It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chelios was on M&H and said he knew nothing about the Perry stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:57 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Chelios was on M&H and said he knew nothing about the Perry stuff.

That's exactly what he WANTS you to think.

Cheli could still kick Perry's ass, I bet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Whatever it was, it wasn’t enough to prevent the Oilers from signing him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
John Scott, a studio analyst for NBC Sports Chicago’s Blackhawks game coverage, apologized Wednesday for unsubstantiated comments he made about former Hawk Corey Perry’s behavior that led to the team terminating Perry’s contract.
“On my podcast this week I made a false and misleading statement regarding former Blackhawk Corey Perry,” Scott wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter. “It was an off-the-cuff remark that is completely unfounded and not true. It was a poor choice of words and I’ll try to be more careful in the future.”
On my podcast this week I made a false and misleading statement regarding former Blackhawk Corey Perry. It was an off-the-cuff remark that is completely unfounded and not true. It was a poor choice of words and I'll try to be more careful in the future.
— John Scott (@johnscott_32) January 24, 2024
Scott, a retired NHL enforcer who played two seasons with the Hawks, made the statements about Perry during his “Dropping the Gloves” podcast, which is affiliated with hockeyfights.com and isn’t associated with NBC Sports Chicago or the Hawks.
Perry’s contract was terminated in November after a team investigation found he “engaged in conduct that is unacceptable.” The Hawks didn’t specify what occurred.
In an apology in late December, Perry said he was “embarrassed” and was seeking help for alcohol abuse.
On Monday, he and the Edmonton Oilers reached terms on a contract for the remainder of the season.
During Monday’s podcast, Scott said: “I was on the Oilers Nation … comment section and people are all worried about his character issues. ‘Oh, all the bad players come to Edmonton. We got Evander Kane (and) bring on Corey Perry.’
“Corey Perry was a model citizen in the NHL for 18 years. Made a mistake in Columbus one night, he drank too much and he made a pass at a staff member who worked for NBC. And then Chicago, the environment that they live in now, if there’s any hint of anything like that, they just get rid of everything. Scorched earth. He’s gone.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He made sure to throw in a "Evander Kane is still a piece of shit" comment so anything else he says is golden.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
“Corey Perry was a model citizen in the NHL for 18 years. Made a mistake in Columbus one night, he drank too much and he made a pass at a staff member who worked for NBC. And then Chicago, the environment that they live in now, if there’s any hint of anything like that, they just get rid of everything. Scorched earth. He’s gone.”
[/i]

May be just rumor and gossip, but that's a pretty logical guess as to what happened.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He hit on Chelios' daughter. that's common knowledge.