It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yeah...thinking that reichel's shit year came at the best time for the club - his contract year. not sure what spiel his agent will roll out to try and get his client 2+ million/per. the thing is - the cap (ceiling & floor) is going up by some $4 million and the club HAS to spend just to get to the floor, which will be apprx. $65 million.

easy for me to spend and point at can't-miss free agents, but i'd really like to see them pry reinhart out of florida and my D free agent is RD brett pesce of carolina.

again, reinhart has stated that he wants to stay in florida and him and other florida star players have gone on record as saying that they would sign cap-friendly contracts to keep the florida core intact. reinhart is currently at $6.5 million per year. offering him $9.5-$10 million per year would certainly rewrite that script. what makes him the perfect fit is: can play C or RW/captain material/PP effectiveness/rarely injured. bedard and kurashev love to play the wings on the PP, reinhart is lethal in front of the net. sign this guy 5 times over.

as far as pesce, he's on $4 million (same as connor murphy). the club has a need for RD and he's easily a top 4 D-man...a definite upgrade over murphy at RD. the club gets stronger with pesce over murphy as a top 4 d-man on the depth chart...though murphy sticks out like a sore thumb getting $4 million per as a 5th/6th d-man. despite that, the hawks can afford that and murphy would be a fairly good 5th/6th d-man on any roster. i'd give pesce $6 million for 4 years. he'll be there when this club makes the playoffs - and pesce will play a big part in getting there.

hawks can pair:

vlasic-jones
korchinski-pesce
kaiser-murphy

i'm sure the club has all types of contingency plans in case of this or that. if i was the GM, i'd focus on reinhart and pesce...maybe they have their sights on others.

Pesce is not signing for $6m / 4 years. He's worth more. I say definitely do it, but it's costing more than that. Fine with me.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
you may be right. i can definitely see #1 rated UFA RD montour of the panthers more than doubling his current salary ($3.5 mil per) this off-season. i just can't see that with UFA RD pesce ($4 mil per). the word out of florida is that the panthers and montour are close on $7 million per year. i don't believe that pesce is worth more than montour. if he gets more, God bless...

if i get reinhart, then, i want pesce. i'd give pesce up to $6.5 mil per. if he wanted more, i'd walk away.

to me, the key with montour is that montour isn't taking a small raise to keep florida's core intact. he's likely to double his salary and the panthers want to keep him. no doubt reinhart's agent would tell reinhart to re-evaluate his commitment to a smaller raise to keep the panther's core intact. the chicago hockey club has to make an offer reinhart can't refuse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am 

real good news for all with vlasic.

just extended...6 years/$27.6 mil...$4.6 mil per. great for all, sounds like it's better for the fans and club than vlasic, himself. club-friendly deal. leaves plenty of more money for more talent.

hawks GM davidson said vlasic is a top 4 D-man, while reality tells us that vlasic is a lock on the club's #1 pairing. great deal for the club, considering that vlasic could and should get even better.

vlasic also joining seth jones on the usa team for this year's world championship in mrazek's home country. it was the czech republic since communism fell, now it's czechia.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
real good news for all with vlasic.

just extended...6 years/$27.6 mil...$4.6 mil per. great for all, sounds like it's better for the fans and club than vlasic, himself. club-friendly deal. leaves plenty of more money for more talent.

hawks GM davidson said vlasic is a top 4 D-man, while reality tells us that vlasic is a lock on the club's #1 pairing. great deal for the club, considering that vlasic could and should get even better.

vlasic also joining seth jones on the usa team for this year's world championship in mrazek's home country. it was the czech republic since communism fell, now it's czechia.

Just saw that. Good deal for everyone, actually.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 am 

tremendous deal. just the fact that UFA zaitsev ($4.5 mil) will be gone - that more than pays for vlasic's raise from $900k to $4.6 million.

i'm looking at davidson looking for a quality 2nd pair D-man. 18-20 mins a game. of course, they can mix and match - including something that i would try, based on 2023-24 play: if the hawks get a road lead in the 3rd period, move kaiser up to the 2nd pair and korchinski down to the 3rd pair.

vlasic ($4.6 mil) - jones ($9.5 mil)
korchinski ($900k) - free agent
kaiser - ($900k) - murphy ($4.5 mil)

that's how i would look at my projected D roster. that 2nd pair RD spot has brett pesce's name all over it. i would focus on him - currently injured playing against the islanders in the playoffs.

there's a good chance that murphy will be on the 2nd pair with korchinski. in my estimation, solely due to his salary. murphy has heart. willing to block shots...but other than that, he is mediocre, overall. if this is the case, then no need to sign any RFA RD talent. just try and get by with a del mastro/phillips/nolan allen pairing with kaiser. this tells me that 2024-25 will be based on wish upon a star.

if you add up the D and G - without a free agent RD signing, the money comes to around $24mil-$26 mil. that leaves apprx. $60 million for 12 FWD spots, the biggest money going to: hall $6 million/dickinson $4.25 mil/foligno $4.5 million/athanasiou $4.25 million/donato $2 million/kurashev $2.25 million.

that makes $23 million for 6 FWDs. bedard, slaggart and nazar add up to a paltry $3 million. davidson can burn some $35 million on 3 FWDs if he wishes. won't do that, but i do hope he gets reinhart out of florida.

in other words, plenty of money going forward.