It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oct. 24 Hawks vs. Bruins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
hall is out, looks like kurashev will be back tonight. hall could be out for some time - upper body injury turned out to be a shoulder issue.

in the old days, definitely an ambush game. hawks sitting at home, boston finishing up a perfect west coast road trip, before heading home.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
hall is out, looks like kurashev will be back tonight. hall could be out for some time - upper body injury turned out to be a shoulder issue.

in the old days, definitely an ambush game. hawks sitting at home, boston finishing up a perfect west coast road trip, before heading home.

Whose turn in net?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Whose turn in net?

Mrazek, looked good on early penalty kill.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Gotta love the 30+ second retroactive offsides call to negate a beautiful goal by Bedard.

I want to complain about it more (surprise!), but I know that same replay call has saved the Hawks' bacon a few times during the various Cup runs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:31 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Gotta love the 30+ second retroactive offsides call to negate a beautiful goal by Bedard.

I want to complain about it more (surprise!), but I know that same replay call has saved the Hawks' bacon a few times during the various Cup runs.

Yeah, it also sucks when you take over .5 goals in the first and that gets waved off...oh well.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Didn’t realize Bergeron retired. Him and Captain Serious both not in the league anymore , sad times.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Didn’t realize Bergeron retired. Him and Captain Serious both not in the league anymore , sad times.

Getting old is a bitch...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bedard is good but don't think even he can score reliably from the wrong side of the Hawks blue line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:06 am 

The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Whose turn in net?

hard to fault him - a tipped shot/breakaway/slotted in from 2 feet out. i believe the avalanche's georgiev faced a similar breakaway against the hawks and was able to move his left pad and make the save. hawks aren't winning anyways when they can't score.

when any hawk team was competitive, this was an 70% victory at the stadium/united center. these guys on the way back home after winning every game in california - no ambush here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:10 am 

kudos to the nhl for having integrity - the disallowed goal can be used in highlites, i suppose. you'd think they'd promote him scoring - as they already have just for being alive.

thought it was iffy, would allow the goal. no chance, integrity rules in the nhl - the same nhl where denis morel would whistle the canadiens for 1 penalty and any opponent for 6 penalties, at the montreal forum.

allez les canadiens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's

Yeah what a bunch of bullshit. How the fuck do you disallow a goal for something that happened 30 seconds ago? NHL really fucked this up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah what a bunch of bullshit. How the fuck do you disallow a goal for something that happened 30 seconds ago? NHL really fucked this up.

Everyone clamored for instant replay in sports to "get things right". Now that it's here, everyone complains.

Delayed video review is probably the worst thing in sports.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
they need to institute a rule that you can only reverse an off sides if the goal happens within 10 seconds of the infraction. There is literally no good reason to allow goals to be reversed 30 seconds later in a shift that even included a change of possession and failure to clear.

NHL is hurting themselves with this nonsense.

We're gonna get to the point where people don't even celebrate goals till they get the OK from the assistant with the ipad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
shakes wrote:
We're gonna get to the point where people don't even celebrate goals till they get the OK from the assistant with the ipad.

Just like soccer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I didn't think it was an obvious offsides probably not even an inch and it should be called at the time. They played what 30s or so, just stop the play.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
shakes wrote:
they need to institute a rule that you can only reverse an off sides if the goal happens within 10 seconds of the infraction. There is literally no good reason to allow goals to be reversed 30 seconds later in a shift that even included a change of possession and failure to clear.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It wasn't even irrefutable that he was offsides. The ESPN announcers themselves vacillated for like 30 seconds, "well maybe he offsides, maybe he wasn't. That's enough grey area...It shouldn't have been reversed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Let's see...the NFL and MLB have proven replay does more harm than good. Now we have the NHL running "Hold My Beer"

Replay can be a good thing. It amazes that all of these leagues just insist on overcomplicating the use of it.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BigW72 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Let's see...the NFL and MLB have proven replay does more harm than good. Now we have the NHL running "Hold My Beer"

Replay can be a good thing. It amazes that all of these leagues just insist on overcomplicating the use of it.

Soccer’s VAR is the gold standard of bad video review. Makes baseball and football look efficient by comparison.

Last night’s call was closer to VAR than anything I’ve seen in real American sports so far.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants