It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/18 Sabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Kannnnnnnnnnnneeeeer tonite:) on versus or nbc sports whateever they fuck call it I smell a shutout

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: 1/18 Sabres
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I'd like to see them kick a team when they're down...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Must suck to be the Sabres, huh. Oh no, we're one of the biggest disappointments in the league! Maybe our Olympic/perennial All-Star goaltender can give us some words of support!

Ryan Miller wrote:
There's no trade that can fix this team

:(

Abandon hope, all ye who ice skate here.

The Sabres are really bad. The Hawks should win, but they like to phone it in against Eastern teams because the Hawks aren't good at trying hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is gonna end up being a 7-1 Blackhawks win. Sabres aren't really trying tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 pm 

Kaleta turtled against a rookie who barely likes to play physical. What a minge. Hawks couldn't kill the ensuing penalty, of course. Game's too close considering the Sabres blow goats.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
This is gonna end up being a 7-1 Blackhawks win. Sabres aren't really trying tonight.

6-2 final. I was close. Hawks should have actually scored 9 or 10 goals if they tried. They kind of just coasted in the 3rd period.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Troll wrote:
Missed the game, I had to sit this one out with 'flu like symptons'. I see that Toews netted 2 pp goals. PP any good tonight or Buffalo just bad at the sport of ice hockey?

Buffalo is just that bad. On a side note, Shaw scored his 5th goal in the 8 games he's been here. Kane has 10 all year.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Shaw scores goals because he parks himself in front of the net and hustles all over the ice. It's nice to see a guy stand there and take the punishment as he did in the 3rd when they slashed him. Additionally, I saw where Toews and Shaw were both in front of the net on another power play....I don't know how long Hayes and Shaw will stick, but they are certainly adding something much needed to the team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:00 am 

Thats the thing, you would think when you have 10 fucking goals all year with the amount of ice time he gets that party boy Kane would try and maybe you know, do something to different to score more goals like going to the front of the fucking net once in a while. He's too much of a pussy to do it and you get a little sawed off runt like Shaw parking his ass there getting the shit kicked out of him yet he's been able to put the puck in the back of the net.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 pm 

There are enough goal scorers on this team, I'm fine if all Kaner does is sets up people. When Sharp went down, I thought the team would need his goal production to increase, but fuck it... if others keep putting it in the net, just get better at setting them up. The sight of Kaner in front of the net would only incite the opposing team; well either that, or cause them to laugh their asses off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 pm 

As well as Shaw and Hayes have played, I wonder if they will be with the Hawks all year....not meaning getting sent down, but they might be used in a trade. I assume if the Hawks want that defenseman or top 6 forward they have been looking for, Shaw and Hayes might be valuable commodities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
You are correct about potential trades. They are clearly showcasing their minor league guys as the Hawks need a 2nd line center and defensive help. But heck, maybe these two are the answer....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:54 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
There are enough goal scorers on this team, I'm fine if all Kaner does is sets up people. When Sharp went down, I thought the team would need his goal production to increase, but fuck it... if others keep putting it in the net, just get better at setting them up. The sight of Kaner in front of the net would only incite the opposing team; well either that, or cause them to laugh their asses off.
Thats all well and good, I have a lot of respect for guys who are good set up men. This guy is supposed to be one of the top players in the league though, and if all he's going to do is be a gifted passer of the puck along with playing shitty defense, offer zero grit or toughness, flat out dog it some nights, then all he is a 2012 version of Michael Nylander and not one of the best players in the league like a number 1 overall pick should be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 pm 

enigma wrote:
As well as Shaw and Hayes have played, I wonder if they will be with the Hawks all year....not meaning getting sent down, but they might be used in a trade. I assume if the Hawks want that defenseman or top 6 forward they have been looking for, Shaw and Hayes might be valuable commodities.

I think Bowman knows now, if he didn't already (and I suspect he did) that the Hawks are not championship-calibre this year and won't become one by trade. My assessment of the team this summer was that they would be good enough to keep their names in the papers throughout the year, but the real grab-a-Cup-by-the-balls window was still a year or two away with a wide cast of top prospects waiting in the wings or developing on the big squad. Look at Bowman's big July 1st of one-year contracts: O'Donnell, Lepisto, Mayers, Brunette, Carcillo. You do not ready yourself for a championship by shoring up on veteran bottom-sixers and seventh defensemen whose contracts expire in a year. They are placeholders. Maybe Mayers will be back next year, maybe not, but the team now appears to have been designed for top prospects to cycle through the lineup in those veteran players' steads. (At least up front. We haven't seen the same showcase at defense other than a Dylan Olsen spot start; I suppose Q prefers to keep it safe in the back with Nick Leddy providing more than enough Learning By Doing for one blue line.) Injuries and Andrew Brunette's worthlessness may well have been developmental blessings in disguise for the organization.

So basically what I'm saying is that Hayes and Shaw aren't going to be flipped while they're excelling and cost-controlled, and that I'm coming to terms rather well with the fact that we can't and shouldn't mortgage the farm for Tim Gleason. I'll take the second-round out and dream of better years ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:09 pm 

Not with goaltending that averages nearly 3 goals a game. Same thing that's going to doom the Flyers this year. Neither Crawford nor Emery can steal a game for this team. Niemi wasn't a great goalie, but he stole games. So I hope the trade is for a goalie, or else the Hawks are going to have to hang lots of 3s, 4s, and 5s on Jimmy Howard, Jaroslav Halak, Pekka Rinne, Antti Niemi, Roberto Luongo (well, this one is doable...).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:28 pm 

I don't think that's really the case. After the lockout, the only two teams who went to the Final with bad regular seasons were the '06 Oilers and the '10 Flyers, and they both lost. All other Final participants range from above-average (Penguins, Hurricanes) to dominant (Wings, Ducks, Senators, Bruins, Canucks, Blackhawks). I don't think the Hawks will be any lower than a 5, though, and that's absolute worst-case if the Blues don't crap out after all. It's more just a matter of them being a good team amidst better teams. Frustrating.

If someone can be a dear and wipe out the Red Wings before we have to, I'll rethink my stance, but right now, I see the Hawks behind the Wings, Blues, and Canucks, and about equal with the Sharks. More positively, no one else in the West worries me at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:03 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Thats all well and good, I have a lot of respect for guys who are good set up men. This guy is supposed to be one of the top players in the league though, and if all he's going to do is be a gifted passer of the puck along with playing shitty defense, offer zero grit or toughness, flat out dog it some nights, then all he is a 2012 version of Michael Nylander and not one of the best players in the league like a number 1 overall pick should be.

But I'm not saying that he's just a gifted set up man, I think he's one of the best set up men in the league, I never thought of Nylander in that level. Granted, I'm mostly familiar with just his post-prime career.

He's still going to be a ppg player the rest of his career(Has already been twice) which is what you'd want out of a #1 overall draft pick, and is going to net 25+ goals this year(which is still pretty damn impressive). I just don't think you need him to be Stamkos on this team. I just want him to improve the pp-play(Not meant to be redundant)