the puck. that's all it takes. never put your head down. hockey, like soccer when dribbling. look up.

i believe he will recover fine. if he was soft, he wouldn't be playing professional hockey at age 18 against the best in the world. will probably wear a jaw protector when he comes back.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:12 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

i also believe the hit was 'ok'. so many factors went into this incident - but, it was only a matter of time. his size (lack of height and weight) doesn't help him at all and his own speed will magnify the impact with the boards, the net/goalie and in this case, smith's shoulder. i remember when jack hughes crashed into the boards in st. louis. a player with no speed and no skill never gets injured on that play. the shitty player takes a leisurely skate back to the bench to end his shift.

bedard is a very good stick-handler, though, not the best in hockey. lost control, reached and put his head down for a split second to recover the puck. that's all it takes. never put your head down. hockey, like soccer when dribbling. look up.

i believe he will recover fine. if he was soft, he wouldn't be playing professional hockey at age 18 against the best in the world. will probably wear a jaw protector when he comes back.

At least he can skate so shouldn’t be an issue keeping in shape.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Beardown wrote:
You'll be able to see Bedard for the next fifteen years. I guess there is something to be said about seeing him in his rookie year.

Yes, tickets have been real cheap on the secondary market. I've been checking cuz I wanted to see him too. Guess I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks.

I would imagine the Hawks will be great for the next decade and no cheap tickets when that happens.

Why do you think the Hawks are going to be great for the next decade?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Why do you think the Hawks are going to be great for the next decade?

Depends Who they have in the pipelIne. Mid 90s Hawks were terrible, but we watched the kids arrive and turn things around. They were much better when Kane arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:56 am 

The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

At least he can skate so shouldn’t be an issue keeping in shape.

yeah, he should be fine psychically. will get a mid-season 'break'. my only concern would be psychological. his first major injury and read dickinson's comments that bedard was upset...i guess the reality that he wouldn't play for awhile sunk in and bedard expressed his feelings about that. i don't believe he's soft and my level of concern would be a 2 out of 10.

i've read/watched/heard canadian media the past few days and every single person dismissed the hit. hrudey and bieksa both thought nothing of it on sat.'s hockey night in canada.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 am 

It wasn't really a dirty hit, but still #2 on NJ needs to be taken out of the game on a stretcher next time they play. You need to send a message to the rest of the league that it isn't "open season" on Bedard.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:06 pm 

smith was a top 4 D on the red wings when the blackhawks were at their peak. him and his club got steamrolled by the blackhawks more than once and maybe the indian on the sweater got him going.

i believe he's well respected in the league, but to your point - retribution was to be expected and be/was dealt out and smith 'took his medicine'. i believe he understood that. the flip side is the devils have some talent too. hughes is also bedard's size and is also vulnerable to getting separated from the puck at speed by a heavy d-man.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
clean hit as NWsider explained above. Bedard losing the puck and reaching for it is what caused the whole thing.

Just gave away my 3rd row tickets for tomorrow's game vs McDavid. No one wants to see me there crying the entire game.

If Bedard is out, I'm out too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Also looking at it as an opportunity for cheap or even free tix.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
clean hit as NWsider explained above. Bedard losing the puck and reaching for it is what caused the whole thing.

Just gave away my 3rd row tickets for tomorrow's game vs McDavid. No one wants to see me there crying the entire game.

Should have stuck with it shakes.

We are still going to see McDavid at least.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

the weather tomorrow might've made it difficult even if Bedard was playing.

No interest in driving down there to just see McDavid especially since the seats are terrible (3rd row lower level even with the top of the circles. I'm not saying that sarcastically either. Those are awful seats unless you only care about seeing the zone right in front of your face.

Plus they were free so no loss.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

the weather tomorrow might've made it difficult even if Bedard was playing.

No interest in driving down there to just see McDavid especially since the seats are terrible (3rd row lower level even with the top of the circles. I'm not saying that sarcastically either. Those are awful seats unless you only care about seeing the zone right in front of your face.

Plus they were free so no loss.

I'm not sitting in traffic for two hours if that's what happens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next