It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/21 Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nice thing for Rocky and anthem is nice for being one of the only familiar things this year.

Post subject: Re: 10/21 Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
He supported a burrito attacking coach and wouldn’t use gay stick tape!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Great PP goal for Bedard, stupid penalty by Reichel...1-1..

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:58 pm 

There was a little bit of let's remember this is the team that won the Stanley cup game. Seth Jones continues to aggravate me. I'm a little done with welcome to the league Connor bedard with nobody to defend him play. I hate Chris Vosters and might try to convince my husband to pay Pat Foley to come to my house and do play by play. The 3rd and 4th lines are okay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
rooting for players like korchinski, tonight was his worst effort of the season. connor murphy should have been a -2 just from vegas' 4th goal alone (the giveaway in the neutral zone/shit 1x1 defending on subsequent goal). soderblum, softie on goal #2 - right after panger spent 2 minutes telling us how good soderblum is positionally. can't play like this against upper echelon clubs.

has to be frustrating for them having to work so hard, just to create half-chances...as most opponents out-class them talent-wise, and it looks so easy for the opponent to generate quality scoring chances.

vlasic was very good again and bedard scored his first of many.

starting to get concerned about reichel. 17th overall pick in 2020. 5 games, 0 points and a -5.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
starting to get concerned about reichel. 17th overall pick in 2020. 5 games, 0 points and a -5.

I'd put him back at wing and put AA at center and see what happens.

EDIT: That was quite a snipe by Bedard...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

I think there was some talk of with Bedard. Going to need one of those other centers (And that's assuming Bedard isn't a wing eventually) they drafted to develop in a second line center though. Seems like that's been a familiar refrain for 16 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:18 am 

The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

well, the truth is that wingers taken after reichel haven't done anything in the nhl - yet.

laferriere of the kings was taken at #83 and just scored his first career goal for the kings. at times, i have to remind myself that this is a building year for all, don't need reichel to get 65-70 points to make the playoffs this year. i'm still disappointed in reichel's 5x5 play.

if aa is a C on the hawks #3 line, i'd say the hawks are ready. aa as a C, aa has more career goals than career assists..not a good thing for a C. his hands aren't the greatest and usually, his hand-eye coordination can't keep up with his excellent speed. his speed makes him automatic nhl-caliber, though there's a reason why the wings/kings/oilers didn't want him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:02 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

well, the truth is that wingers taken after reichel haven't done anything in the nhl - yet.

laferriere of the kings was taken at #83 and just scored his first career goal for the kings. at times, i have to remind myself that this is a building year for all, don't need reichel to get 65-70 points to make the playoffs this year. i'm still disappointed in reichel's 5x5 play.

if aa is a C on the hawks #3 line, i'd say the hawks are ready. aa as a C, aa has more career goals than career assists..not a good thing for a C. his hands aren't the greatest and usually, his hand-eye coordination can't keep up with his excellent speed. his speed makes him automatic nhl-caliber, though there's a reason why the wings/kings/oilers didn't want him.

I only suggested that because they played that way at the end of the year when Reichel came up. He had something like 17 points in 24 games or thereabouts and AA was the center.

Patience is required, I agree. Reichel is only 21 or 22.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:55 pm 

your suggestion may be the correct one. my personal opinion is that aa is not a top 6 FWD.

the PP is struggling, not sure why richardson is shoehorning hall on the 1st unit, i'd go with reichel on the right...left-handed shot that works well one-timing a feathered bedard pass/passing back to the right-handed shot bedard for bedard to one-time a reichel pass. jones has had bad luck at the point on the PP, has hit the iron a few times this season and is prone to make a bad decision at the point.

boston is finishing up an excellent west-coast trip for them and play at home on thurs...may be a bit lagged/rubber legged. boston is undefeated this year. not saying this is a must-win tomorrow, but we have to get on them early. get a 2 goal lead and see how much better the youngsters play when the opponent has to take more chances.

so far, the Gs have been rotated. i believe the hawks want soderblum to 'win' the position. i'm thinking there's a good chance soderblum starts tomorrow - despite giving up a softie against las vegas. mrazek isn't perfect either, but he's 32/33 and his contract expires at the end of this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I'll be at the rematch Friday in Vegas baby!

3:00 local time start on a Friday in Vegas, how perfect is that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:06 am 

enjoy your time there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Put $20 on the Hawks to win. I think the payout is similar to the recent massive Power Ball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:56 pm 

shakes wrote:
Put $20 on the Hawks to win. I think the payout is similar to the recent massive Power Ball.

Got your Bedard sweater?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
After a early two goal deficit this team showed a lot to win in OT.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:58 pm 

shakes wrote:

Nice call! Winner!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:01 pm 

So great! Wish I could have caught this one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:54 am 

wow, great result..lots happening.

athanasiou benched, vlasic injured on iffy hit, mrazek gets 2 consecutive starts, goals for bedard and kurashev. glad to see kurashev on the PP in ot. not afraid to shoot, has a great shot...him and bedard on the power play work for me. game-winning goal.

reichel. 7 games, 0 points, -7.

too bad about vlasic, got better every game. korchinski, rebound game and kaiser played well. i'm thinking the hawks stick with zaitsev and phillips is the nuclear option if another d-man goes down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
You can see Bedard processing and trying to find time/space, it looks like when your younger brother joins you and your buddies, you can see the talent, but the size/strength difference makes the younger dude play carefully to avoid getting run over, then you come back from college a few years later and your younger brother has grown a bit and is killing you and your buddies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Clawmaster wrote:
You can see Bedard processing and trying to find time/space, it looks like when your younger brother joins you and your buddies, you can see the talent, but the size/strength difference makes the younger dude play carefully to avoid getting run over, then you come back from college a few years later and your younger brother has grown a bit and is killing you and your buddies.

I think he is quickly figuring it out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:20 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
You can see Bedard processing and trying to find time/space......................play carefully to avoid getting run over

hall and vlasic already losing time due to iffy hits. i'm afraid it's only a matter of time before a 4th-line tough guy sends him into the bench. 18 y/o can get hit by a truck and recover, it's the cumulative hits - will he be the same player at age 29? needs to stay as slippery as a fish. good at ducking hits, will lose puck possession, but better than getting crushed with his head down.

korchinski is only 1 year older than bedard and korchinski and the other rookie D is another talking point as to why this club is flashing positive signals going forward. only seen one bad game (boston at home) from korchinski, he's been better defensively than his veteran partner, murphy. better skater and much better with the puck than murphy. that duo has an issue playing opponent's rushes. need to get better there. the spacing has been poor while defending.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
You can see Bedard processing and trying to find time/space......................play carefully to avoid getting run over

hall and vlasic already losing time due to iffy hits. i'm afraid it's only a matter of time before a 4th-line tough guy sends him into the bench. 18 y/o can get hit by a truck and recover, it's the cumulative hits - will he be the same player at age 29? needs to stay as slippery as a fish. good at ducking hits, will lose puck possession, but better than getting crushed with his head down.

korchinski is only 1 year older than bedard and korchinski and the other rookie D is another talking point as to why this club is flashing positive signals going forward. only seen one bad game (boston at home) from korchinski, he's been better defensively than his veteran partner, murphy. better skater and much better with the puck than murphy. that duo has an issue playing opponent's rushes. need to get better there. the spacing has been poor while defending.

Do like the future of both guys, hard to believe that Korchinksi is only 19, you can see the semblance of a core group of top level players.