It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soderblom
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You're terrible. At this point let him get shelled, who cares?

Post subject: Re: Soderblom
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
he's perfect goalie for the tank. I'd let him play every game and trade Mrazek to a contender.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Stauber and Commesso are more than ready to come up and stink too if that trade was to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
yeah, brutal. rebounds are an issue. doesn't corral loose pucks in the crease, is another. the goaltending is where we'd thought it would be - the toggle switch has moved a bit to mrazek better/soderblum worse than anticipated for 2023-24.

commesso and gajan and 21/19 y/o, respectively. can't see them competing for the #1 goaltender next year. mrazek will need to stand on his head for 2 months at his age and contract for the hawks to turn him into anything better than a 4th/5th round pick at the deadline. clubs competing for the playoffs usually have stable goaltending.

just grin and bear it, i guess.

katchouk got sent down and the truth is another 3-4 players aren't nhl caliber. reichel needs to 'step up' to getting 2 points a week or you'll see him on the 90 going west to rockford. read where the hawks have considered it. really disappointing from him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
yeah, brutal. rebounds are an issue. doesn't corral loose pucks in the crease, is another. the goaltending is where we'd thought it would be - the toggle switch has moved a bit to mrazek better/soderblum worse than anticipated for 2023-24.

commesso and gajan and 21/19 y/o, respectively. can't see them competing for the #1 goaltender next year. mrazek will need to stand on his head for 2 months at his age and contract for the hawks to turn him into anything better than a 4th/5th round pick at the deadline. clubs competing for the playoffs usually have stable goaltending.

katchouk got sent down and the truth is another 3-4 players aren't nhl caliber. reichel needs to 'step up' t getting 2 points a week or you'll see him on the 90 going west to rockford. read where the hawks have considered it. really disappointing from him.

Stauber who is 24 is who'd they'd call up if Soderblom is just too awful for words or someone gets hurt. Doubt the results would differ much however. Just so many holes on this team, you hope the young defenders develop and the forwards drafted in last two years are ready to go in 24/25 but... Some players develop well and others are, well... Like Reichel. Who knows. Going to either have to trade or sign quality either way.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
More like Soderbum, am I right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Blackhawks are farther away from being good than CB is to getting wet pussy without paying.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

katchouk got sent down and the truth is another 3-4 players aren't nhl caliber. reichel needs to 'step up' to getting 2 points a week or you'll see him on the 90 going west to rockford. read where the hawks have considered it. really disappointing from him.

They will have to find an option in net if Mrazek bolts after this year (or is traded at the deadline). Stauber probably is a borderline NHL backup/AHL starter but could probably fill in in an emergency.

I couldn't agree more on Reichel. Not sure what happened to him but he needs to get the confidence back that he had at the end of last year. Raddysh needs to step up, too, in spite of the goal last night.

Definitely sucks to lose three of your "top" forwards but someone has to step up other than Bedard.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Katchouk was sent down. I noticed he wasn't in the lineup but figured he was healthy scratched or injured. Since he wasn't claimed by anyone, that speaks volumes on what other teams think of him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:33 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

katchouk got sent down and the truth is another 3-4 players aren't nhl caliber. reichel needs to 'step up' t getting 2 points a week or you'll see him on the 90 going west to rockford. read where the hawks have considered it. really disappointing from him.

Stauber who is 24 is who'd they'd call up if Soderblom is just too awful for words or someone gets hurt. Doubt the results would differ much however. Just so many holes on this team, you hope the young defenders develop and the forwards drafted in last two years are ready to go in 24/25 but... Some players develop well and others are, well... Like Reichel. Who knows. Going to either have to trade or sign quality either way.

i agree. feel the hawks rate soderblum a ton more over stauber. if an injury occurs to either mrazek or soderbum, yeah, stauber will get the call. in the meantime, i believe the hawks were hoping soderblum would play well, beat out mrazek as the #1 and allow mrazek to leave after this season and open up more cash. the best laid plans...

soderblum has been brutal. the rebounds and being passive in goal stand out. i think we've all been fair, the players in front of him aren't the best, but soderblum himself has put a dent into the hawks short and medium term goaltender plans.

agree with trading (trading away some picks) or signing quality (restricted and unrestricted free agents). hall got injured, not the GM's fault...but, you can't have donato playing on bedard's line. need to upgrade certain spots with current nhl-caliber talent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:04 pm 

The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

They will have to find an option in net if Mrazek bolts after this year (or is traded at the deadline). Stauber probably is a borderline NHL backup/AHL starter but could probably fill in in an emergency.

I couldn't agree more on Reichel. Not sure what happened to him but he needs to get the confidence back that he had at the end of last year. Raddysh needs to step up, too, in spite of the goal last night.

Definitely sucks to lose three of your "top" forwards but someone has to step up other than Bedard.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Katchouk was sent down. I noticed he wasn't in the lineup but figured he was healthy scratched or injured. Since he wasn't claimed by anyone, that speaks volumes on what other teams think of him.

yes...i agree with you. katchouk was so desirable that no club claimed him. we last saw katchouk holding his stick in the wrong hand while on PK duty. i'm sure he tries hard, just not good enough. hate to pick on him, he's not the only one not nhl quality.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:39 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

yes...i agree with you. katchouk was so desirable that no club claimed him. we last saw katchouk holding his stick in the wrong hand while on PK duty. i'm sure he tries hard, just not good enough. hate to pick on him, he's not the only one not nhl quality.

Your last sentence is spot on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:34 pm 

hawks have 4 FWDs who are unrestricted free agents after this season. if any of these guys picks up their game, they might bring back more than a mrazek.

tyler johnson, foligno, dickinson and beauvillier. for experience and depth, i'm hoping that foligno and johnson are the ones that could be sought after by clubs looking for those qualities going into the playoffs.

i'd keep beauvillier and dickinson. i won't say dickinson has figured it out, he had plenty of games and years with dallas. just playing better in recent times - gets in good scoring areas in the attacking zone. has size, has a nice shot, but too reminiscent of bickell's hitch. that extra 1.5 second hitch doesn't play in the playoffs. during the regular season, might bring 20-25 goals a season and i see him as a #3-#4 center on a one-day quality hawk roster.

beauvillier - saw him sporadically with the islanders. seemed to up his game and score in the playoffs. has speed. i'd be willing to keep him, hawks are in dire need of nhl-caliber wingers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The Hurricanes put Antii Raanta on waivers. Any chance the Blackhawks use some cap space to pick him up and then retain salary to send him somewhere else?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:38 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The Hurricanes put Antii Raanta on waivers. Any chance the Blackhawks use some cap space to pick him up and then retain salary to send him somewhere else?

Is he worth picking up?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:56 pm 

The Division wrote:

Is he worth picking up?

He's been pretty poor lately, 85% save percentage. He was supposed to be the backup but got pressed into the starting role when their starter got diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder and is sidelined indefinitely. So I think he's just playing too much. Carolina wants to trade for a starting goalie but Raanta was making too much so they had to put him on waivers to make space.

He got assigned to the Wolves today. Wouldn't be the worst pickup if they feel that they can get him back to a good backup status and then flip him to a contender at the deadline.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:05 pm 

The Division wrote:

Is he worth picking up?

He's been pretty poor lately, 85% save percentage. He was supposed to be the backup but got pressed into the starting role when their starter got diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder and is sidelined indefinitely. So I think he's just playing too much. Carolina wants to trade for a starting goalie but Raanta was making too much so they had to put him on waivers to make space.

He got assigned to the Wolves today. Wouldn't be the worst pickup if they feel that they can get him back to a good backup status and then flip him to a contender at the deadline.

He can't be worse than Soderblom right now so why not?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:41 pm 

The Division wrote:
The Division wrote:

Is he worth picking up?

Are there enough games in Rockford for Soderblom, Comesso, and Stauber?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:51 am 

The Division wrote:
The Division wrote:

Is he worth picking up?

Are there enough games in Rockford for Soderblom, Comesso, and Stauber?

Probably not. Stauber to the E?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:49 pm 

i'd take a pass...but, if mrazek keeps playing at a high level, raanta's carolina or edmonton may come for him. skinner with a down year - better as of late, while pickard got 8 mins of prime time interview on the bench last week.

i don't believe the hawks would mind one bit if soderblum-stauber finish this season. believe they are still pushing soderblum to be the #1. need him to play 2-3 good games in a row, let alone one good game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:41 pm 

Reichel looks like the guy at the end of last year. Clearly his best game of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:12 pm 

back to back games, mrazek with a so-so performance.....soderblum will likely get the call tonight.

the rookie D:

vlasic, the best of the lot. phillips not far behind getting by on physicality and a fairly decent heavy point shot. korchinski needs work and concentration on d positioning (on the rush and cycle) and discipline and crevier needs to work on passing. a watched pot never comes to boil. they get time to iron this stuff out. phillips lost a one vs. one physical battle and korchinski woefully out of position on 2 goals against. learning process. crevier missing open guys in the neutral zone by 5 feet. looks like kaiser has played himself out of the current picture.

not the biggest fan of jones - especially on the PP. i'd get rid of murphy in a heartbeat, if we had any takers for him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
They need to start thinking about getting more talent around Bedard. It would be a godsend if they ended up with the #1 pick again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:19 pm 

Cashman wrote:
They need to start thinking about getting more talent around Bedard. It would be a godsend if they ended up with the #1 pick again.

They will definitely be in contention for it. They also have an extra first round pick from Tampa

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
He's as bad as the tender from season 1 of Shoresy.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:34 pm 

yeah. was terrible on a few goals. the new blues caoch was diplomatic. talked about getting shots on goal and the chaos that ensues. he's talking about rebounds and poor coverage on behalf of the hawks.

him and mrazek watch a lot of nonsense in front of them. the other night against the canadiens, the left defensemen chased the canadien puck carrier to the RIGHT half-hall and the puck came back to the undefended left slot and an easy canadien goal.

hopefully, the young D-corps are banking all these experiences.